UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
2m

Child O crashed several more times that afternoon. On his last and fatal collapse at 16:15, Dr Brearey says that there was 'years of experience in that resuscitation' and that it was going as he would have wanted

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
2m

'But we just weren't getting a response back in terms of what we would normally expect', he said. Resus continued for well over 30mins but no pulse was recorded for Child O

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
49s

The medic tells the court that by late afternoon the earlier rash noticed had 'vanished', which he found 'perplexing' - he said that ruled out it being a purpuric rash, as they're around for a 'good few days'

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
19s

He said after 30mins the 'team agreed that to continue resus was going to be futile', this was discussed with parents it was stopped. Child O was then passed to his mum

The timeline is so surrel:
June 23rd - Baby O (triplet) Murder Allegation
June 24th - Baby P (triplet) Murder Allegation
June 25th - Baby Q Attempted Murder Allegation

All in the span of 3 days. I don't think any other charges are consecutive except for:
Baby A and B (twins) 8th - 11th June 2015
Baby E and F (twins) 4th - 5th August 2015

Maybe not a pattern but it is strange how the twins and triplets all seem to be on consecutive days.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
33s

Dr Brearey tells the court that after the death of Child O's brother, Child P, the following day he attended a debrief with other medical staff. He said Ms Letby was present in that debrief.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
46s

He said he asked how she was feeling and 'can remember suggesting to her to take the weekend off to recover' 'She didn’t seem overly upset to me in the debrief and told me at the time she was on shift next day which was a Saturday'

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
6m

He said he was concerned about this because he, along with other consultants, had 'already expressed our concerns' about deaths on unit and a potential link to Ms Letby

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
3m

He said on the evening of June 24 he called the duty exec senior nurse in the urgent care division. She was 'familiar with concerns'. The doctor told her he 'didn’t want nurse Letby to come back to work the following day or till all this was investigated properly;

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
3m

He was told 'no' and that 'there was no evidence', the exec was 'happy to take responsibility' for Ms Letby continuing

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
33s

Dr Brearey tells the court that after the death of Child O's brother, Child P, the following day he attended a debrief with other medical staff. He said Ms Letby was present in that debrief.
Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
46s

He said he asked how she was feeling and 'can remember suggesting to her to take the weekend off to recover' 'She didn’t seem overly upset to me in the debrief and told me at the time she was on shift next day which was a Saturday'

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
6m

He said he was concerned about this because he, along with other consultants, had 'already expressed our concerns' about deaths on unit and a potential link to Ms Letby

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
3m

He said on the evening of June 24 he called the duty exec senior nurse in the urgent care division. She was 'familiar with concerns'. The doctor told her he 'didn’t want nurse Letby to come back to work the following day or till all this was investigated properly;

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
3m

He was told 'no' and that 'there was no evidence', the exec was 'happy to take responsibility' for Ms Letby continuing
Can't wait to hear from the executive who was "happy to take responsibility". If LL is guilty thank God Baby Q survived the alleged attack the following day!

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
6m

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
3m

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
3m

Maybe this will show people who blame the doctors for not taking action exactly what they were up against.

The timeline is so surrel:
June 23rd - Baby O (triplet) Murder Allegation
June 24th - Baby P (triplet) Murder Allegation
June 25th - Baby Q Attempted Murder Allegation

All in the span of 3 days. I don't think any other charges are consecutive except for:
Baby A and B (twins) 8th - 11th June 2015
Baby E and F (twins) 4th - 5th August 2015

Maybe not a pattern but it is strange how the twins and triplets all seem to be on consecutive days.
Hang on...twins L&M were the same day (9th April) - Attempted Murder!

So of the multiple births charges we have:

Twins A&B: 8 & 9/10 June
Twins E&F: 4 & 5 Aug
Twins L&M: 9 April
Triplets O&P: 23 & 24 June

Following Child P’s death she said, Letby was “extremely upset and emotional”.
The boys’ mother added: “She was in pieces, almost as upset as we were.”

Parents of triplets ‘begged for baby to be moved to new hospital after brothers died’

https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue

They didn't even need to accuse her of anything either. They could have followed Dr Brearey's lead and told her she needed a break after witnessing two deaths in two days. Paid leave etc.

Absolutely. This would be totally reasonable even in normal circumstances. I considered myself pretty resilient when I worked on neonates, but this would have knocked me for six. :(

Absolutely. This would be totally reasonable even in normal circumstances. I considered myself pretty resilient when I worked on neonates, but this would have knocked me for six. :(

Was it the 29th she was finally moved to clerical duties? So the executive still didn't take any immediate action even when Baby Q collapsed the next day. I'm assuming that's when the group of doctors demanded something be done.

I'm
Was it the 29th she was finally moved to clerical duties? So the executive still didn't take any immediate action even when Baby Q collapsed the next day. I'm assuming that's when the group of doctors demanded something be done.

I'm not sure of the date, but I don't think she looked after any patients after Baby Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd