UK police say terror plot thwarted.Planes from United Kingdom to America

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's an updated list Kato (the first list I posted was in post # 206):

Baltimore/Washington

British Airways 229: Left London Heathrow, scheduled to arrive at 5:05 p.m. EDT.

Charlotte

US Air 95: Left London Gatwick, scheduled to arrive at 4:53 p.m. EDT.

Cincinnati

Delta 37: Left Gatwick, scheduled to arrive nati at 4:46 p.m. CDT

Dallas/Fort Worth

British Airways 2193: Left Gatwick at 11:58 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 2:30 p.m. CDT.

Houston

British Airways 2025: Left Gatwick at 10:58 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 3:02 p.m. CDT.

New York JFK

American Airlines 115: Left Heathrow at 10:03 a.m. BST, one hour and thirty minutes late. It's now scheduled to arrive at at 12:30 p.m. EDT.

British Airways 117: Left Heathrow at 11:30 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 1:55 p.m. EDT, two hours and 40 minutes late.

British Airways 175: Left Heathrow, scheduled to arrive at 2:39 p.m. EDT.

British Airways 1503: Left Manchester, scheduled to arrive at 3:23 p.m. EDT, according to JFK arrivals board.

Virgin Atlantic 3: Left Heathrow, scheduled to arrive at 3:49 p.m. EDT.

San Francisco

Virgin Atlantic 19: Left Heathrow, scheduled to arrive at 4:58 p.m. PDT.

Washington Dulles

United 923: Left Heathrow at 10:05 a.m. BST, scheduled to arrive at 1:05 p.m. EDT.

The Houston flight, prolly IAH right? Not Hobby? Cause it's international? Kato?

chicoliving said:
So all these flights left after the disrupted plot was announced??
Yeppers....and I Gaaarrrruuuunteeeee you I wouldn't be on ANY of them!

Charlotte
US Air 95:
Left London Gatwick, scheduled to arrive at 4:53 p.m. EDT.

I wonder if this one is Charlotte NC??

dancingdaisy said:
Charlotte
US Air 95: Left London Gatwick, scheduled to arrive at 4:53 p.m. EDT.

I wonder if this one is Charlotte NC??
I think so dancingdaisy...I did a quick google for "Charlotte Airport" and it gave me a bunch of sites on NC.

gosh! thats scary i live 20 minutes from Charlotte probably 45 min from Charlotte-Douglas airport because of traffic :eek:

oh my ... so all these flights that are still in the air ... what is being done?
Are passengers being searched?

What about bathrooms?

i know this is an invasion of privacy, but they need to have cameras on the planes, and probably in bathrooms, too.

PrayersForMaura said:
oh my ... so all these flights that are still in the air ... what is being done?
Are passengers being searched?

What about bathrooms?

i know this is an invasion of privacy, but they need to have cameras on the planes, and probably in bathrooms, too.
My take is that all is well since those were the flights that took off after all this was announced. When this was breaking news earlier today we just didn't know if there were flights already in the air or not but it seems not.

My title clerk left on a flight this morning for Phoenix out of Denver at around 7 am. Her daughter works here also. She called and said they took her toothpaste.

BarnGoddess said:
My title clerk left on a flight this morning for Phoenix out of Denver at around 7 am. Her daughter works here also. She called and said they took her toothpaste.
The next thing is taking tampons...sorry had to say that.
Anything can be put inside of them....
Don't know how much liquid it takes to make a bomb thou.
Anyone know?

Pharlap said:
The next thing is taking tampons...sorry had to say that.
Anything can be put inside of them....
Don't know how much liquid it takes to make a bomb thou.
Anyone know?

Pharlap, I heard this morning on the news (wish I could link an article for you, but can't find it right now, no time to look) that apparently what they uncovered was a plan for liquid bombs and that they would have 2 different (or more?) containers of liquid that would become a bomb when combined.

anyone else hear this?

Karole28 said:
Pharlap, I heard this morning on the news (wish I could link an article for you, but can't find it right now, no time to look) that apparently what they uncovered was a plan for liquid bombs and that they would have 2 different (or more?) containers of liquid that would become a bomb when combined.

anyone else hear this?
Hiya Karole, yes, I have heard this....also a quote from Time article I read this morning...kinda relating

And the latest plot seems to have validated the assumption that terrorists would be more likely to try and confound airport security measures by smuggling a bomb on board in pieces and assembling it in mid-flight.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1225032,00.html?cnn=yes

christine2448 said:
Hiya Karole, yes, I have heard this....quote from Time article I read this morning

And the latest plot seems to have validated the assumption that terrorists would be more likely to try and confound airport security measures by smuggling a bomb on board in pieces and assembling it in mid-flight.

Ugh. That's not scary.

I am SO glad I rarely fly anymore.

christine2448 said:
Hiya Karole, yes, I have heard this....also a quote from Time article I read this morning...kinda relating

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1225032,00.html?cnn=yes
Christine2448, I am still giggling about how you LV the WS people of the political pages but, you had to leave. You sounded exactly like me......Outtahere!
It is very interesting....all those differences of opinion. Quite wild sometimes...but, always informative and interesting.
We have to keep flying......enjoying this earth.... just hold your breath and go for it!

Sundayrain said:
Christine2448, I am still giggling about how you LV the WS people of the political pages but, you had to leave. You sounded exactly like me......Outtahere!
It is very interesting....all those differences of opinion. Quite wild sometimes...but, always informative and interesting.
We have to keep flying......enjoying this earth.... just hold your breath and go for it!
Thanks Sunday, glad to know I am not the only one :blowkiss:

christine2448 said:
Thanks Sunday, glad to know I am not the only one :blowkiss:

Seriously guys, post MORE in PP. You don't have to be a Poli-Sci major to get involved (G*d knows I don't know a lot). That doesn't mean you don't have opinions!

We wanna hear em!
:crazy:

Karole28 said:
Seriously guys, post MORE in PP. You don't have to be a Poli-Sci major to get involved (G*d knows I don't know a lot). That doesn't mean you don't have opinions!

We wanna hear em!
:crazy:
Thanks for the invite Karole, however, I don't like being 'bashed' and that happens a lot in there, specially if you don't know what your talking about, which is my case......IMO we can discuss the same subjects w/o having to go in PP, seeeee, look here, same exact story, totally different postings/conversations going on. Don't you like this one better? ;)

I don't know if this has been posted yet and if it was I apologize. But authorities are saying that this was going to be a dry run for the terrorists.

Link

Terror Plot Suspects Planned 'Dry-Run' of Attacks in Next 2 Days, Sources Say

Thursday, August 10, 2006

LONDON — Suspects arrested Thursday for planning to stage a massive mid-air terror attacked were in the final stages of planning and planned to run a dry-run of the plan within two days, U.S. intelligence officers said Thursday.

One official said the suicide attackers planned to use a peroxide-based solution that could ignite when sparked by a camera flash or another electronic device.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back