VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if something has maybe happened in regards to one of them jeopardising the case? Perhaps one of them admitted to searching things online or seeing something online that wasn’t presented at the trial. And maybe they have to work through how to continue now that everyone has heard these things.

Not sure as I don’t know much about how that would work.
I think that's extremely unlikely. Firstly that they would do it after the care that would have been taken in this case by the judge to impress upon them the risk and importance of not doing so, and secondly that they would adjourn until Monday. There are set procedures for dealing with such things, which don't involve set delays to reconvening.

I think it's most likely that either one or several jurors have/had a bug that has spread, or something happened in a juror's personal life which required time to deal with.

Fair enough, I wasn’t sure. I didn’t mean one of them purposefully looking up anything but even a slip of something coming out in conversation that they heard way back. You can’t really control what people around you say.

Hopefully it isn’t big of a deal and we get back on track soon.

As long as it takes, to do it thoroughly, do it right. Delays happen. Life happens.

I can wait for their verdict.

MOO

Exactly, delays happen. Life doesn't stand still just because a person happens to be doing jury service. There are so many reasonable explanations here to account for absence - a family bereavement, crisis, a sudden illness requiring hospital care, etc etc. We have no idea if more than one jury member is off either, one could have been able to return on Wed but the other not.

The thing is they hammer home the need for transparency in our courts but yet here we are again. If it was jury illness then surely they would of said that as they have before.
To me now with the reporting restrictions there has to be an “issue” with the jury that is not illness. I can’t see anything else.
JMO
Yeah, I get the feeling that something is most definitely "off" here. This is all very, very weird.

Fair enough, I wasn’t sure. I didn’t mean one of them purposefully looking up anything but even a slip of something coming out in conversation that they heard way back. You can’t really control what people around you say.

Hopefully it isn’t big of a deal and we get back on track soon.
Welcome, by the way.

I'm hoping the podcast ladies spill the beans. They usually do, although that might mean waiting till Monday, or a Tweet.

Has it ever happened? :oops:

I guess most of the Jury are retired frail folks with health issues.

Because,
would full time workers even agree to sit in such a long trial?
It was supposed to last for 6 months.

JMO
I'm probably showing my age here but as the upper age limit for jurors is 75, I can't see them as being necessarily frail even if they are retired!

EDITED as I had forgotten it's been raised from 70 to 75...but I still baulk at the word 'frail'!

I'm probably showing my age here but as the upper age limit for jurors is 70, I can't see them as being necessarily frail even if they are retired!
Tell you what!
This age usually means either ill or UNDIAGNOSED ;)

Tell you what!
This age usually means either ill or UNDIAGNOSED ;)
Not really. I'd agree many of this age group have conditions like high blood pressure but they are usually controlled by medication so not an issue here. I wonder if there are any more unexpected problems than with younger people who have more family issues. You can't really generalise.

Not really. I'd agree many of this age group have conditions like high blood pressure but they are usually controlled by medication so not an issue here. I wonder if there are any more unexpected problems than with younger people who have more family issues. You can't really generalise.
That is why I wrote "Usually".

There are ALWAYS lucky exceptions to the rule :D

To Health!!!

PS
I didn't mean to start III WW ;)

JMO

Grrr. Remember the suggestions it was "expected to be a six month trial"? Those were the days.

Anyway, my thought is, with two jurors not being available on the Monday, that some sort of virus is doing the rounds.

Hopefully, they're all fit and fighting by Monday, and we resume.

I'm thinking of setting a trial quiz, to help while away the time.

Just a bit of a lighthearted multiple choice answer type thing. Nothing insensitive of course.

Anyone interested? Have I gone mad?

Oh, and here or in the Jury Room forum?

I'm thinking of setting a trial quiz, to help while away the time.

Just a bit of a lighthearted multiple choice answer type thing. Nothing insensitive of course.

Anyone interested? Have I gone mad?

Oh, and here or in the Jury Room forum?
Question 1: what is the meaning of “on purpose”

Lol, jokes aside, this sounds like fun.

It’s a great idea !
It’s either that or all time favourite ABBA song until Monday.
Eagle ( long version ) BTW, very underrated !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper