GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joanna Dennehy is one scary person. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her! Or any of them for that matter.
I wonder if Lucy will ever go down the refusing to eat route like Beverley Allitt?
Who cares? Let her choose her own suffering.

Thank you, I was going off the live feed a poster was copying in this thread which said ‘split’. I’ve since referred to the sentencing remarks and seen it as ‘splinted’ not ‘split’.

LL confirmed via text that she had watched this episode of "An hour to save your life". It aired on 9th June 2015, with trailers on 2nd June 2015. The episode is "Surviving Birth" and there is a baby who was born with a diaphragmatic hernia meaning their stomach and bowel was in the wrong place (higher than it should be) and the doctor explained that they had to operate as the bowel was in the chest squashing the lungs .

He explained that once born, as the baby swallowed air it would start to inflate their stomach and bowel inside the chest, and would put more pressure on the lungs and they would eventually suffocate.

LL injecting air into babies' stomachs via the NGT recreated this effect!

The full episode is available here

Chester Standard have published the sentencing remarks in full, and they’ve kept the baby’s letters the same as they were in the trial. I found a bit easier to follow.

Last edited:
Joanna Dennehy is one scary person. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her! Or any of them for that matter.
I wonder if Lucy will ever go down the refusing to eat route like Beverley Allitt?
I met Dennehy very early 2013 in a spa shop, she was chatting to the till lady and was very memorable, proper loud and seemed drunk, she told me that she liked my lipstick whilst I paid for my pop and I said oh thanks... How surprised I was when I saw her face pop up in the media.

This case is without doubt the most horrific and appalling I’ve ever heard of. Apart from Letby’s obvious wickedness and malevolence, there is one aspect that really baffles me: How can it be that she apparently exhibited no strange or concerning behaviours during her childhood or young adulthood? From the little reading I’ve done, it appears that almost every serial killer has had some early life history of inflicting (and/or receiving) abuse or cruelty. There’s been not a single example of those behaviours in anything that’s been said or written about LL. Any thoughts?
JMO
I think LL was a cruel, sadistic monster----but she exhibited those traits in the form of a Münchausen syndrome , IMO.

So although she did aggressively bully others, she did so behind her mask of being a caring compassionate martyr. In the darkness, all alone, she aggressively assaulted vulnerable, helpless babies. Then she put on a big show, pretending to help save them.

When LL harms and even kills others, she wants to blend in with the victim's families and share in their grief, hiding behind her mask of being a loving caregiver. She savours that part of the chaos-----leads the after death rituals and 'comforts' the family by bathing the dead child, and dressing them and taking photos, and footprints.

So we will not see any glaring examples of her being a bully as a child or harming family pets because she has always played the good little sweet princess. The innocent one.

Last edited:
I think they may have forgotten to omit one of the infants names. Baby G, part 14. If it is the case, I hope it gets sorted as they’ve managed to keep anonymous all this time.
Here's the part that really got me. Page 4, item 6:

"A piece of paper with dense writing on both sides, setting out your thoughts and feelings, was found in the first search of your home in 2018. Amongst the phrases you wrote were ‘the world is better off without me’ and ‘I am evil I did this’."

I agree re parents in denial. Even so, the media have been digging constantly among LL’s childhood friends, colleagues, church associates, etc, and not one single small example has emerged. It’s strange.
When she was with her friends, colleagues, church members and even family, she was manipulating them, gaslighting, and putting on an act. So none of them had ever caught her without her mask on. Her mask was showing her as being sweet, polite and good.

Below that was a simmering resentment and a lot of cruelty and wickedness, which only came out in the dark, when she was alone with her victims. JMO

When she was with her friends, colleagues, church members and even family, she was manipulating them, gaslighting, and putting on an act. So none of them had ever caught her without her mask on. Her mask was showing her as being sweet, polite and good.

Below that was a simmering resentment and a lot of cruelty and wickedness, which only came out in the dark, when she was alone with her victims. JMO
As with many serial offenders, the only living witness to that side of her is Letby herself. The ones who survived were too young. The only others who witnessed something of it are the parents who spoke at trial, and the couple of other parents who have spoken to the media in the last few days about their own run-ins with Letby.

MOO

and I believe came out the more she lived alone?

There is something really wrong with this picture.

Two people who had nothing to do with her crimes having to sit and bear witness to Letby's sentence.

I wonder if Letby will even read the victim impact statements that are going to be delivered to her. Coward.
Not wrong with the picture.
But with REALITY it depicts!

I think LL was a cruel, sadistic monster----but she exhibited those traits in the form of a Münchausen syndrome , IMO.

So although she did aggressively bully others, she did so behind her mask of being a caring compassionate martyr. In the darkness, all alone, she aggressively assaulted vulnerable, helpless babies. Then she put on a big show, pretending to help save them.

When LL harms and even kills others, she wants to blend in with the victim's families and share in their grief, hiding behind her mask of being a loving caregiver. She savours that part of the chaos-----leads the after death rituals and 'comforts' the family by bathing the dead child, and dressing them and taking photos, and footprints.

So we will not see any glaring examples of her being a bully as a child or harming family pets because she has always played the good little sweet princess. The innocent one.
Yes as her preferred victims were babies who had no voices and would be too young to remember any attacks if they survived, I was always pretty confident that the papers wouldn't be full of shocking stories of her previous conduct, as is so often the case with other murderers. At most I thought that we might hear about how pets passed away in her care, but nope not even that.

Two people who had nothing to do with her crimes having to sit and bear witness to Letby's sentence.

I wonder if Letby will even read the victim impact statements that are going to be delivered to her. Coward.
I'm assuming they wanted to see the end of it, like the eight jurors who chose to come to court today. I do wonder if the juror who had to withdraw was one of them. I hope, at least, that they were able to read about it and know how important their service was. I hope they, too, are excused for life from future jury service. They came so to close to the end, and they sat through everything the other jurors did.

MOO

I doubt it.
She has shown zero remorse.

I'm kinda shocked her lawyers did not advise her to at least pretend to be sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper