UK police say terror plot thwarted.Planes from United Kingdom to America

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just heard on FOX news that they did not get them all. They have info that there could be as many as 50 involved. Lets pray that they find the others before they have the chance to carry through with their part of the plot.

scandi said:
The guy from Scotland Yard was very firm about how these are murderers hiding among regular people in neighborhoods that are desperate to commit mass murder on a big scale. Hwe said that part 3 times I think.
...and this needs to be repeated over and over again...

I heard something awhile back that there has been a sharp increase in men of Middle Eastern descent going to truck driving schools in the US. :slap:

IdahoMom said:
...and this needs to be repeated over and over again...

I heard something awhile back that there has been a sharp increase in men of Middle Eastern descent going to truck driving schools in the US. :slap:
I proberly need smacking too but we live in a coal mining town..which is quite close to one of our major ports..I have lived here for 20 yrs and never seen a person of MID ..but lately they are everywhere..I dont even know what Im trying to say.:silenced:

dingo said:
I proberly need smacking too but we live in a coal mining town..which is quite close to one of our major ports..I have lived here for 20 yrs and never seen a person of MID ..but lately they are everywhere..I dont even know what Im trying to say.:silenced:
You don't need smacking! :)

The scary thing is that Al Qaeda has recruited people of all ethnicities (and females, too)...so, how do you determine who the terrorists are? We can't think that all men of MID are terrorists...that would be wrong. So, I wonder what the solution is?

CNN.com

Here's a list of first flights now airborne from Britain to the U.S. airports after the imposition of the highest security threat levels. The information was gleaned from real-time commercial flight tracking data.

New York JFK

American Airlines 115: Left London Heathrow at 10:03 a.m. BST, one hour and thirty minutes late. It's now scheduled to arrive at at 12:30 p.m. EDT.

British Airways 117: Left Heathrow at 11:30 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 1:55 p.m. EDT, two hours and 40 minutes late.

British Airways 1503: Left Manchester, scheduled to arrive at 1:55 p.m. EDT, two hours and 40 minutes late.

British Airways 175: Left London Heathrow, scheduled to arrive at 2:39 p.m. EDT.

Washington Dulles

United 923: Left Heathrow at 10:05 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 1:05 p.m. EDT.

Dallas/Fort Worth

British Airways 2193: Left London Gatwick at 11:58 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 2:30 p.m. CDT.

Houston

British Airways 2025: Left London Gatwick at 10:58 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 3:02 p.m. CDT.

magpie said:
Hey kato! :D Long time no see! Good to see ya girl. No, I've never heard of a Coke Blak before. Is it like black cherry coke or something?

Hey girl! Was wondering if it was you. Good to see ya too. It's like a mixture of coke and coffee.

IdahoMom said:
You don't need smacking! :)

The scary thing is that Al Qaeda has recruited people of all ethnicities (and females, too)...so, how do you determine who the terrorists are? We can't think that all men of MID are terrorists...that would be wrong. So, I wonder what the solution is?
Us Aussies are so easy going......but we really cant afford to be.. we get getting told its only a matter of time..the area I live in is a high target.....its very scarey.

kato said:
Hey girl! Was wondering if it was you. Good to see ya too. It's like a mixture of coke and coffee.

Yep, it's me! You didn't recognize me, lol? :p Coke and coffee??? I dunno kato, I'm a coffee freak but that sounds just awful!

magpie said:
Yep, it's me! You didn't recognize me, lol? :p Coke and coffee??? I dunno kato, I'm a coffee freak but that sounds just awful!

LOL Everyone who tastes it say it tastes like cough syrup.

dingo said:
Us Aussies are so easy going......but we really cant afford to be.. we get getting told its only a matter of time..the area I live in is a high target.....its very scarey.

Dingo, after 9/11 they told us in the US to report any and everything you saw that struck you as not quite right, suspicious, out of the ordinary, etc. In other words, if it sets off your hinky meter, go with your intincts and report it. If somebody is loitering where you think they shouldn't be, taking pictures of something that doesn't make sense (it's not a tourist attraction) -- report it. You can't be too careful.

-Six to 10 flights were targeted, U.S. officials said.

-U.S. and British officials said some suspects could still be on the loose and their investigations were continuing.

-The plot was "as sophisticated as any we have seen in recent years as far as terrorism is concerned," Chertoff said.

-Police said they were still raiding businesses and homes, and Chertoff said it was unclear if all suspects were in custody.

-Chertoff said the plotters were "getting close to the execution phase."

-"There were very concrete steps under way to execute all elements of the plan," he said.

-Britain's threat warning level has been raised to "critical" -- meaning an attack is expected imminently.

scandi said:
No liquids on board as the threat involved liquid chemicals. Amazing.

Do you think this will trickle down to flights leaving America for Paris within the week? We are at the highest alert level. My sister and her 3 kids fly back to Paris after vacationing here, and one of her girls is in a wheelchair. I bet she will be put through the wringer!

Scandi
this really stinks that some *advertiser censored**holes can mess up flying for the rest of us non-threatening people. I'll do whatever it takes to comply and be safe, it's just a big inconvenience though :(

PrayersForMaura said:
this really stinks that some *advertiser censored**holes can mess up flying for the rest of us non-threatening people. I'll do whatever it takes to comply and be safe, it's just a big inconvenience though :(
These idiots want to take over the WORLD.......:loser:
Whatever it takes...:razz:

9/11 scared alot of people from ever flying again. Even though these guys may have been thwarted I bet it'll scare a bunch more folks from flying and there go the airlines suffering again and airfares going back up in conjunction from already being up due to gas prices. Round and Round. A vicious circle.

Gov. Schwarzenegger activates National Guard troops to bolster security at California airports because of the London airline terror plot, The Associated Press reports.

Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney ordered the National Guard to Boston's Logan Airport, and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger ordered the National Guard to airports in his state.

CNN.com

christine2448 said:
Gov. Schwarzenegger activates National Guard troops to bolster security at California airports because of the London airline terror plot, The Associated Press reports.

Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney ordered the National Guard to Boston's Logan Airport, and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger ordered the National Guard to airports in his state.

CNN.com

The head guy of our local airport is having a PC now. He says we have 4 flights from the UK scheduled to arrive here. They started the flights last night and as far as he knows they are still enroute.

And the latest plot seems to have validated the assumption that terrorists would be more likely to try and confound airport security measures by smuggling a bomb on board in pieces and assembling it in mid-flight. The particularly devious innovation of the London plotters was their alleged use of liquid explosives, which are easily concealed in many of the items found in most travelers' hand luggage — perfume, hair gel, deodorant, medicines, drinks, toothpaste, lotions, and so on — and is extremely difficult to detect. Metal detectors will obviously miss them. While there have been some 'puffer' explosive-detection machines placed in some U.S. airports, they are few and far between — and aren't made to detect liquid explosives in sealed containers. Liquid explosives also attack airline security's weakest point — the Transportation Security Administration screeners. They are the burger-flippers of the entire security system, and the chances of even the best of them visually identifying a liquid explosive in an innocuous bottle are slim — that's why Israel's Ben Gurion airport has a laboratory in the basement to conduct instant tests of liquids found on suspect passengers. If the U.S. system lacks sufficient technology to detect liquid explosives, and if it relies on the TSA screeners to ID possible terrorists, it is, at best, a wire mesh fence.

time.com

kato said:
The head guy of our local airport is having a PC now. He says we have 4 flights from the UK scheduled to arrive here. They started the flights last night and as far as he knows they are still enroute.
Yep, a few posts back I posted all the flights in air coming across to US from UK, included was where they would be landing and times.

I only saw 2 going to TX, but they may not have given us all the info?

Dallas/Fort Worth

British Airways 2193:
Left London Gatwick at 11:58 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 2:30 p.m. CDT.

Houston

British Airways 2025: Left London Gatwick at 10:58 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 3:02 p.m. CDT.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15
Back