GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many questions. Is it evil or is it sickness? If she's mentally deranged, surely she's to be pitied?

Depends what you believe about evil. I have my own belief that 'the devil' / demonic energy enters into people when they're at their lowest through their own pain and suffering and works from within them.

I believe she should be pitied because once she was a pure and innocent spirit and now look. What happened?

This BBC documentary seems to be revealing more than any news articles are at the minute IMO. All articles I’ve seen have just been rehashed versions of the evidence we’ve heard over the last 10 months.
IMO
I wish I could watch it here in the states. Haven't been able to find it yet.

What is the exact title?

Depends what you believe about evil. I have my own belief that 'the devil' / demonic energy enters into people when they're at their lowest through their own pain and suffering and works from within them.

I believe she should be pitied because once she was a pure and innocent spirit and now look. What happened?
I’m sorry but I have to disagree. I will never feel sorry for anyone that has murdered babies.

It is not instantly. It's been 8 years. They had 8 years to try and process this.

I think the first few years there would be uncertainty and denial for sure. But they sat in court every day for 10 months and heard all of the evidence first hand. So it is weird that Mom would try and say 'arrest me, I did it" when it is so obviously impossible for that to be true. It seemed disingenuous and delusional, in my opinion. JMO

Then her mother is suffering and isn't wholly well. For this we should all be sorry IMO. Unless it turns out that LL's parents abused her and harmed her badly and this is all their's to answer to, then they are innocent parties. Maybe their only crime is being older parents who over-indulged their only little girl? We would need to know a lot more. There but for the grace of god and all that, imagine the shock of finding out a close relative was in fact doing this really dark secret stuff.

I’m sorry but I have to disagree. I will never feel sorry for anyone that has murdered babies.

Can't say as I feel sorry for her now but sorry that this has happened that this is what becomes of anyone's life. Then I am a bit of a soft touch and I also have my own spiritual beliefs that play into it. When I read Brian Master's biography of Jeffrey Dahmer I was distraught at the sadness of his childhood.

Some people enjoy inflicting pain on others. No demons necessary.
It's the way they are and these are their choices.
Every serial killer under the sun, for example.

Then her mother is suffering and isn't wholly well. For this we should all be sorry IMO. Unless it turns out that LL's parents abused her and harmed her badly and this is all their's to answer to, then they are innocent parties. Maybe their only crime is being older parents who over-indulged their only little girl? We would need to know a lot more. There but for the grace of god and all that, imagine the shock of finding out a close relative was in fact doing this really dark secret stuff.
They weren't "older" parents. You might say her dad was butninthink her mother was about 30 when she was born.

Sorry that a mother is prepared to sacrifice herself for her daughter who sacrificed every baby she could get her mitts on?

This whole article made me furious! I‘m a legal counsel myself so I can imagine the discussions that went on. But then this final sentence: “Since Letby left the hospital's neonatal unit, there has been only one death in seven years.

E—Management of the hospital should join Lucy in jail!

Not necessarily. But for myself, if she had been convicted of attacking my baby, I'd want to be able to see her receive that verdict with my own eyes. I think it would be frustrating that she could cower in the shadows instead.
Everyone's different. I would not want to even look at someone who harmed my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86