UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the notes appear to be her own words, though there is one which includes a line from a Craig David song, although it's the fact that it's a written over and over again that's more worrying. IMO
I agree. Whilst I’ve seen this age group use sing lyrics, the repetition like this IS unusual. I’ve not seen that before and it looks worrying for tbh

No it doesn't seem "likely" at all. IMO. You've admitted to feeling "scared" and "freaked out" by some of the content of the notes too, which seems at odds with this theory of it all just being creative writing.
I have to agree with this. It’s not creative writing where it has repetition on it like this. How many creative writers or song writers write or sing the same piece on repetition like that?

I think you are correct. It’s a jotting note and Nothing more. Maybe she just writes down any random stuff that pops into her head as a way of remaining focused on the conversation or task at hand. We see the same write anywhere in her confession note as well. What you say about the lyrics makes sense as well. Allot of people hear song lyrics in times of stress.

one thing I think means something is that the <modsnip> note was found in her diary. I can’t figure out what that means though.
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped> if you mean the 'I did it on purpose' or 'I killed them on purpose' stuff, then I could suggest a number of things, and the biggest one is sarcasm. When you're isolated and under fire, you imagine conversations you could have. You imagine some of the retorts you'd like to make. You might, for instance imagine saying sarcastically 'yeah, I did it. Of course I did. It's obvious I'm a murderer'.

To be honest I'm a bit fed up that these notes have been published when, apart from being items seized in the search, their relevance hasn't yet been discussed in the prosecution case. That's why everyone is tying themselves in knots trying to determine what they are. Unless we hear more about them I expect that in the judge's instructions he'll say that 'you, the jury might think they point to guilt, or you might feel that they are, as the defence says, just a demonstration of the anguish the defendant was suffering as a result of the investigation process and her grievance matters' and I would expect him to warn the jury that the notes cannot on their own form the basis of their decision, and can only be secondary to the evidence they've heard from the lay and expert witnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually expressive writing.

Have to say, I don't really find the notes odd or at all strange in the context of the situation she finds herself in. What I'm mainly 'hearing' is distress, disbelief, helplessness, confusion, despair, all the things that such a situation would likely trigger in a person under great pressure.

Last edited:
Have to say, I don't really find the notes odd or at all strange in the context of the situation she finds herself in. What I'm mainly 'hearing' is distress, disbelief, helplessness, despair, all the things that such a situation would likely trigger in a person under great pressure and duress.

I totally agree. Whether guilty or innocent. From what we've seen it's impossible to glean much from the notes, IMO.

I think some of the notes show obsessive thoughts. Same as collecting all those handover sheets, seems like an obsession. Not letting go of them when she moved home, which would be before she was moved off the ward. It shows she has obsessive traits IMO

Thanks, I think I know where you mean now, although I'm not seeing the I.
The I is twelve rows down, left hand side, just after the word Rees. If you look at where the 's' is on Rees it's right after that the I is there - but it's written diagonally.

I totally agree. Whether guilty or innocent. From what we've seen it's impossible to glean much from the notes, IMO.

To be honest I'm a bit fed up that these notes have been published when, apart from being items seized in the search, their relevance hasn't yet been discussed in the prosecution case.

Agreed. I just don't see their relevance. Apart from which, there's nothing in them that moves the prosecution's case forward in any 'positive' sense.

If anything, the very clear distress and incoherent 'screaming into the void' nature of them points, imo, to the opposite of the low-cunning, very calculating and controlled LL that seems to be at the root of the prosecution's claims.

JMO, on the fence to the end, could go either way, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Quite. Unhinged. I struggle to understand why she isn't in care.
Well, she kinda is - under the care of His Majesty, at present!

You're right, though, guilty or innocent she certainly needs some very serious care. When she was first charged and appeared at court it was mentioned by the prosecution that she should be denied bail and remanded due, in part, to what they referred to as ".....reasons to believe that the defendant is at significant risk of coming to harm..." or words to that effect. Now, it seemed to me and others on here, that that "harm" was likely to be harm to herself rather than by others. When that first so called "confession" note was produced in the opening speeches it was pretty much obvious that self harm was indeed what they were referring to, imo.

Jmo but we with snapshots can’t say that. All of her colleagues have not really mentioned any doubts about her appearance, work performance, behavior all of which indicate someone of sound mind. doc choc thought she was top notch so no doubt there. Honestly I don’t think she is lacking capacity so that isn’t the problem if there is one.
I agree, she definitely doesn't lack capacity or we wouldn't now be having a trial. I also agree with what you say about how other people saw her - they clearly didn't think she was mentally <modsnip> or in anyway dangerous or anything. This begs the question as to whether any MH or personality issues she may have are a result of the stresses introduced by the whole investigation, grievance and being taken off front line nursing duties or were there before hand?

Everything about this is just so messed up and strange, fi you ask me. It's on a different scale to anything I've ever heard of before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members