UK - Nurse duped by prankster regarding royal, found dead.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And in her case, it certainly looks like an attempt to create guilt (as it comes to DJs).
She also gave instructions of how to dispose of remains.
And to ease pain for those known to the victim (hospital)
So the common reasons for suicide note are there.

Cases where suicide notes were suspected to have been forged:

"Langridge suicide note could have been forgery, investigator says"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/09/13/pol-mpcc-fynes-inquiry-investigator-ritco.html

This note was not given to the family for over two months as it was suspected to have been forged.

This happened in JS case. Why?

PEOPLE who leave suicide notes rarely give a reason for killing themselves, but they often praise loved ones and write surprisingly long, complicated letters, a conference on investigative psychology was told yesterday.

A new study into the differences between faked and genuine suicide notes may be used in the future to help identify killers who attempt to cover up murder by forging a suicide confession.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-coverups-jason-bennetto-reports-1449892.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-The-stop-trapped-killer.html#ixzz2Rutragrx

Dear Garry. I've decided to end it all: The full stop that trapped a killer

A veteran of more than 300 investigations into crimes ranging from extortion to murder, Olsson is one of the leading experts in a still emerging field known as 'forensic linguistics'.

His skill lies in identifying a suspect's 'linguistic fingerprint' - the distinctive use of language which makes each of us unique, whether we are writing letters, emails or mobile phone texts.

Thanks to Olsson and his colleagues and their work, police no longer have to depend on a crooked 'c' or a missing 'm' on a suspect's typewriter to establish whether they have written an incriminating document.

Even in today's high-tech culture, when villains use seemingly identical computers and mobiles in pursuit of their crimes, these modern-day Sherlock Holmeses can still track them down - simply through their choice of words, spacing and punctuation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-The-stop-trapped-killer.html#ixzz2RutUTWr6

I realise there is no proof that these suicide notes were forged.

However, in this case I have every reason to believe that the family could consider employing a forensic linguistics expert to make sure these notes were not forged in case the detectives have not done so.

I am suspicious because:

1. These three notes did not emerge for more than a week later.

2. The family were only given typewritten copies.

3. Were the family given all of the notes or just the one about where she wanted to be buried?

4. Why have they been published now and also without the family's permission?

5. Who has had these notes in their possession all this time?

6. Who decided to go to the media with them as it was not the family and I cannot imagine the coroner nor the police releasing them?

There are more questions than answers so all this makes me feel very suspicious as it is not normal protocol before an inquest. I can only suspect the hospital had something to do with it as they had something to gain by doing it to try to get public opinion on their side against the DJs and even against JS herself to protect their royal reputation and attempt to alleviate any financial compensation that the family might have hoped for from it thus pointing the finger back to the DJs.

And in her case, it certainly looks like an attempt to create guilt (as it comes to DJs).
She also gave instructions of how to dispose of remains.
And to ease pain for those known to the victim (hospital)
So the common reasons for suicide note are there.

Yes I realise that there are some elements but the use of language is what I am more suspicious about and the brevity of each statement.

I decided I need to check a few facts because of discrepancies between what was published in the press in December 2012 and what was published in April 2013 concerning her treatment by the hospital. The first was stated as being long and about criticism of the hospital (I had previously thought that this was an extra letter) and the recently reported one was short and simply talked about JS thanking them for their support. So both cannot be correct! Surely she did not criticise and also praise them.

In December this article was published on 14 Dec 2012:

Kate Middleton prank call: Royal hoax nurse's anger at hospital in suicide note

In one emotional letter Jacintha Saldanha criticises senior colleagues at the King Edward VII hospital over her *treatment after she was duped by two Aussie DJs. Nurse Jacintha Saldanha wrote three emotional notes revealing the anguish that led to her suicide after she was duped by two Aussie DJs into believing they were royalty.

In one, the distraught mum-of-two outlines how she struggled to come to terms with the prank call by Mel Greig and Michael Christian to the hospital where pregnant Duchess Kate was being treated for severe morning sickness.

But in another she *criticises senior colleagues at the King Edward VII hospital over her *treatment after the pair had pretended to be the Queen and Prince Charles asking about the *duchess’s condition. That note is said to have left her family furious.

A source close to Jacintha’s family said: “One of the letters, which is the longest, deals with the hospital and is critical in its tone. Needless to say, Ben wants a full inquiry into what happened, and he wants to make sure the truth comes out. Within the letter Jacintha calls into question some of the treatment she received at the hospital.”

Police are in possession of the original notes. However the family have been provided with transcripts of all three.

Senior Labour MP Keith Vaz, who is working on behalf of her *relatives, said last night: “The truth of this matter has to come out for the sake of her family.”

“At this time there are no *suspicious circumstances. Two notes were found at the scene and another note recovered from her *belongings.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-prank-call-royal-1488880#ixzz2Rv5OPxvB

Whether she blames the hospital or the DJs unfortunately the person to blame was herself. Who did she blame in her other attempts?

How did she know the names of the DJs before she died and how to spell them? Their names were not released until after she died.
The names were all over the internet within minutes of the prank going to air. The DJs had their own show with their names attached to it.

These are from after the prank, but before the suicide.

Two Sydney radio hosts have apologised for making a hoax call to the London private hospital where Prince William's pregnant wife Catherine is being treated for acute morning sickness.
We're very sorry if we've caused any issues and we're glad to hear that Kate is doing well.

Mel Greig and Michael Christian from 2Day FM posed as the Queen and Prince Charles during the phone call to King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening (AEDT) and were put through to a nurse who gave an update on the Duchess's condition.
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ry-for-kate-hospital-hoax-20121206-2awf3.html

The presenters behind the call, Mel Grieg and Michael Christian, said: "We were very surprised that our call was put through, we thought we'd be hung up on as soon as they heard our terrible accents.

"We're very sorry if we've caused any issues and we're glad to hear that Kate is doing well."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20610197

A Sydney radio station claims it pulled off "the biggest royal prank ever" after a presenter posed as the Queen and called a nurse at the London hospital treating Prince William's pregnant wife Catherine.

Presenters from Sydney's 2DayFM station, posing as the Queen and Prince Charles, called London's private King Edward VII's Hospital, where the Duchess of Cambridge is being treated for acute morning sickness.

2Day FM presenter Mel Greig, impersonating the 86-year-old monarch, dialled the hospital and asked the operator: "Could I please speak to Kate please, my granddaughter?"

The operator replied: "Oh yes, just hold on ma'am."

The call was put on hold and Greig's co-presenter Michael Christian asked incredulously: "Are they putting us through? If this has worked, it's the easiest prank call we've ever made. Your accent sucked, by the way."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-...ndition-revealed-in-aussie-radio-hoax/4411724

The names were all over the internet within minutes of the prank going to air. The DJs had their own show with their names attached to it.

These are from after the prank, but before the suicide.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ry-for-kate-hospital-hoax-20121206-2awf3.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20610197

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-...ndition-revealed-in-aussie-radio-hoax/4411724

Thanks for that. I thought so too but recently another poster on another forum stated that their names were not known before the suicide so I thought I was wrong not her.

The radio station has given the male DJ an award naming him "top jock" and giving him a free trip to LA. The DJ says despite the events of the past few months, he's at the top of his game.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/06/05/08/42/royal-prank-dj-named-top-jock

These people have no shame, no morals and no humanity.

The way I see it is that the prank call was only the final straw or TRIGGER to set off Jacintha's already suicidal mentality ie when things get tough in life, you punish everyone else by killing yourself instead of getting help or making changes.

From what I have read, the DJ's are off the hook as far as any criminal responsibility is concerned. IMO they have simply been the SCAPEGOATS for the hospital, family, media and the public to BLAME.

If you are interested in causation, you need to ask what led up to or was the trigger for her hating herself so much that her only solution was to kill herself?

Was it the marriage, the family, the job or her own actions which she felt shame about?

Was it because her husband, her employer or psychiatrist (if she had one) failed to notice, denied, failed to disclose, failed to support her emotionally, failed to help her to make changes and/or failed to act on any signs of her depressed mental state for over a year before?

When Jacintha was in India the previous December/January, Jacintha tried to commit suicide twice. What was the trigger then? Was this ever resolved? Did she or her husband disclose this to her employer if it was job-related and try to resolve it? It appears to me that Jacintha should have been put on SUICIDE WATCH since then and referred to a psychiatrist near her workplace in London for regular visits - not just put under the carpet as if nothing happened. If she was lonely in London, why didn't she move back to live with her family and get a job locally? If she was a victim of workplace bullying at the hospital, Jacintha should have been given a psychologically safe workplace. There is some evidence of the possibility of workplace bullying at the hospital where Jacintha reported her junior to management. What action did they take? Just put her on the night shift to answer the phones without any training when she was a qualified and experienced nurse? Why did Jacintha suffer from shame and guilt over that prank call when she was not the one who gave out the information? The nurse who did, has not committed suicide so why did Jacintha? Did JS then become the scapegoat at the hospital and they then at least threatened to sack her even though they have denied it?

IMO it is about time that the hospital and her husband took responsibility for their part in this. IMO there is a lot more depth to this story and blaming the DJ scapegoats for her suicide is a very superficial argument which cannot be substantiated. The DJs have been exonerated so continuing to blame them now is like flogging a dead horse and will not lead us to any open and honest answers at the inquest.

It is about time the hospital and her husband disclosed the history of at least the two years preceding JS suicide. That is where IMO the answers are. The hospital has been more interested in protecting their royal reputation and the husband has been in shock and has been grieving. Had he been trying to cover up her two suicide attempts in India until the media in India exposed them? Had jacintha disclosed to him the mitigating factors which led to these attempts? What support had jacintha been given afterwards or did they just carry on as if nothing had happened?

Often suicide happens without any warning, but Jacintha's husband was given not just one but two warnings! About 75% of suicide victims display warnings. IMO it is then the responsibility of loved ones to keep a watchful eye on the victim because without professional help and removal from the mitigating factors, the victim will attempt it again and finally achieve what they want.

There is a lot more history in this case that has not been disclosed yet which hopefully will help everyone to understand Jacintha's state of mind so please stop scapegoating the DJs!

So .. I googled the money again and came up with a big fat zero .. I'm going to assume that that is just not happening, and everyone's been sworn to secrecy for some other secret reason, which will make the people who might feel motivated to speak about it, feel less motivated to speak about it, if you know what I mean.

I'll put that plainly .. Austereo were supposed to pay the family all the advertising revenue from last December, I assume they re-negged at around the same time the story of her previous attempts came out .. I also assume they commissioned the unearthing of this interesting piece of info, and suggested nobody complain about the money because they had more .. but then I have a suspicious mind.

The radio station is supposed to appear at the upcoming inquest too ..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/med...aldanhas-inquest/story-e6frg996-1226631563075

2Day FM's case to block the ACMA from investigating the prank call is up for first directions in the Federal Court tomorrow.
Josh Taylor (@joshgnosis)
1/07/13 4:13 PM

Radio host Mel Greig is reportedly suing her employer Southern Cross Austereo for failing to provide a safe workplace.

The DJ was involved in the ill-fated royal radio prank that led to the suicide of Jacintha Saldanha a few days later.

Christian and Greig faced the brunt of international condemnation for the prank and issued tearful apologies.

In June, Christian was crowned "Top Jock" during Southern Cross Austereo's "best in the land" competition - despite continuing outrage over the incident.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/latest/17941004/mel-greig-suing-southern-cross-austereo/
Yahoo! 7July 10, 2013, 10:53 am

Under the Fair Work Act, the matter will now proceed to a confidential conciliation where both parties can discuss grievances in the presence of a mediator. If the conciliation is unsuccessful, the individual parties will then decide what steps they wish to take as the meeting does not make arbitrated decisions.

An inquest into Saldanha’s death is scheduled for September.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/10/prank-call-dj-mel-greig?CMP=twt_gu

Austereo won't comment about charges potentially being laid against two radio presenters who made a prank call to the hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for a pregnancy-related illness.

Australian police are evaluating whether charges should be brought against 2Day FM DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian over the call to London's King Edward VII Hospital.

Local authorities received a file on the hoax call from the UK's Metropolitan Police on Thursday.

11 Jul 2013
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1787772/Austereo-silent-on-royal-prank-call

THE FORGOTTEN NURSE
July 24, 2013

AS well wishers worldwide rejoice over the safe delivery of the Prince of Cambridge, a tragic casualty linked to the birth continues to fade from the public eye.

The inquest into her death is expected to take place this September, which may spark renewed interest in the circumstances surrounding her death. She was reportedly on anti-depressants and had a history of suicide attempts.

When The Telegraph contacted Jacintha’s family for a comment on the much-hyped birth, her sister-in-law Veena Saldanha was brief: “It’s their family. Like every mother would welcome a newborn, I can only say it is happy news. I have nothing to say.”

Though there are over 20 Facebook Pages in Jacintha's memory, they have largely fallen silent despite initial outrage over her passing.

The most active, ‘Jacintha Saldanha R.I.P’, was last updated with a June 17 post saying “Monday morning. Spare a minute … think of Jacintha”.

It is a timely reminder that even as the world awaits the name of one bouncing baby boy, hers is one that should not be forgotten.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/World/2013/07/24/The-forgotten-nurse.aspx

Hoax call nurse 'left suicide note criticising senior hospital staff over her treatment in days leading up to her death'

Devastated Jacintha Saldanha left three suicide notes following prank call
She used one note to 'criticise hospital over her treatment', sources say

Mother-of-two also described her struggle to come to terms with the hoax

Student nurses in India held a candlelit vigil to pray for 'excellent nurse', 46

Grieving husband Ben, 49, calls for an inquiry into exactly what happened

Hospital holds memorial service for her and insists it's supporting family
By KEITH GLADDIS, EMILY ANDREWS and ANTHONY BOND
PUBLISHED: 01:56 GMT, 14 December 2012 | UPDATED: 13:42 GMT, 14 December 2012

The way I see it is that the prank call was only the final straw or TRIGGER to set off Jacintha's already suicidal mentality ie when things get tough in life, you punish everyone else by killing yourself instead of getting help or making changes.

From what I have read, the DJ's are off the hook as far as any criminal responsibility is concerned. IMO they have simply been the SCAPEGOATS for the hospital, family, media and the public to BLAME.

If you are interested in causation, you need to ask what led up to or was the trigger for her hating herself so much that her only solution was to kill herself?

Was it the marriage, the family, the job or her own actions which she felt shame about?

Was it because her husband, her employer or psychiatrist (if she had one) failed to notice, denied, failed to disclose, failed to support her emotionally, failed to help her to make changes and/or failed to act on any signs of her depressed mental state for over a year before?

When Jacintha was in India the previous December/January, Jacintha tried to commit suicide twice. What was the trigger then? Was this ever resolved? Did she or her husband disclose this to her employer if it was job-related and try to resolve it? It appears to me that Jacintha should have been put on SUICIDE WATCH since then and referred to a psychiatrist near her workplace in London for regular visits - not just put under the carpet as if nothing happened. If she was lonely in London, why didn't she move back to live with her family and get a job locally? If she was a victim of workplace bullying at the hospital, Jacintha should have been given a psychologically safe workplace. There is some evidence of the possibility of workplace bullying at the hospital where Jacintha reported her junior to management. What action did they take? Just put her on the night shift to answer the phones without any training when she was a qualified and experienced nurse? Why did Jacintha suffer from shame and guilt over that prank call when she was not the one who gave out the information? The nurse who did, has not committed suicide so why did Jacintha? Did JS then become the scapegoat at the hospital and they then at least threatened to sack her even though they have denied it?

IMO it is about time that the hospital and her husband took responsibility for their part in this. IMO there is a lot more depth to this story and blaming the DJ scapegoats for her suicide is a very superficial argument which cannot be substantiated. The DJs have been exonerated so continuing to blame them now is like flogging a dead horse and will not lead us to any open and honest answers at the inquest.

It is about time the hospital and her husband disclosed the history of at least the two years preceding JS suicide. That is where IMO the answers are. The hospital has been more interested in protecting their royal reputation and the husband has been in shock and has been grieving. Had he been trying to cover up her two suicide attempts in India until the media in India exposed them? Had jacintha disclosed to him the mitigating factors which led to these attempts? What support had jacintha been given afterwards or did they just carry on as if nothing had happened?

Often suicide happens without any warning, but Jacintha's husband was given not just one but two warnings! About 75% of suicide victims display warnings. IMO it is then the responsibility of loved ones to keep a watchful eye on the victim because without professional help and removal from the mitigating factors, the victim will attempt it again and finally achieve what they want.

There is a lot more history in this case that has not been disclosed yet which hopefully will help everyone to understand Jacintha's state of mind so please stop scapegoating the DJs!

Jumping off your post. I was a nurse for many years and endured work place bullying. It 'broke' me. I stopped working as a nurse. I reported it to everyone but the governor. Nothing was ever done. Its very difficult to function in life when work is so stressful. It sounds as if this woman had more than she could take. It happens. Nurses often work in other countries for higher pay and benefits.

So Mel files a lawsuit and her co-host gets a promotion, I wonder which came first, the chicken or the egg. Everyone looks bad now don't they? Let's throw this all back into perspective. The two radio shock jocks made a silly prank call that didn't even sound slightly plausible. That was about the last 'sane' thing that happened in this mess, which says a lot.

So Mel files a lawsuit and her co-host gets a promotion, I wonder which came first, the chicken or the egg. Everyone looks bad now don't they? Let's throw this all back into perspective. The two radio shock jocks made a silly prank call that didn't even sound slightly plausible. That was about the last 'sane' thing that happened in this mess, which says a lot.

If the nurse had English as a second language the Aussie accent would be undetectable. It is the long vowels which are distinguishable. The call was passed to the nurse from the main reception.

Chicken was the person who put the call through to the Princess of the UK. Egg was the numbskull that thought they were better than the confidentiality of the medical profession.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back