GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can speculate in the reasons for killing / harming the babies and professionals can give the opinions but the only way we'll know for sure why she acted this way is if she talks. Does anyone think she may do so in the future?

Sadly no. They never do. Jeffrey Dahmer went down in notable history for being very open and honest with LE, his interviewers / psychologists and psychiatrists. In this regard he was an exception.

You don’t think his wife ever figured it out? He may even have come clean with her, out of guilt, or a desire to save his marriage? Just thinking out loud here.

She probably knows because likely he'd have been triangulating his poor wife who was probably older than LL and was mothering two children. He probably would deny an affair but would claim there's this young nurse LL who I'm 'helping' because she's 'struggling'. That's what these sort of guys do. IMO MOO

There’s a few people in here and other forums where I follow the case who have been going to the trial and waiting for the verdicts.

Does anyone know if they will have knew about the partial verdicts or were they closed hearings?
I’m quite shocked none of it was leaked tbh. The first guilty murders came back on the 8th august.. more on the 11th. I can understand the media. But I know what facebook/Reddit/tattle can be like. I’m impressed no one leaked a thing!

Post number 952
It was not my link
Thanks , I just read it.
Unfathomable even at close quarters.
I agree.

I wonder how she'll cope in prison?
probably tantrum after tantrum about absolutely everything.

It would be tempting to suggest she dissociated while she was killing but I don't believe she did unless she maintained the dissociation in the months following when she stalked the families on social media.

I think I'll just stop trying to figure her out.
She was enabled and that is all too clear and it's time to appropriate that blame where it belongs.

She could not have done it otherwise.
i've worked in very big hospitals and small hospitals and clinics and if the same nurse was calling emergency more than once, everybody would know and she or he would be watched..

This whole lack of responsibility is jaw breaking.

I didn't know that Baby C's mother was a GP

Edited to add, this text creeps me out because she is pointing out that someone else was in charge of the baby!
  • 8.57am: Letby again: 'Baby C is the little 800g baby, went off very suddenly, Sophie was looking after him. I know it happens but it's still so sad & cruel isn't it x'…

Also edited to add this link because now I'm finally starting to take on board what several of you have been saying in this thread. Factitious disorder imposed on self - Wikipedia

All of the above is JMO MOO

Last edited:
IMO it's because they can't dig up any dirt on her past so this is the best they, the media, can do.
I see it differently.

He was a doctor in this hospital.
He gave her confidential info that could compromise investigation against her.

Their affair was embedded into the tragedy of VICTIMS!!!

He still saw her, went on trips with her when she was supended.

Media aren't "bad guys" here!

JMO

Last edited:
That's what I think. The insulin cases were generally considered the strongest. I'd say someone on the jury was a stickler for standards of evidence and everything lesser than the insulin cases didn't meet that standard for them.

I have no idea how it works in the UK but its a shame there was no way for some of these Attempted Murder cases to come down to assault, grievous bodily harm, or something else similar. I can understand those decisions, tbh. Sometimes she really might just have wanted to hurt them - that's not attempted murder. It should bloody well be a crime, and she's essentially gotten away with those because there was no alternative or lesser charge.

Oh well. At least she'll be going away for a long time - hopefully forever.
Looking at the attempted murder charges she was found guilty of -

B, F, G (1st two attempts), L, M, N (1st attempt)

and the ones she was found not guilty of -

G (3rd alleged attempt) and H (1st alleged attempt)

and the ones they couldn't reach a verdict on -

H (2nd alleged attempt), J, K, N (2nd and 3rd alleged attempts) and Q

- I don't think it was a matter of not understanding her intent that caused uncertainty for the jurors, but a matter of a sufficient number of them not being sure that she caused the event. So I don't think a lesser charge would have resulted in a different outcome.

JMO

Last edited:
Some years ago I was a volunteer for a well known suicidal/distress helpline and visited a number of prisons as part of that work. A women’s prison will be full of mothers who love and miss their own children, and I cannot see LL faring well in their company. I wonder if she will be held in isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper