VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m beginning to think the jury can’t agree on unanimous verdicts on all 22 counts, and we won’t see unanimous verdicts for all charges.

I wonder if/when the judge will accept a majority verdicts for charges.

We could still be in for a long wait yet tbh.
Totally agree. I assume it's the AMs that are causing any split (imo)

4.5 hours is no time at all each day to really get down to business and deliberate. By the time they’ve sat down and recapped on where they left off someone will want a smoke break, then they’ll finally start going over evidence and it’ll be lunch time. Get talking again and it’s time for the second smoke break and before they know it it’s time to go!

I have never known such short deliberation times before, but I remember @Tortoise saying a while back that the jury would probably only deliberate for the same hours as the court days were during the trial. I suppose it’s due to the judge having to be available at all times during deliberations.

Is it around 50 hours we’re at now? I’ve lost count. But IMO it doesn’t seem too long really when you consider how many charges there are. It wouldn’t seem unlikely for it to take 22 days, one day per charge. That’s if there were one or more hold outs who are insisting on going back over all the evidence IMO.

All MOO

Dbm

Last edited:
Oh wowww.

so anyone savvy nuff to giv Reasons why someone might be discharged?

Illness or family commitments most likely imo.

Good that the judge has publicly expressed appreciation for their time and commitment so as to avoid unnecessary speculation as to the reason why they've been discharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper