UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Dr V thinks of LL now?
LL created absolute mayhem for these doctors. Nothing yet proven as regards baby J, but as @squish who attended court pointed out, on the night of baby J's two collapses, twins were being admitted as an emergency to nursery one, and staff already had their hands full.

Looking back over Dr Ventress's testimony, she was attending an emergency Caesarean right in the middle of LL's repeated attempts to murder baby G.

"At the time of the 'urgent review' at 2.35am on September 7, she said she would have been at the children's ward.
She said, from her statement to police, she would have gone "straight away" to review Child G.

4:17pm

Mr Myers asks that upon attending the unit, and informing the plan of action for Child G, was Dr Ventress then called away before she could carry out anything herself?
Dr Ventress agrees.
Mr Myers says it was for delivery of another pre-term baby.

4:20pm

Dr Ventress's clinical note says Dr Ventress was called out of theatre to say [Child G] had gone apnoeic and dusky."

Recap: Lucy Letby trial, Thursday, December 1

One could say that she was not only mindlessly trying to kill the babies but also sabotaging the care of other babies and giving the doctors nightmare shifts.

Also she was causing low morale and anxiety to everyone in the whole environment for years already and for many years to come.

Now she's left people with nightmares and the horror of knowing they didn't act quickly enough (I'm not speaking about management here, they deserve every nightmare they have).

She's terrorised everyone involved, from the direct victims and their families spreading outwards to including the general public. She's literally a terrorist.

Plus, probably deliberately contributing to the idea that the hospital was understaffed. :(
Oh yes, two days after her second attempt to murder baby G -

23 Sep 2015, Wed

LL texts a colleague she's rearranging her shifts, and will be working with her.

LL also texts her mother she's working that night as an extra shift.

LL messages another colleague to say how busy the unit is likely to be that night.

24 Sep 2015, Thu

LL messaged a colleague: "It's completely unsafe ☹ "

LL messaged a friend: “I won’t be able to make it to hula hoop – work mad so doing extra nights x”

LL messaged colleague Sophie Ellis: “Oh Soph it was pretty bad – 18 babies, intubating on handover & baby with sugar of 0.1! On again tonight tomorrow & Sat. Not had chance to see Corrie, was it good? Xx”

I wouldn't be surprised if she was responsible for that baby's blood sugar either. Dr Evans said there was another one that should be looked at.

'I believe there is at least one other case of insulin poisoning out there that needs further looking at.

Remember she did the datix complaints as well. Any problems on the unit not linked to her bolster those complaints From an external and perhaps authoritative perspective. For any half knowing individual the best way to make yourself look good is to make others look bad and it often comes with opportunity Ie promotion.

Remember she did the datix complaints as well. Any problems on the unit not linked to her bolster those complaints From an external and perhaps authoritative perspective. For any half knowing individual the best way to make yourself look good is to make others look bad and it often comes with opportunity Ie promotion.
oh yes, remember this gem -

12:48pm

Letby is asked to look at a Datix form she had written [a form used by staff when issues have been highlighted, such as clinical incidents], on the documentation ['Employees involved' has Letby's name].
The form said 'Infant had a sudden acute collapse requiring resusctiation. Peripheral access lost.'
Dr Brearey said the information in the form was 'untrue', and he said he didn't believe at any point IV access was lost.
Asked about this, Letby says: "Well, that's Dr Brearey's opinion."
The form adds: 'SB [Brearey] wishes amendment to incident form - Patient did not lose peripheral access, intraosseuous access required for blood samples only.'
Letby says she does not believe her Datix report was untrue at the time.
NJ: "You were very worried that they were on to you, weren't you?"
LL: "No."

Mr Johnson says "it's a lie".
He says Letby is trying to invent evidence that peripheral access was lost. If it was, Mr Johnson say, then air could not be injected into the infant. He says if that note was accepted, it would support her case that this was not air embolus.

ph it was pretty bad – 18 babies, intubating on handover & baby with sugar of 0.1! On again tonight tomorrow & Sat. Not had chance to see Corrie, was it good? Xx”

I wouldn't be surprised if she was responsible for that baby's blood sugar either. Dr Evans said there was another one that should be looked a
t.

RSBM

As she was present at some births and was able to access the maternity ward as part of her role, I've wondered whether she might have used insulin to create low blood sugar in any newborns on the maternity ward so that they would be transferred over to her in the NNU to become her new "favourite"! I know there were anecdotal reports of a mother on the labour ward, who said she woke up to find LL going through her medical notes, but don't know if that was ever officially reported in the press.

"The first in my family to go to university" - I just realised that's me!! Oh me oh my, aren't I just so special and amazing?! :)
I don't know if it was ever broadcast where you are, but it reminded me of the character in Little Britain sketch show, who had to tell everybody that she was Molly Sugden's bridesmaid!

oh yes, remember this gem -

12:48pm

Letby is asked to look at a Datix form she had written [a form used by staff when issues have been highlighted, such as clinical incidents], on the documentation ['Employees involved' has Letby's name].
The form said 'Infant had a sudden acute collapse requiring resusctiation. Peripheral access lost.'
Dr Brearey said the information in the form was 'untrue', and he said he didn't believe at any point IV access was lost.
Asked about this, Letby says: "Well, that's Dr Brearey's opinion."
The form adds: 'SB [Brearey] wishes amendment to incident form - Patient did not lose peripheral access, intraosseuous access required for blood samples only.'
Letby says she does not believe her Datix report was untrue at the time.
NJ: "You were very worried that they were on to you, weren't you?"
LL: "No."

Mr Johnson says "it's a lie".
He says Letby is trying to invent evidence that peripheral access was lost. If it was, Mr Johnson say, then air could not be injected into the infant. He says if that note was accepted, it would support her case that this was not air embolus.

It’s difficult to say but I think that’s quite intelligent manipulation. That’s very knowing at least.

i want to take this opportunity to highlight some points relevant to the evidence.

if you look at Lucy letby s statement it’s made in confident and clear language. It’s factual. “Peripheral access lost”.

dr breareys statement he doesnt “believe” it was lost.

He’s holding the middle ground the same way dr bohin (compared to dr evans) did when giving her opinions ie “fleetingly rare that can’t be ruled out without tests”. I’ve always thought such statements are inter directional and open whereas factual statements are mono directional. Ones earnest the other is closed. ones got a point to make or is aiming to get something out of it.

the way that sequence reads to me as well is that mr Johnson is correct and dr brearey. His “intrasseous access” I think seems to be procedural and correct. Lucy letby was worr and making mistakes I think. Feeling the pressure but not showing it.

tortoise I was wondering if you might be able to provide some pointers as to other examples of when she is alleged to falsified the notes Pls. I lost count after five times I think. If you could give me the cases I’ll do the research. It’s allot of info

It’s difficult to say but I think that’s quite intelligent manipulation. That’s very knowing at least.

i want to take this opportunity to highlight some points relevant to the evidence.

if you look at Lucy letby s statement it’s made in confident and clear language. It’s factual. “Peripheral access lost”.

dr breareys statement he doesnt “believe” it was lost.

He’s holding the middle ground the same way dr bohin (compared to dr evans) did when giving her opinions ie “fleetingly rare that can’t be ruled out without tests”. I’ve always thought such statements are inter directional and open whereas factual statements are mono directional. Ones earnest the other is closed. ones got a point to make or is aiming to get something out of it.

the way that sequence reads to me as well is that mr Johnson is correct and dr brearey. His “intrasseous access” I think seems to be procedural and correct. Lucy letby was worr and making mistakes I think. Feeling the pressure but not showing it.

tortoise I was wondering if you might be able to provide some pointers as to other examples of when she is alleged to falsified the notes Pls. I lost count after five times I think. If you could give me the cases I’ll do the research. It’s allot of info
Child E, for sure, is one of them. Her notes don't match the mother or the doctor's accounts of events.

MOO

RSBM

As she was present at some births and was able to access the maternity ward as part of her role, I've wondered whether she might have used insulin to create low blood sugar in any newborns on the maternity ward so that they would be transferred over to her in the NNU to become her new "favourite"! I know there were anecdotal reports of a mother on the labour ward, who said she woke up to find LL going through her medical notes, but don't know if that was ever officially reported in the press.

My personal view is that this would be extremely difficult. Very few babies on maternity have a cannulla. If a neonatal nurse goes to check antibiotics (s)he's always with a colleague, either another nurse or a midwife. I also think that it's unlikely LL was going through those notes. All JMO.

Child E, for sure, is one of them. Her notes don't match the mother or the doctor's accounts of events.

MOO
the cps say “several” and considering there were thirteen babies and 22 charges it’s not helpful. Could be “in half the cases she lied in med notes” etc.

here’s what the cps say.

“Several medical documents featured falsified notes made by Letby to hide her involvement. She amended timings on several documents in an attempt to distance herself from incidents where babies had suddenly become severely unwell.”

interestingly this website gives you the evidence the cps believes got the g verdict.

My personal view is that this would be extremely difficult. Very few babies on maternity have a cannulla. If a neonatal nurse goes to check antibiotics (s)he's always with a colleague, either another nurse or a midwife. I also think that it's unlikely LL was going through those notes. All JMO.
Can it not be injected without a cannula? (This is assuming the mother would be asleep or otherwise engaged after the birth)

Last edited:
Also she was causing low morale and anxiety to everyone in the whole environment for years already and for many years to come.

Now she's left people with nightmares and the horror of knowing they didn't act quickly enough (I'm not speaking about management here, they deserve every nightmare they have).

She's terrorised everyone involved, from the direct victims and their families spreading outwards to including the general public. She's literally a terrorist.
It's just so awful, the more I read about LL , the more sickening it gets, just when you think it can't get any worse.

I have only really followed the case since the verdict watch and only really because the COCH is my local hospital. It almost feels personal because of that.

Actually I'm not expressing how I feel very well because it's obviously only personal to those directly involved and my thoughts are very much with the victims and their families.
But I am a regular visitor to the hospital, as my husband has a serious life limiting condition and we have had such amazing support from all of the staff there, she has tainted the work done by so many dedicated professionals there.
I hope this makes sense because I'm finding it hard to express my thoughts on what LL has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom