GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then her mother is suffering and isn't wholly well. For this we should all be sorry IMO. Unless it turns out that LL's parents abused her and harmed her badly and this is all their's to answer to, then they are innocent parties. Maybe their only crime is being older parents who over-indulged their only little girl? We would need to know a lot more. There but for the grace of god and all that, imagine the shock of finding out a close relative was in fact doing this really dark secret stuff.
They weren't "older" parents. You might say her dad was but I think her mother was about 30 when she was born.

Depends what you believe about evil. I have my own belief that 'the devil' / demonic energy enters into people when they're at their lowest through their own pain and suffering and works from within them.

I believe she should be pitied because once she was a pure and innocent spirit and now look. What happened?
Hmm, I don't have any religious beliefs, so what you say does not resonate with me at all.

Can't say as I feel sorry for her now but sorry that this has happened that this is what becomes of anyone's life. Then I am a bit of a soft touch and I also have my own spiritual beliefs that play into it. When I read Brian Master's biography of Jeffrey Dahmer I was distraught at the sadness of his childhood.
I know what you mean, I feel so sorry that this has happened. It’s just so completely avoidable and we will never understand why.

Also see you point re Dahmer, I felt some empathy for him when I watched the Netflix show, even knowing what he’d done. (Limited info though, and obviously still think his crimes are utterly horrific. A bad childhood is not an excuse).

But I just can’t feel any pity for LL. Premature babies?! And apparently she has parents that adore her, no childhood issues etc. so no. In this case, I just can’t feel anything other than disbelief and revulsion.

They weren't "older" parents. You might say her dad was but I think her mother was about 30 when she was born.

Ah my apologies, I thought they were older for some reason. By which I mean to say single child of older parents could be a 'thing' in and of itself.

I wonder if we will find out if LL had any issues relating to pregnancy or wanting a baby of her own etc? I know we've more or less found out that she enjoyed being the centre of the drama and manipulating all the attention but wonder if there's more to it than that?

I really wish that people who do things like this would speak about what on earth they were thinking and feeling so that at least we can have an explanation or try to comprehend how it gets this bad.

I had a feeling they might announce the verdicts this morning. But I hung out with my little grand daughter all day and was EXHAUSTED so I took a nap at midnight and set my alarm for 3 am----hoping to hear an update.

I slept through the whole thing and logged into WS about 9 am , California time, shocked to see the ' 7 Guilty of Murder' headline on the thread. My husband almost dropped his coffee when he heard me scream " Oh My God!!!"

I am greatly relieved. I always felt the Murder charges were the most important ones.

I have to check on the AT's----one of the babies was left paralysed and greatly compromised but I don't remember which one. Was that one verdict resolved or not?

I think from what bbc are saying the final verdicts were yesterday and this morning was about discharging the jury etc ...which is why we didn't get a 20 min warning
Will the Jury attend the sentencing?

Will the parents get opportunity in Court before sentencing to have victims' testimony
(as in American courts)?

PS
I would love to hug each Juror hahaha
Well done!!!!! :D

Im still in shock

Will the Jury attend the sentencing?

Will the parents get opportunity in Court before sentencing to have victims' testimony
(as in American courts)?

PS
I would love to hug each Juror hahaha
Well done!!!!! :D

Im still in shock
I may be wrong but I believe they can attend in the public gallery if they wish?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members