GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody who followed the case closely come across any ex boyfriends?

I appreciate that if you were an ex you wouldn't want to advertise that but it's just that I get the feeling she's never had a relationship. She also comes across as quite asexual to me, even when she's taking part in pranks on nights out with the dance pole and when I'm reading about her loving salsa dancing.

First known murder age 25. Old associates said they'd never heard of any boyfriends.
Do you all think the relationship with the registrar was a cynical one or real? ( Developing support and protection in the right places )
She was socially awkward, probably her religious background prevented her from having casual flings.
She bought a house with a possible dream of having a family.

I think she developed some feelings for Dr A (he features in her notes, emotional breakdown in Court).

IMO she is seriously mentally unstable with violent mood swings.
And unable to cope with them.

Im amazed she wasn't diagnosed and appropriately treated - both pharmacologically and by therapies.

She should have never ever been allowed to work with vulnerable patients.

JMO

This has bothered me too. Could she have hidden this evil streak her whole life, or did it develop in adulthood? We'll probably never know.
Professor David Wilson has spoken about this on newsnight apparently but its only available on iplayer so I can't say what he said as I can't link it to you.

I appreciate that if you were an ex you wouldn't want to advertise that but it's just that I get the feeling she's never had a relationship. She also comes across as quite asexual to me, even when she's taking part in pranks on nights out with the dance pole and when I'm reading about her loving salsa dancing.

First known murder age 25. Old associates said they'd never heard of any boyfriends.
Do you all think the relationship with the registrar was a cynical one or real? ( Developing support and protection in the right places )
Her notes shown in evidence suggest to me she has struggled to maintain a relationship, struggled to maintain friendships. Friends leave her. If you look back through her notes it is there; she knows she is this awkward strange individual. When her one collegue left the unit (I can’t recall who), in the messages to colleagues she was then onto the next person. She was friends with the doctor who emigrated; she spoke about this/leaving her parents being annoyed etc.. after that doctor left, she’s straight onto the next. When she was messaging JJK and the room 1 thing, see how that fizzled and she’s next onto dr choc. See how she gets really agitated about Mel and that room one discussion, her comments to freinds in her messages and then if you see what she writes in her notes: she is internally awkward and cannot maintain those meaningful relationships. She is angry and bitter at other people’s happiness, to “save the day”, little nice princess was also “the face” of a charity fundraiser campaign. Interesting- why her I wonder..Again, on the pedestal. “See me”

She is nothing but a snake-like destroyer of everything in her path because internally she cannot regulate and hold onto those relationships. Resentful, bitter, disturbed.

Hi Everyone,
Please remember people are allowed to have different opinions. However, if you feel like a poster is trolling the best thing you can do is ignore the post. Scroll on by !
Thanks,
Tricia

The 33-year-old will be in HMP Low Newton in Durham alongside Joanna Dennehy, who slayed three men during a 10-day spree in 2013.

[...]

Letby was originally held in HMP Bronzefield in Surrey, but was subsequently moved to HMP New Hall in Wakefield for the trial.

Post-sentence today she will be taken to Low Newton, which is located in the village of Brasside near Durham.

Baby P’s tummy had so much air forced into it that his diaphragm split. I cannot imagine how agonising that must have been for poor baby P.

All of the murders and attempted murders were incredibly cruel but this one takes the cake for me.

What a depraved individual LL is. Good riddance, enjoy Prison! Have fun waking up every single day as long as you live knowing you’re never getting out.

Do hospitals really not provide information about psychological help for the parents of children who suddenly die?
The father of the triplets said no one knew what to say, no one offered them anything. How could they not have had resources to provide to them -- at least support groups and bereavement therapists and organisations? Really?

I'm reading all of them. As someone who has followed this trial from the start I feel it's the least I can do. Heartbreaking.
I was pages behind and had only read a few and had to take my self away because it was killing me - they’re heartbreaking.

Slowly but surely catching up and will read the rest of them as like you I feel it’s the least I can do.

No but I have thought about this as well. Up until the BBC Panorama Report a few nights back I’d never seen/heard anything from even a friend - barring the texts we were allowed to see during the trial but they don’t paint a big picture outside the work environment.

It will be interesting to see if things start trickling out now that the trial is over regarding her personal life before she was arrested. They usually do but given this case and the nature of it maybe people will not want to be associated with her in any way.

The 33-year-old will be in HMP Low Newton in Durham alongside Joanna Dennehy, who slayed three men during a 10-day spree in 2013.

[...]

Letby was originally held in HMP Bronzefield in Surrey, but was subsequently moved to HMP New Hall in Wakefield for the trial.

Post-sentence today she will be taken to Low Newton, which is located in the village of Brasside near Durham.

They really should make it clear in that article that the Baby P in this case and the Baby P related to Tracey Connelly are completely different. I got a shock for a second, there. It could cause horrific confusion and hurt for the family.

MOO

Fingers crossed.

I came across an article way back before the trial started that named the children who died and, for reasons I can’t go into, this one’s name is etched into my mind. I hope she gets (some form of) justice too.
Yes. And her fathers Facebook posts every time her birthday comes round is heartbreaking. It is always something like “happy 8th birthday today to my baby girl _____. Daddy misses you every day”

Do hospitals really not provide information about psychological help for the parents of children who suddenly die?
The father of the triplets said no one knew what to say, no one offered them anything. How could they not have had resources to provide to them -- at least support groups and bereavement therapists and organisations? Really?
I suspect the natural order of things was thrown into chaos by the two deaths back to back and the third triplet being taken by the transfer team to the other hospital against all protocol, but thank goodness, because it saved his life. But they also wouldn't give the memory boxes over to an extended family member, forcing the parents to choose between abandoning those or going back to the institution where their sons were murdered to collect them personally, so. Not ideal procedure going on at all times, obviously.

MOO

Sentencing remarks (names redacted).

From here:

There's a "WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT" on the judiciary website.
I think they may have forgotten to omit one of the infants names. Baby G, part 14. If it is the case, I hope it gets sorted as they’ve managed to keep anonymous all this time.

Hey everyone,

This post lands at random.

Opinion articles are not allowed. There will be hundreds of folks on the WWW who will try to introduce race into this discussion when it is not a known fact that it had anything to do with this case.

Please leave race out of this discussion. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper