VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this is why it seems to have been such a long deliberation. The shorter days plus the whole week off have made it seem like they’ve been deliberating for a long time. However, if they were deliberating for 8 hours each day for example 9 til 5 like many trials do, it would have only been around 5-6 days so far which in a trial this complex with 22 charges to consider isn’t long atall.

IMO the 4.5 hour court days are the reason this seems to be taking so long, imagine each morning they have a little recap of what they discussed the day before, after weekends having to refresh themselves on where they were Friday etc that could take half an hour before even getting down to the actual deliberations!

MOO
I'm new to this thread, I was wondering where this trial was up to. Why does it have 4.5 hour court days rather than longer ones, as you say many trials do?

I still think these short deliberation hours are a mistake. What can a group get done in such a short time span? True in depth negotiations take time. And starting fresh each day, taking lunch break, and then barely getting started again before leaving , never gives the group a long intense discussion opportunity. JMO

I still think these short deliberation hours are a mistake. What can a group get done in such a short time span? True in depth negotiations take time. And starting fresh each day, taking lunch break, and then barely getting started again before leaving , never gives the group a long intense discussion opportunity. JMO
Totally agree. By the time you get into the nitty gritty in the morning, it’s time to break for lunch. And then a couple of hours in the afternoon. Add in the two smoke breaks, and you’re barely getting an hours worth of discussion at a time.

It’s 5.5 hrs per day. That’s actually a LOT of time to discuss without losing concentration and focus. What’s the mileage is any longer ? The court sits those hours end of.
I have known cases where the jury have still been there at 5.30/ 6pm at night and they have been sent to a hotel, that may happen yet

When you look at it, the actual time of deliberations is not long, 22 cases to be considered, where is it now 50 hrs? ÷ by the 22 gives less than 3 hrs average for each one, some maybe more difficult than the others because of the complexities, not forgetting the prosecution had to prove to the jury that Letby is guilty BARD on all charges.

Does anyone know what time the jury are rocking up today?
From yesterday's report:

The jury resumed deliberations yesterday and at 10.30am today, and concluded them for the day at 4pm.

Trial judge Mr Justice James Goss reminded jurors not to discuss the case with anyone until they resume deliberations on Thursday at 10.30am.

So far, the jury has been deliberating for over 60 hours.

The Standard will continue to provide news on any developments from court.

For a complete index of our coverage on the trial, visit Countess nurse Lucy Letby: What has happened in trial so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper