GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very strange. I won’t speculate on Letby’s upbringing (although I am also curious) and I understand a parent supporting a child but at some point you have to say, I love you but I hate what you did. JMO.
I feel awful for any parent having to accept and deal with their child being accused and arrested with serious crimes. It must be overwhelming.
Her parents have now had plenty of time to come to terms with this horrid situation. They had a few years before the trial and then sat through every day of evidence and testimony. So their shock and surprise doesn't cut it for me now. It reads more like total denial and refusal to accept reality at this point.

Saying 'I did this, arrest me' seems delusional, considering she was never at the hospital during the attacks. JMO

Apparently not. Just had my question answered elsewhere and those in the public gallery were also privy to the verdicts as and at the time they were delivered. And since we've had no leaks, they clearly walked the walk with the trust that was placed in them.

So well done, the public. :cool:
Do you have a link for this? I’m interested.

Edit: I know family members have been present, but they could be trusted not to reveal a detail that might upend the whole trial and the press will follow the rules. I’d be really surprised if random members of the public were allowed in when the information cannot be released.

An update from Chester reportedly stating;

Lucy Letby has stated she will not be present at her sentencing next week Monday 21st August 2023 of her evil crimes at the Countess of Chester between June 2015 and June 2016.”

Not sure how much truth is in this but given the fact she refused to come up from the cells and the judge reportedly stated as not being able to force her, I wouldn’t be surprised. Absolutely disgusting, hiding like a coward instead of taking the consequence which has been rightly handed to her.

Feeling so very sombre this evening. Too many thoughts and emotions. Mainly sadness and anger.

This is one of the most horrific and terrifying cases our country has ever seen. Not just a nurse but a neonatal nurse, the amount of trust parents have to put into these nurses is beyond measure. I practically had to be dragged away from my baby every night because I hated leaving her there to be looked after by strangers. You’ve just given birth, your hormones are going crazy, you’re up on the ward full of other mums with their babies crying, family and friends coming in with balloons and taking pictures. I’ll never forget being discharged while my daughter was still in neonatal walking out the doors without her and seeing other parents leaving carrying their babies cosy in car seats. I sobbed all the way home.

Now I think of those parents who never got to take their baby home. Had to go back and pack away the Moses basket, the clothes, the nappies, the car seat. When your baby is in neonatal the only thing you have to look forward to is your baby coming home, you hope and pray for that day and it’s all you focus on. LL ripped that hope from so many parents. She stamped all over their hearts, betrayed their trust in the worst way possible, abused her position as someone trusted to care for these vulnerable little babies, she revelled in every single moment.

She excitedly text colleagues wanting them all to know about the drama we now know she’d caused. She pretended to think it was ‘awful’, pretended to feel sorry for the parents, spoke about dads being on the floor screaming. She looked into parents eyes and said she was sorry for their loss, she made memory boxes and dressed their tiny little bodies, she gloated about having given one victim her first bath. She portrayed herself as a hardworking, devoted, career driven nurse. She pretended to care. She stole handover notes so she’d always remember parents names, she kept them as trophies, she searched for parents on Facebook on Christmas Day hoping to see a ‘missing you at Christmas’ post so she could enjoy seeing the heartache she’d caused. She wrote a sympathy card with hollow empty words. She told bereaved parents ‘you’ve had long enough now put him in here’ or (words to that effect) as they cradled their dying child.

She hovered around that unit like the grim reaper. And now her evil house of cards has collapsed around her she can’t even face the music in court, she can’t even come up to hear her fate, face the parents, face her parents. She wants complete power and control, and because she’s lost it in every other aspect, the only control she has left is denying her victims parents the chance to physically see her get sentenced and taken away as a convicted multiple murderer.

I have never felt so much total disdain and hatred for an individual in my life. The betrayal is horrifying, the level of calculation and deceit is terrifying. Plain boring ‘nice’ Nurse Lucy - The most prolific child killer of recent times, the only neonatal serial killer in British history. I hope she is haunted forever.

There’s a lump in my throat that just won’t go away. Even though we felt it coming at some point, the reality is really sinking in and it’s so difficult to fathom that anyone could do this but she said it herself ‘I AM EVIL I DID THIS’ - yes she did and now the world knows it too.

This is all JMO and IMOO
For me, it's almost like a numbness. There is no sense of triumph. There could never be a happy ending, with all those deaths. But part of me wanted LL to be innocent. I didn't want to believe someone could do all that. Very sad today.

So many questions. Is it evil or is it sickness? Or is sickness itself evil?
There is no answer to that that satisfies everybody. It's an eternal debate that will never be resolved.

I think of what I said when my mother expressed similar bafflement when we were watching something about Joseph James Deangelo. I said that the thing he witnessed in childhood would traumatise or frighten most people, but for him, it excited him. And that shaped his choices from then onward.

If guilty (not sure how we're meant to be adhering to sub judice before sentencing, but I'm trying), I think at some point in LL's life, she did something or witnessed something that made her realise causing pain excited her, made her feel powerful. And the choices she made from then on, seeking that, led us to this moment.

Having a passing or even persisting sadistic thought doesn't make a person a killer. If and how we act on it does. It is our choices that matter, here.

MOO

There is no answer to that that satisfies everybody. It's an eternal debate that will never be resolved.

I think of what I said when my mother expressed similar bafflement when we were watching something about Joseph James Deangelo. I said that the thing he witnessed in childhood would traumatise or frighten most people, but for him, it excited him. And that shaped his choices from then onward.

If guilty (not sure how we're meant to be adhering to sub judice before sentencing, but I'm trying), I think at some point in LL's life, she did something or witnessed something that made her realise causing pain excited her, made her feel powerful. And the choices she made from then on, seeking that, led us to this moment.

Having a passing or even persisting sadistic thought doesn't make a person a killer. If and how we act on it does. It is our choices that matter, here.

MOO
I've seen people on here saying she enjoyed killing. I don't think that's necessarily the case. It could have been some kind of sick compulsion, with no enjoyment involved.

Honestly, I’ve been so invested in this case for 10 months, and convinced of her guilt, that I expected to be happy when the verdicts came. That I’d feel almost celebratory that justice had been served.

But I just feel so sad. I just can’t even begin to imagine how the families feel.

An update from Chester reportedly stating;

Lucy Letby has stated she will not be present at her sentencing next week Monday 21st August 2023 of her evil crimes at the Countess of Chester between June 2015 and June 2016.”

Not sure how much truth is in this but given the fact she refused to come up from the cells and the judge reportedly stated as not being able to force her, I wouldn’t be surprised. Absolutely disgusting, hiding like a coward instead of taking the consequence which has been rightly handed to her.
Convicted defendants cannot be compelled to court for sentencing, nor can the fact they don’t go be taken into account in the sentence they receive, or even the regime they are under in prison. This needs to change. Thomas Cashman did not appear in court either for his sentencing for the murder of Olivia Pratt-Korbel. The law needs to change so that there are consequences for this cowardice.

This story from this mum is just mindblowing. I think there will absolutely be more victims.
Ms Artell says she and her husband were discussing how their premature son was making good progress on the unit when the couple noticed Letby eavesdropping on their conversation.

She says, out of the blue, Letby told them: "I don't like parents getting their hopes up because we never know what could happen at this stage."

That^^^^ statement by Nurse Letby is terrifying.

Convicted defendants cannot be compelled to court for sentencing, nor can the fact they don’t go be taken into account in the sentence they receive, or even the regime they are under in prison. This needs to change. Thomas Cashman did not appear in court either for his sentencing for the murder of Olivia Pratt-Korbel. The law needs to change so that there are consequences for this cowardice.
As long as justice is done, does it matter that much if the defendant is there?

I think it's interesting that the jury couldn't reach a verdict on baby K. This was the baby where Dr Ravi, an experienced paediatric consultant, walked in on LL and allegedly witnessed her post attack, watching the baby deteriorate. I thought this was strong evidence with an objective, medically-qualified eye witness.

All I can think is that the defending barrister succeeded in trashing Dr Ravi's reputation, in my view.

As long as justice is done, does it matter that much if the defendant is there?
It is a sign of disrespect to the process of the court, allows the convicted murderer a degree of power and control that they should not have at this stage, and denies the victim’s family and friends the opportunity to look the perpetrator in the eye / see their reaction as they receive the news of their fate. That last one might be a little emotive; but the first two are enough for me.

Ms Artell says she and her husband were discussing how their premature son was making good progress on the unit when the couple noticed Letby eavesdropping on their conversation.

She says, out of the blue, Letby told them: "I don't like parents getting their hopes up because we never know what could happen at this stage."

That^^^^ statement by Nurse Letby is terrifying.
For context, this child was born between the event that was a no verdict for baby K (charge presented to the court of attempted murder), and the event that was a unanimous guilty verdict for attempted murder on baby L.

MOO

It is a sign of disrespect to the process of the court, allows the convicted murderer a degree of power and control that they should not have at this stage, and denies the victim’s family and friends the opportunity to look the perpetrator in the eye / see their reaction as they receive the news of their fate. That last one might be a little emotive; but the first two are enough for me.
The fact that is not a requirement for them to appear suggests that it is not considered to be part of the legal process. Personally, if someone killed one of my loved ones, I would not want to look at them and would be quite glad if they just disappeared off to their prison cell forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member