UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. Personally I found it very suspicious that LL went to the matron and asked not to look after this pneumo baby without support as she felt 'unqualified'
Similarly with the stoma baby, this time LL thought that the nursery nurse was not qualified. It's her 'competency concerns' that formed part of a predictable pattern.
I got the impression that she didn't like the "boring", messy, time consuming jobs like changing stoma bags and emptying chest drains. Probably used up valuable texting time!

snipped just to focus on those two points. I didn't realise that she'd, in advance, gone to the matron in that baby's case. ( And I haven't read matron's testimony either. Anyway...so very devious. Me side-eying the 'Not good enough' theme again.)

Re stoma, I did come across this re Baby J's stoma care. ( from NJ's cross)

"Hmm don't know when to stop do they' Letby wrote.

'She tells the court: "Sometimes I felt that nursery nurses would undertake roles they were not experienced enough in doing."

A second message from Letby reads: 'It is shocking really that they are willing to take the responsibility for things that they have no training or experience etc on. Don't think they appreciate the potential difficulties.'

The court is then shown guidelines for stoma care that says they "do not require either Intensive or High Dependency care".

Mr Johnson says Letby is trying to create the impression: "The care provided to Child J was in 'some way deficient'.

"I don't think she had a high standard of care," Letby says.'

'

Yeah and when Baby H was allocated to a different nurse, LL texted her friend to say how she was still involved with Baby H but hadn't got the responsibility. I think this worked two ways, she could still legitimately be near Baby H but hadn't got the responsibility of doing the messy part of her care AND if anything happened to Baby H, all eyes would be on her designated nurse not on LL.

For the second event for Child H, Dr Matthew Neame believed Letby was the designated nurse for Child H on that shift, when it was nurse Shelley Tomlins. Mr Johnson says Letby had 'elbowed her colleague aside'.

Letby had messaged her colleague that night: 'I've been helping Shelley so least still involved but haven't got the responsibility'.

Mr Johnson says this builds Letby's 'plausible deniability'. He says "we know" Letby was supposed to be in nursery room 2, not in room 1 where Child H was. Mr Johnson says it shows the state of mind Letby was in that night, similar to the state of mind for when she killed Child C.

I got the impression that she didn't like the "boring", messy, time consuming jobs like changing stoma bags and emptying chest drains. Probably used up valuable texting time!
how very dare you.
She was 'an exceptional nurse...
"very keen to improve her practice"
"committed" in progressing with her training'
'hard-working and flexible' - "extraordinarily so"
"She was very particular with attention to detail"
& was "good at reporting mistakes", ( mistakes that other nurse practitioners or medical staff had made, regardless of seniority')

same link as previous page. Powell testimony again: Recap: Lucy Letby trial, Thursday, April 27

ETA
seriously though. re your last post here ' .....Letby had messaged her colleague that night: 'I've been helping Shelley so least still involved but haven't got the responsibility'
She is such a bleepin operator.

Last edited:
i don’t know for sure but I think I r entire Career she would have cared for about 4K babes. So thy are checking her entire career.

That's what I read somewhere - over 4k babies - not least because allegedly the first piece of paper she had kept at home was in a rose decorated box and was from the death of a baby the day before she officially started work in her first role, IIRC in 2010, from the place where she'd been doing her work experience or training or such. I definitely read that somewhere altho don't have a link and am surprised there's not been a lot more made of it.

That's what I read somewhere - over 4k babies - not least because allegedly the first piece of paper she had kept at home was in a rose decorated box and was from the death of a baby the day before she officially started work in her first role, IIRC in 2010, from the place where she'd been doing her work experience or training or such. I definitely read that somewhere altho don't have a link and am surprised there's not been a lot more made of it.

I would say they're looking at 4,000 admissions, to see which ones she was involved with.

think i read that earlier last week - 2022 cqc report in chester newspaper ( I couldn't help thinking that it was so critical compared to their earlier reports on CoC. cqc knew that when they wrote this report that LL's trial would create a scandal)

ETA
same link as posted before

Forgot to ask this Q. Why does LL feel need to use a code word for the word quiet? Or is it just a nothingburger & not taboo? ( Aug 2015, couple days before attacks twins E & F)

On the night shift from 1 to 2 August 2015, Letby was the designated nurse for Child F.

Letby sent a message to one of her friends complaining about the shift at 10.35pm.

"Yeah it's fine bit too q word really," she wrote.
Letby says this is a reference to it being quiet.

"Sometimes the shifts, they can be long nights if you haven't got as many babies on the unit," she tells the court.

"Do you enjoy it when it [is] busy?" Nick Johnson, for the prosecution, asks her.

"I enjoy when it [is] busy, yes," Letby says.

She clarifies she "enjoyed being busy when it was managed".
The 'Q word' is a fairly universal term in the setting I think, it refers to not tempting fate. If one person comments that it 'seems quiet' the other person would typically respond 'don't say the q word.'

how very dare you.
She was 'an exceptional nurse...
"very keen to improve her practice"
"committed" in progressing with her training'
'hard-working and flexible' - "extraordinarily so"
"She was very particular with attention to detail"
& was "good at reporting mistakes", ( mistakes that other nurse practitioners or medical staff had made, regardless of seniority')

same link as previous page. Powell testimony again: Recap: Lucy Letby trial, Thursday, April 27

ETA
seriously though. re your last post here ' .....Letby had messaged her colleague that night: 'I've been helping Shelley so least still involved but haven't got the responsibility'
She is such a bleepin operator.
Even if she hadn’t killed all those poor babies, she should be locked up for being insufferable.

IMO

she had kept at home was in a rose decorated box and was from the death of a baby the day before she officially started work in her first role, IIRC in 2010, from the place where she'd been doing her work experience or training or such. I definitely read that somewhere altho don't have a link and am surprised there's not been a lot more made of it.
"A Rose decorated box" is typically a box many girls/women keep their "treasures".

My Mum has one, and my Granny had one.

I don't :p

Was that though ? I just thought that was the handover from her very first shift at LWH.
I haven’t read it was from a baby death.
Taking the handover and putting it in a box on the very first day tells you imho what you are dealing with here with Letby. She was going to do it her way from day 1.

The 'Q word' is a fairly universal term in the setting I think, it refers to not tempting fate. If one person comments that it 'seems quiet' the other person would typically respond 'don't say the q word.'
Thanks, so she's also hinting to pal wtte that it's eerily Q, prior to attacking the next target babies. Imminence.

on the whole, got to say...
she's such a fake & obvious brown-noser.
takes as many night shifts as she can
then complains when nights seem long because not busy enough
tells pple like Dr A that she's happy he's filled the unit and then immediately texts mates that unit is overstretched

Even if she hadn’t killed all those poor babies, she should be locked up for being insufferable.

IMO
Yes during the trial I was thinking "Jesus, whether guilty or innocent, she really is unbearable!"

ETA there was one occasion where Doc Choc was saying how the baby's father had thanked him. She came back with "The whole family thanked me". Like it was some bloody competition!

Was that though ? I just thought that was the handover from her very first shift at LWH.
I haven’t read it was from a baby death.
Taking the handover and putting it in a box on the very first day tells you imho what you are dealing with here with Letby. She was going to do it her way from day 1.

Ah OK, maybe I remembered it incorrectly or was misinformed and thought the baby had passed away.

Regardless bringing home the handover sheet - or rather the handover sheet just 'came home with her' as she would say - and treasuring it is I suppose the beginning point of a pretty demonic habit.

I can understand how if a person is the sort that likes to 'journal' then a treasured memory from one's first official shift would be a thing... but in light of what we now know, maybe not so much.

Yes during the trial I was thinking "Jesus, whether guilty or innocent, she really is unbearable!"

ETA there was one occasion where Doc Choc was saying how the baby's father had thanked him. She came back with "The whole family thanked me". Like it was some bloody competition!
Doncha know she was the first person in her whole genealogical line to go to Uni ?
That makes it worth twice the value of anybody else's degree on the ward

100%! Unless you're a nurse, doctor or midwife which of course complicates things. ;)
You could probably get a job on an NNU knowing what you know.
I wouldn’t work. I’d just spend my time looking for signs of another Lucy letby. Literally I’d be breathing down the necks of every single member of staff, “I’m watching you” Fades into a black corner. I’d spend my career doing it and never finding one.

True! Maybe she 'needed' them to be with other nurses as well so she could pursue her plans.
I'm imagining that prior to executing any kind of attack letby would have had to weigh up the risk factors. She probably tried not offend when the same staff were on but sometimes her compulsion may have gotten the better of her and she 'saw red' potentially.

She will also have that heady accolade of being the first person in that messed up family to spend the rest of her days looking at the same four walls.
Quite an achievement I would say.
Will her parents send a note to the local press?

Ooops!
There are headlines in national and International press all over the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper