VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just thinking this and commented below. They'll never add CCTV because of the liability implications. They are underfunded and understaffed so the trust's would go broke pretty quickly imo
There are cameras in some places, though. There has been footage shown of handicapped people being abused by staff in several institutions.

There are cameras in some places, though. There has been footage shown of handicapped people being abused by staff in several institutions.

Mostly it's when members of the family put secret cameras or once the police commence an investigation an institution will cooperate with handing over any CCTV.

Low morale of workers is the result of "negative selection".
Hard work and low pay is simply not attractive.
Add absence of proper supervision and one has a disaster in waiting.

Besides, constant stress when dealing with suffering causes burnout and indifference.

JMO

Low morale of workers is the result of "negative selection".
Hard work and low pay is simply not attractive.
Add absence of proper supervision and one has a disaster in waiting.

Besides, constant stress when dealing with suffering causes burnout and indifference.

JMO
True, and yet nursing is sometimes a matter of life or death. Maybe nurses would be less indifferent if they knew they were being watched.

True, and yet nursing is sometimes a matter of life or death. Maybe nurses would be less indifferent if they knew they were being watched.
I wouldn't mind having a camera in classroom.
Maybe it would make some parents realize how their "saintly kids" behave outside home.

You know:
"He/she is such a good child at home".

JMO

There was an awful case in England in 2010, in which a tetraplegic man had a camera installed, because he was concerned about the care he had been receiving. Within days, the camera captured the moment the nurse switched off the ventilator (accidentally), leaving him brain-damaged. I remember they showed the footage on the news - very disturbing.

I wouldn't mind having a camera in classroom.
Maybe it would make some parents realize how their "saintly kids" behave outside home.

You know:
"He/she is such a good child at home".

JMO
I would not have wanted a camera back in the days when I was a librarian in an art college, allowing the students to have extra books, etc. :)

There was an awful case in England in 2010, in which a tetraplegic man had a camera installed, because he was concerned about the care he had been receiving. Within days, the camera captured the moment the nurse switched off the ventilator (accidentally), leaving him brain-damaged. I remember they showed the footage on the news - very disturbing.

That is why a poet in my country
Jan Kochanowski (XVIth century)

wrote:

TO HEALTH

Health, You are grand -
though none understand
how splendid you taste
until you are waste:

Then people do grit
their teeth and admit
(when well-being stops)
that Health is the tops!