VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather these parents hadn't had to carry this at all, frankly.
Patton Oswalt said about the saying 'everything happens for a reason', Michelle McNamara hated it and said: "No it doesn't. It's random, it's chaos, be kind." I keep that close to my heart, and I try to consult it with every comment I choose to type. I think of all the places, here in true crime, we should be aware of the fact that horrific things happen to people who never deserved it, and for the most trivial of reasons, and that the most horrible people sometimes get away with it and die in their beds surrounded by grandchildren.

Every single parent in this case should have been able to take a happy, healthy baby home, and the fact that they didn't is nothing but cruel. And that's regardless of whether LL is found guilty or not guilty. That they didn't get to take those children home isn't a lesson. It's a twist of fate that is meaningless because they aren't characters in a story, they're humans living their lives. Whether they choose to assign some meaning to their suffering is up to them, but we can't do it for them. All we can do is acknowledge what they have lost.

MOO

Length of Deliberations Predictions

Jul
Mon 10th - day 1 (afternoon only) - 2pm to 4pm minus 5mins = 1h 55m
Tue 11th - day 2 - 4h 20m
Wed 12th - day 3 - 4h 20m
Thu 13th - day 4 - 4h 20m
Fri 14th - day 5 - 4h 20m
Mon 24th - day 6 - 4h 20m
Tue 25th - day 7 - 4h 20m
Wed 26th - day 8 - 4h 15m
Thu 27th - day 9 - 4h 20m
Fri 28th - day 10 - 3h 50m (12pm - 4pm minus 2x 5 min breaks)
Aug
Tue 1st - day 11 - 4h 10m
Wed 2nd - day 12 - 4h 20m

Running total = 48h 50m

Still in the game -

45h 10m - @esther43 (backed by @marynnu )
58h - @Jw192 (backed by @Sarahlou )
70h - @bobbymkii (backed by @Dotta )
75h - @CS2C (backed by @Kittybunny )
80h - @V347 (backed by @crystalline )

I'd rather these parents hadn't had to carry this at all, frankly.
Me too, that is not what my post intended to imply, I would much rather they took home their babies alive and well. And I would never ever wish the pain and suffering they are going through on anyone. The unknown outcomes while they wait for the verdicts must be excruciating.
My first grandson passed away shortly after birth, and a postmortem was done. There were no suspicious circumstances but the pain was agonising for the whole family. The babies in this case are entirely different. They include an entirely different level of pain and despair.
Frankly, I wish babies didn’t die

Me too, that is not what my post intended to imply, I would much rather they took home their babies alive and well. And I would never ever wish the pain and suffering they are going through on anyone. The unknown outcomes while they wait for the verdicts must be excruciating.
My first grandson passed away shortly after birth, and a postmortem was done. There were no suspicious circumstances but the pain was agonising for the whole family. The babies in this case are entirely different. They include an entirely different level of pain and despair.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Frankly, I wish babies didn’t die
I don't think this case could be summed up in so few words any better. I wish babies didn't die, either. I wish we didn't have to have a trial. I wish the parents didn't have to sit with the immediacy of their pain for the better part of a year, not knowing if the verdict will give them any peace. I wish the jurors didn't have to go through the trauma of not only hearing it all, but having to make unbelievably difficult decisions that will affect them and everyone else involved for the rest of their lives.

But mostly, I wish babies didn't die.

MOO

I thought it was moderately interesting given the issues with jury absenteeism this trial has had.
I think it's interesting, but it's also unfair to suspect the jurors in this case of doing that without any information.

9 months is a long time and all kinds of things can happen in people's lives in that time. Lets also not forget, that unless they have supportive employers, they are likely to be out of pocket for providing this service (unless only people with required finances were picked in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1