GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as justice is done, does it matter that much if the defendant is there?
Not necessarily. But for myself, if she had been convicted of attacking my baby, I'd want to be able to see her receive that verdict with my own eyes. I think it would be frustrating that she could cower in the shadows instead.

Hearing one of the mothers of LL’s victims on BBC ONE now when asked ‘do you ever look across at her and think “maybe it’s possible she didn’t do it?”’ Her answer a very resounding NO. I’ve wondered for months what the parents thought of LL’s guilt, seems like it was the same as many of us MOO

On BBC One now Lucy Letby: The Nurse Who Killed (lee cooper leisuresuits)
Verdicts announced today, BBC are straight on it with the documentaries, should we expect a Netflix series by the end of the year?
IMO

Hearing one of the mothers of LL’s victims on BBC ONE now when asked ‘do you ever look across at her and think “maybe it’s possible she didn’t do it?”’ Her answer a very resounding NO. I’ve wondered for months what the parents thought of LL’s guilt, seems like it was the same as many of us MOO

On BBC One now Lucy Letby: The Nurse Who Killed (lee cooper leisuresuits)
Verdicts announced today, BBC are straight on it with the documentaries, should we expect a Netflix series by the end of the year?
IMO
The reporters who put the documentary together have had a nearly year long trial to put it together. I will be shocked if there isn't a netflix series. I imagine they can drag this out to about 40 episodes at their usual pace.

I've seen people on here saying she enjoyed killing. I don't think that's necessarily the case. It could have been some kind of sick compulsion, with no enjoyment involved.
I don't know if she enjoyed killing but I do think she enjoyed being in control and creating chaos and being deceitful and successfully doing it all while 'hiding in plain sight.'

If it was just about killing she could have kidnapped babies and killed and dumped them. But for her, it was the resuscitation excitement and then the occasional deaths, and then the shock and the memory boxes and final baths and sympathy notes. The whole charade----the sick secrets and the power of manipulation ----she was the master.

I think it's interesting that the jury couldn't reach a verdict on baby K. This was the baby where Dr Ravi, an experienced paediatric consultant, walked in on LL and allegedly witnessed her post attack, watching the baby deteriorate. I thought this was strong evidence with an objective, medically-qualified eye witness.

All I can think is that the defending barrister succeeded in trashing Dr Ravi's reputation, in my view.
I think the underlying medical issues with Baby K muddied the waters. JMO

This BBC documentary seems to be revealing more than any news articles are at the minute IMO. All articles I’ve seen have just been rehashed versions of the evidence we’ve heard over the last 10 months.
IMO

She was due to return to the neonatal unit in March 2017?!!!

The information and timelines now coming out are absolutely shocking!!!! Consultants being ignored, action not being taken, doctors being forced to apologist, not contacting police in order to protect & preserve the hospitals name/image, almost reinstating her into her post!!!! I am ANGRY beyond belief, those families & those babies were failed - not only by LL, but by those who should have been preserving safety above all else, instead they cared more about the hospital image.

Didn't post here during the trial. But, I have wondered what the consequences are for those who downplayed/took no action when the whistleblower spoke up. At the very least, those in charge should not be now. Just wondering. Do you all know of any actions taken?

Didn't post here during the trial. But, I have wondered what the consequences are for those who downplayed/took no action when the whistleblower spoke up. At the very least, those in charge should not be now. Just wondering. Do you all know of any actions taken?
I read in the DM that they were allowed to retire or resign with very generous payments/pensions. One retired to France, the others seem to have gone on to other jobs in the NHS.

eta link
Revealed: NHS bosses of the Countess of Chester Hospital

Revealed: NHS bosses of the Countess of Chester Hospital

Last edited:
If this is what is being revealed already, imagine what the full story is and how many more shocking revelations there are to come about the desperate attempts to protect the reputation of COCH, all at the expense of tiny babies lives… MOO

I cannot believe how management completely tried to shut down the concerns of not one, but SEVEN consultants.

I would say I hope the independent government review really leads to some changes, but I’m not holding out much hope.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member