UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe she just had knee surgery? And just needed that to be accommodated when she was put into the back of the car?
I wasn't questioning whether she'd had the surgery, merely pointing out that she felt it necessary to bring it up - AFTER the officer had shown consideration, without prompting, and was going to move the seat to give LL more room

On the subject of rumours about LL refusing to be moved or where she's held right now, had forgotten this snippet from August 2023

'Letby had been in custody for almost two years when her trial began in October 2022. The case was thrown into doubt on the first day when it emerged that she had moved prisons days before, leaving many of her possessions and medication behind, and had found it “highly damaging and traumatising”.

Her barrister, Benjamin Myers KC, said Letby was so shaken by the experience she was disoriented as a result – “incoherent, she can’t speak properly” – and it had “blown away” any progress she had been making psychologically.

The trial eventually got under way a week behind schedule after Letby was assessed by psychiatrists. In her first days in the witness box, she looked on edge. Her eyes darted nervously towards any unexpected noise – a cough, a dropped pen, or when the female prison guard beside her shuffled in her seat. She blinked rapidly.'

ETA
be interested to hear from anybody who attended trial in first few days re her demeanour.

Also I just had a look at thread 23 and according to credible posts, LL's cross ex involved a couple of days a week for 4 hours at a time. She was also, in some instances afforded breaks on request, before lunch but in middle of cross. So she certainly can't complain about harsh treatment

Last edited:
Further to the Christmas presents, I'm guessing not one of these.

Wow. Apparently she received a "cryptic text" from another nurse hinting that "a familiar face" will soon be in the news. This suggests that there were whispers that the police were close to arresting Letby. Obviously, if this was the case, I'm sure the same nurse friend of Letby would have messaged Letby as well.

Wow. Apparently she received a "cryptic text" from another nurse hinting that "a familiar face" will soon be in the news. This suggests that there were whispers that the police were close to arresting Letby. Obviously, if this was the case, I'm sure the same nurse friend of Letby would have messaged Letby as well.
So that was 2018. Fits with the speculation re LL & her supporters getting their ducks in a row for some time, running a campaign behind the scenes.

and did someone leak the information on the police investigation? How would anybody outside of LE know that an arrest was imminent?

Also who is the medic? A medic is a doctor, no?

Prior to Letby's first arrest, the mum received a cryptic text message from another nurse at the hospital - who had also cared for her daughter - saying that she was going to see a familiar face in the papers, and "not to believe everything you hear". The medic, understood to be good friends with Letby, also allegedly said that being arrested "is not the same as being charged".

'The medic, understood to be good friends with Letby ' So Dr A was still there at CoC or still in contact as late as July 2018?

Last edited:
Last edited:
So no comfort blankets or trips down the M62 on Monday for Letby as she’s on a video link for the hearing. Makes me think they will press ahead for a retrial and of course the introduction of new evidence.
Just my Friday night musings of course.

missed this link, posting it now because I believe that there are a lot of Lucy 'Stans' who are claiming that the evidence on the insulin poisoned babies, is a miscarriage of justice. smh. ( Daily Mail)

Call for action from an MP

A member of the health committee has called for tighter controls on insulin in hospitals following the conviction of serial killer Lucy Letby.

Time for a review​

'Following Letby’s conviction for the murder of seven babies and the attempted murder of a further six, Dr Caroline Johnson, a consultant paediatrician and Conservative member of the Commons health committee, said there was “clearly a case for looking at how securely insulin is stored.”
She said: “It is notable that both Beverley Allitt and Lucy Letby appear to have used insulin to cause harm.
“Managing insulin is difficult because some patients are necessarily given it to carry with them, but there is clearly now a case for looking at how it is stored in hospitals and whether it is appropriately secure there.
“There must also be a robust mechanism for alerting clinicians to the presence of unexpected exogenous insulin on blood tests.”

In most hospitals, insulin is easily accessible and is not subject to the same stringent double sign-off methods for control drugs, such as morphine.
It is often kept in a locked cupboard, although all nurses have access to the key. “Basically no one is going to notice if insulin goes missing,” one healthcare worker said.'

You have to wonder what would make a nurse text a parent in this way. It's very odd.

You have to wonder what would make a nurse text a parent in this way. It's very odd.
Yes unprofessional but how did the nurse-friend get the Mum's phone number in the first place?

That link explained that the mum's baby was in NNU back in 2014. ( As hundreds of babies will pass through that NNU every year, would nurses really get their contact numbers before they left? Sounds far fetched. Mum doesn't say she struck up a close relationship.)

Do you know whether nurse pal would be able to access the past patient contact records from NNU ( Or even LL access them via the databases in Patient Safety offices?) Am assuming that the handovers don't record parents cell numbers but could've been used by LL as a starting point, to track down the contacts.

Anyway, just raises more questions for me as to why LL kept the 257 handover sheets, some of them many years old, having been carted between LL's former addresses. ( partly insurance policy, partly records of undetected attacks? 21 of the 257 pertained to the criminal charges)

( I recall dr Choc texting her that if, going forward she ever needed a 'statement' /testimonial as to how superb she was , he was available)

ETA the dr Choc-LL text exchange
Dr Choc & ' if you ever need a statement...'

R: Lucy, if anyone knows how hard you've worked over the last three days it's me. The standard of care delivered is tertiary nicu level. if *anybody* says anything to you about not being good enough or performing adequately I want you to promise me that you'll give my details to provide a statement. I don't care who it is and I don't care if I've left the trust.

R: Promise?

LL: Well I sincerely hope I won't ever be needing a statement

But thank you, I promise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics