UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One doesn’t need to be a songwriter to write creatively. Isn’t that the purpose of creative writing “to push the boundaries“.?

imagine if someone found the lyrics to “let the bodies hit the floor” in your desk drawer. You’d be in a padded room before you finished the first passage.

it’s an interesting point as well, as people here have noticed the lyrics to the Craig David song in those notes. Is that it do you think? Just creative writing and that’s it? Seems kinda likely to me at this point.
No it doesn't seem "likely" at all. IMO. You've admitted to feeling "scared" and "freaked out" by some of the content of the notes too, which seems at odds with this theory of it all just being creative writing.

No it doesn't seem "likely" at all. IMO. You've admitted to feeling "scared" and "freaked out" by some of the content of the notes too, which seems at odds with this theory of it all just being creative writing.
I also said “on brief consideration” before we had any leads on the content itself. What I found frightening was the seeming incoherency of it. At first glance, now we know a bit more its possible to make sense of. The sense is that it’s possible that it wasn’t to be made sense of in the first place. Meaningless jibber jabber done purely for some benefit perceived by the writer.

I have a feeling that some people project their own insecurities onto the defendant and imagine this person as "poor and misunderstood".
Or as "a scapegoat of some sinister conspirational forces".
And they identify with the defendant.
Really!

Her notes mean nothing without the context of the trial.

Nothing.

I can write whatever:
"I shot the Sheriff" on a post on note.

Will I get arrested and charged?

No, as I am innocent.
Police would have to prove that Im guilty.

PS
"But I didn't shoot the Deputy" ;)

PS2
I "borrowed" the example of Sheriff from another forum.
I loved it haha
And I love Eric Clapton :D

JMO

Last edited:
So you think " I killed them on purpose" was just a bit of creative writing?

No not at all. I Think every sentence was written completely seriously including the ones that contradict the other ones.

And yet you've just said pretty much the opposite when you said " Is that it do you think? Just creative writing and that’s it? Seems kinda likely to me at this point"

I also said “on brief consideration” before we had any leads on the content itself. What I found frightening was the seeming incoherency of it. At first glance, now we know a bit more its possible to make sense of. The sense is that it’s possible that it wasn’t to be made sense of in the first place. Meaningless jibber jabber done purely for some benefit perceived by the writer.
Incoherent yes, whether its all meaningless is another question. It'll be interesting to see how she responded when the police asked her what the content of the notes meant.

I'm wondering if LL is Tigger. I can imagine that being an affectionate name given to her, perhaps by Dr A, as she tended to bound about from room to room, sometimes inappropriately, it seems.
She seemed to be wanting to potray herself to Doc Choc as calm and composed though, so Tigger and bouncing around doesn't seem to fit with that. Tigger and Smudge do seem more like good names to name a cat duo.

She seemed to be wanting to potray herself to Doc Choc as calm and composed though, so Tigger and bouncing around doesn't seem to fit with that. Tigger and Smudge do seem more like good names to name a cat duo.
I was also thinking about her being over-enthusiastic about making the memory box for one of the babies, which one doctor found inappropriate. A picture starts to emerge of someone who may be a bit clumsy at times.

I stopped following this thread for a while now. How is the case progressing please? We were initially told it could last approx six months, what is the timing looking like now?

I have a feeling that some people project their own insecurities onto the defendant and imagine this person as "poor and misunderstood".
Or as "a scapegoat of some sinister conspirational forces".
And they identify with the defendant.
Really!

Her notes mean nothing without the context of the trial.

Nothing.

I can write whatever:
"I shot the Sheriff" on a post on note.

Will I get arrested and charged?

No, as I am innocent.
Police would have to prove that Im guilty.

PS
"But I didn't shoot the Deputy" ;)

PS2
I "borrowed" the example of Sheriff from another forum.
I loved it haha
And I love Eric Clapton :D

JMO
I imagine everyone projects something onto it in this context. None of us are forensic psychologists, presumably.

Tbh the way I see it is write absolutely anything Down if it helps. If you take a positive from it that’s all that matters, do be careful that others don’t see it though. They will call you names etc. Doesn’t take much stress to make someone go a bit loopy, generally work is stressful enough without accusations of a. Baseless nature.

take for instance many popular songs. The lyrics at surface level doesn’t get any negative attention but once you really pay attention it seems absolutely crazy. Example being James blunts “your beautiful“ bet nobody knows it’s a song about someone stalking a past love.

imagine if a workmate discovered Those lyrics in your desk draw, they would rightfully be. Concerned but without context you have no idea.

you do live in a world in which all you have to do To get ostracised and outcast is be a bit different from the social norm. That is all it. Takes.
It was years ago. I was very careful (I didn't write long pages like LL did), and I got through it. Ultimately the 'bad boss' and her boss - whom had automatically believed everything she told him - made a mistake which was absolutely and unequivocally in breach of employment rights. All I needed to do was send a copy of their email to HR and within a week I had a new boss and the boss above was now treating me with normal respect again. He's been great for the years that have passed ever since.

I was also thinking about her being over-enthusiastic about making the memory box for one of the babies, which one doctor found inappropriate. A picture starts to emerge of someone who may be a bit clumsy at times.
TBF the doctor did describe her as animated and excited re the memory box, but others have described her as being reserved, quietly spoken and not interacting with parents much.

I stopped following this thread for a while now. How is the case progressing please? We were initially told it could last approx six months, what is the timing looking like now?

You haven't missed much, lol!!!

I think they're still aiming for the trial to conclude in May some time.They're just going through summaries of the police interviews ,then it's time to hear the defence in full.

My own take on them is that she wrote bits and pieces down at separate times. Some bits of them are even, I'd say, when suicide might have been vaguely contemplated. But instead of binning the paper each time she kept re-using the same sheets, and scribbling new random things anywhere she could find a space. This is weird, but we've all got our own oddities.
The song lyrics, I'd imagine, are just because it's a song she keeps hearing, or singing in her head, and finds 'meaningful' to her at the time.

You haven't missed much, lol!!!

I think they're still aiming for the trial to conclude in May some time.They're just going through summaries of the police interviews ,then it's time to hear the defence in full.

Thanks for this info. I shall be interested to pick it back up now and see the arguments and outcome.

Besides, the author of a song didn't leave dead bodies in his wake.
Or did he??? o_O
Good point!! Not that I’m aware of- some of the generations who use songs as status updates are like vampires, they never leave their rooms 90% of the time. Only thing they would kill is the wallpaper whilst it peels off the wall. “Help it!!”

My own take on them is that she wrote bits and pieces down at separate times. Some bits of them are even, I'd say, when suicide might have been vaguely contemplated. But instead of binning the paper each time she kept re-using the same sheets, and scribbling new random things anywhere she could find a space. This is weird, but we've all got our own oddities.
The song lyrics, I'd imagine, are just because it's a song she keeps hearing, or singing in her head, and finds 'meaningful' to her at the time.
I think you are correct. It’s a jotting note and Nothing more. Maybe she just writes down any random stuff that pops into her head as a way of remaining focused on the conversation or task at hand. We see the same write anywhere in her confession note as well. What you say about the lyrics makes sense as well. Allot of people hear song lyrics in times of stress.

one thing I think means something is that the <modsnip: sub judice> note was found in her diary. I can’t figure out what that means though.

Last edited by a moderator:
imagine if someone found the lyrics to “let the bodies hit the floor” in your desk drawer. You’d be in a padded room before you finished the first passage.

it’s an interesting point as well, as people here have noticed the lyrics to the Craig David song in those notes. Is that it do you think? Just creative writing and that’s it? Seems kinda likely to me at this point.
Maybe. I see it occasionally amongst younger generations, it’s not unusual tbh. Although I’ve also seen those same age groups use song lyrics to express how low they are and have also noted it where poor mental health is apparent. Tbf it could be used either way (good or bad frame of mind) but it seems to be a thing in some ages groups. I’ve only ever seen it in the 18-mid 20 age group though which is interesting. Never seen those upwards of 30 something have a similar approach. Interesting
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members