GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped; more reports from colleagues seeping in, this from the guardian:

“It was no secret that Letby was present when the infants suddenly collapsed, yet her crimes were so subtle they were imperceptible. Trainees started referring to her as “the angel of death”, the Guardian has been told, although it was “tongue in cheek” rather than because they suspected her of foul play.”

That way I look at it is this: we find it incredibly difficult to believe that someone could be so monstrously sadistic, so callous, so cruel, so indifferent to the tiny little vulnerable lives that she used and abused to get her kicks. We're uninvolved bystanders. And if we find it so hard to take in, imagine how it must feel for her own parents, that their daughter, clearly the apple of their eyes, is actually this monstrous person?

They'll need time to process this and the fact is, they may never process it, or certainly never fully process it. Denial may be the only thing keeping them going.

I don't think they should be judged for that.
This is a fair and valid point and whilst I’m not quite sure if I 100% agree, BUT I completely respect your view on this. It will be life changing for everyone involved. There is bound to be devastating heartbreak amongst all parents and families involved in this- regardless of which side of the fence they sit.

EBM

Just watched aghast during BBC News at One where it reveals, at one point, the consultants had to sign a "letter of apology" to Letby. This was before police were called, but the consultants were raising concerns.

Heads are going to roll...
As they should!

In nearly every case I’ve read about with a nurse killing people, the initial response of hospital management is the same. Ignore it and hope it goes away. IMO they’re more concerned about lawsuits by victims’ loved ones than they are about the fact that patients are being murdered. It’s appalling.

Snipped; more reports from colleagues seeping in, this from the guardian:

“It was no secret that Letby was present when the infants suddenly collapsed, yet her crimes were so subtle they were imperceptible. Trainees started referring to her as “the angel of death”, the Guardian has been told, although it was “tongue in cheek” rather than because they suspected her of foul play.”

Shades of 'Green River Gary'.

MOO

Today is all about the parents and the verdict, but just from a few of the things that have come out. The hospital management has been horrifically negligent. I suspect the vast majority of those involved are long gone though and the burden will fall on people who had no input into decisions made at that time
BBC News is going deep into that as we speak on TV News

Absolutely thrilled, giddy, reassured by our criminal justice system with this result.

We will
No doubt receive more information and reports that can now be published without influencing a jury or trial.

She'll be a High Profile prisoner & likely will have 2 guards to move her around the prison at all times with it locked down until she's back in her cell.

Custodial Staff will be unable to use her name & will probably choose an alias so other prisoners are not alerted (or to attack her).

This whole case has been a nightmare.

Prayers to the poor babies & grieving parents & families.

Statement released by Dr Ravi earlier today on his fb page:

Many of you are aware that due to the Lucy Letby trial, I have mostly been absent from social media over the last few months.

My heart goes out to the families of the babies affected by this although nothing can ever undo the evil that was inflicted on their children.

My colleagues and I have lived this for the last 8 years and the period of the trial has been the most difficult part of this. I am proud of all the frontline colleagues with whom I work, for managing to carry on providing excellent care to babies and children under such pressure.

There are bad people in all walks of life and many of them are very good at hiding in plain sight. There are also people in highly paid positions of responsibility in healthcare whose job it is to ensure patient safety. I am relieved that the often-maligned criminal justice system has worked properly this time. However, there are things that need to come out about why it took several months from concerns being raised to the top brass before any action was taken to protect babies, and why from that time it then took almost a year for those highly paid senior managers to allow the police to be involved.

The truth of what happened during that time will shock you to the core as it comes out. The safety of patients should come above any risk of reputational damage and sometimes the right decisions might be difficult and unpopular, but executive level managers are paid to do just that. There are people out there now, still earning six figure sums of tax-payers money or retired with their gold-plated pensions, who need to stand up in public to explain why they did not want to listen and do the right thing, to acknowledge that their actions potentially facilitated a mass-murderer and to apologise to the families involved in all of this. However, I suspect the response will be fudge and misinformation and it is now my mission moving forwards to make sure that they are held to account.

There is a long history of whistleblowers who raise concerns in the NHS not only being ignored but then being portrayed as the problem, sometimes to the point of their careers being destroyed. What happened here was history repeating itself but the patient safety issue that was ignored was beyond anything that the NHS has tried previously to cover up. There needs to be fundamental change in the culture and governance of NHS institutions and it should start right now.”

Experienced doctors and nurses have spent quite literally between them millions of hours in their specialties - human bodies don’t change, the same conditions, even unusual ones, circle in and out over decades. The absolute rarity they’d raise a concern over inexplicable deaths and a colleague harming them - that just never happens imo … she should have been taken off the floor immediately.

This story from this mum is just mindblowing. I think there will absolutely be more victims.

"Ms Artell says she and her husband were discussing how their premature son was making good progress on the unit when the couple noticed Letby eavesdropping on their conversation.

She says, out of the blue, Letby told them: "I don't like parents getting their hopes up because we never know what could happen at this stage."

BBM.
This alone says to me she liked total control. JMO MOO

Statement released by Dr Ravi earlier today on his fb page:

Many of you are aware that due to the Lucy Letby trial, I have mostly been absent from social media over the last few months.

My heart goes out to the families of the babies affected by this although nothing can ever undo the evil that was inflicted on their children.

My colleagues and I have lived this for the last 8 years and the period of the trial has been the most difficult part of this. I am proud of all the frontline colleagues with whom I work, for managing to carry on providing excellent care to babies and children under such pressure.

There are bad people in all walks of life and many of them are very good at hiding in plain sight. There are also people in highly paid positions of responsibility in healthcare whose job it is to ensure patient safety. I am relieved that the often-maligned criminal justice system has worked properly this time. However, there are things that need to come out about why it took several months from concerns being raised to the top brass before any action was taken to protect babies, and why from that time it then took almost a year for those highly paid senior managers to allow the police to be involved.

The truth of what happened during that time will shock you to the core as it comes out. The safety of patients should come above any risk of reputational damage and sometimes the right decisions might be difficult and unpopular, but executive level managers are paid to do just that. There are people out there now, still earning six figure sums of tax-payers money or retired with their gold-plated pensions, who need to stand up in public to explain why they did not want to listen and do the right thing, to acknowledge that their actions potentially facilitated a mass-murderer and to apologise to the families involved in all of this. However, I suspect the response will be fudge and misinformation and it is now my mission moving forwards to make sure that they are held to account.

There is a long history of whistleblowers who raise concerns in the NHS not only being ignored but then being portrayed as the problem, sometimes to the point of their careers being destroyed. What happened here was history repeating itself but the patient safety issue that was ignored was beyond anything that the NHS has tried previously to cover up. There needs to be fundamental change in the culture and governance of NHS institutions and it should start right now.”

Thanks for sharing this.

She'll be a High Profile prisoner & likely will have 2 guards to move her around the prison at all times with it locked down until she's back in her cell.

Custodial Staff will be unable to use her name & will probably choose an alias so other prisoners are not alerted (or to attack her).

This whole case has been a nightmare.

Prayers to the poor babies & grieving parents and families.
I can see her being attacked in prison, so she'll have to be guarded but I can still see the other prisoners getting to her.

MOO

Oh god, my heart. Seeing little Asa - a young boy now - just underscores what lots of the other families should have but don't.

I think we'll hear she made more fatalistic comments to parents, and picked those who she could devastate the most. I agree she was a sadist - and I think she liked getting revenge on anyone who didn't treat her like she felt she deserved to be treated, in addition to being opportunistic.
Good point. On TV the woman above said that she had 6 miscarriages prior to that point. So very vulnerable. JMO

So it seems. So sure were they of her innocence (at the start at least), her dad threatened the doctors with the GMC to have Letby reinstated in her post.. I wonder if his thoughts have changed listening throughout the trial or if they still match that of her mother. Her home alone with dozens of paperwork, I wonder what he made of that- or if he “knew” that “oh *advertiser censored*” moment and the shredder was something she had recently accommodated from him (the box in the wardrobe in the bedroom). The whole thing is deeply disturbing- and if her parents still believe she is innocent, they are very much deluded.
Woah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member