GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a long 9 months for them, taking in enormous amounts of information on the way. They have notebooks of course and i pads with all the 'slates' on to refer to but it is not any easy task. I totally agree with the above and how all 11 must convinced of BARD. I have attended this case 20+ times, it is hard going for everyone, especially the jury.
Do you know if there's much of interest happening on days like these (assuming there is no verdict)? And do you just turn up or is there a queue? I've never been near a courtroom before but I'm in Manchester today I was thinking of maybe popping in.

Do you know if there's much of interest happening on days like these (assuming there is no verdict)? And do you just turn up or is there a queue? I've never been near a courtroom before but I'm in Manchester today I was thinking of maybe popping in.
From what I can gather there is interest but it isn't packed. There is a lot of media hanging around inside and outside the court but I would most certainly recommend giving it a visit.

Not much happening, just a lot of waiting around. No queue just a brief security check at the entrance. Once in go left and take stairs to 1st floor. Court 7 is the trial - Court 8 is the public/police. I was there last Thursday which was the late start, we were called into court (most thought a verdict had been reached) just to be told the jury could deliberate for the day! Very much hit and Miss but worth going.

What was happening in the end with the insulin doses? The prosecution claimed Lucy doubled the dose with the next baby but the defence said it wasn’t so. What were the numbers?

Just thinking... if the jury can claim double the amount of expenses for loss of earnings and childcare for spending more than 4 hours in court than they would if spending four hours or less in court does that mean we're unlikely to get a verdict until at least 4 hours has passed (cos why would they give up an extra £60ish each when it's unlikely they can waltz back into work for the afternoon or get a refund for booked childcare if they finish before four hours are up)

If your jury service lasts longer than 10 working days, the amount you can claim increases. You’ll be able to claim up to:

• £129.91 a day if you spend more than 4 hours at court
  • £64.95 a day if you spend 4 hours or less at court

Just thinking... if the jury can claim double the amount of expenses for loss of earnings and childcare for spending more than 4 hours in court than they would if spending four hours or less in court does that mean we're unlikely to get a verdict until at least 4 hours has passed (cos why would they give up an extra £60ish each when it's unlikely they can waltz back into work for the afternoon or get a refund for booked childcare if they finish before four hours are up)

If your jury service lasts longer than 10 working days, the amount you can claim increases. You’ll be able to claim up to:

Yeah I would definitely be dragging it out past the 4 hours. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to find out some of these jurors are in financial difficulty by the end of it all.

They will all be driving off in Ferrari's at the end of the trial :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics