UK police say terror plot thwarted.Planes from United Kingdom to America

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
christine2448 said:
Thanks for the invite Karole, however, I don't like being 'bashed' and that happens a lot in there, specially if you don't know what your talking about, which is my case......IMO we can discuss the same subjects w/o having to go in PP, seeeee, look here, same exact story, totally different postings/conversations going on. Don't you like this one better? ;)

It is awfully civil here..

Now, how to change that...muwhahaha! :laugh:

It is nice to see everyone posting here. I learned a lot about what's going on today by reading through your posts. It's particularly nice because everyone is so geographically spread out, we can get a more personalized view of what's going on, where.

This is indeed a lovely respite from all of the arguing.

I am betting that pretty soon we won't be able to have carry-on luggage at all. Not that I have a problem with that if it helps us safety wise. Just a thought.

MrsMush99 said:
One official said the suicide attackers planned to use a peroxide-based solution that could ignite when sparked by a camera flash or another electronic device.

another electronic device being a cell phone or a remote car starter/key.

How horrifying is that?

The 2 guys arrested in Ohio today had 600 cell phones with them.

MrsMush99 said:
I don't know if this has been posted yet and if it was I apologize. But authorities are saying that this was going to be a dry run for the terrorists.

Link

Terror Plot Suspects Planned 'Dry-Run' of Attacks in Next 2 Days, Sources Say

Thursday, August 10, 2006

LONDON — Suspects arrested Thursday for planning to stage a massive mid-air terror attacked were in the final stages of planning and planned to run a dry-run of the plan within two days, U.S. intelligence officers said Thursday.

One official said the suicide attackers planned to use a peroxide-based solution that could ignite when sparked by a camera flash or another electronic device.
No MrsMush, I had heard this, thanks for the post. I 'm going to link now.

I read a post last night at SM written by a poster who was in the store when these guys bought all the cell phones they had. People that were aware of it were quite alarmed as to what these guys were going to do with all of these cell phones!

Scandi

I'm glad they didn't let them do the dry run - one slip, or someone changes their mind, and it's no longer just a dry run!

It's being reported that one of the plotters arrested worked at Heathrow in a ground crew capacity. Great. That's what I've been afraid of the whole time since 9/11.

scandi said:
I read a post last night at SM written by a poster who was in the store when these guys bought all the cell phones they had. People that were aware of it were quite alarmed as to what these guys were going to do with all of these cell phones!

Scandi

Did anyone notify the authorities??

On the Glen Beck program (Headline News network), he mentioned about these two men arrested last week in Ohio, that I had previously not heard about. I looked up the story and in light of today's unravelling of this terroristic plot, it certainly seems relevant.

Two laundered money for Hizbollah: Ohio prosecutor

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:52pm ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Two 20-year-old men arrested in Ohio and found with airport security information and airline passenger lists were being held on Thursday on state charges of money laundering on behalf of Hizbollah, authorities said.

The two men, Ali Houssaiky and Osama Abulhassan, of Dearborn, Michigan, were apprehended during a traffic stop in Marietta, Ohio, on Tuesday.

They had $11,000 in cash, 12 cell phones a map marking Wal-Mart stores from Ohio to South Carolina, in addition to passenger lists and airport information, said a spokesman for the Washington County prosecutor's office. --> more at link
========================

If you can get Beck's show on one of the replays later, imo it's worth tuning in to at least the first 5-10 minutes. Actually his entire program is worth watching.

If this has already been discussed today, my apologies as I just came online.

ETC The two guys were arrested on Tuesday of this week, not last week, as I stated above.

The cell phones are something that all terrorists of all stripes know about - the only way to keep in contact without being listened in on. And they need a ton of them because they switch frequently, or run the minutes out. It's interesting, and I saw something saying that WalMart employees are noticing these purchases and reporting them, but it doesn't really link two groups of people together, except in that they both want to avoid LE.

Pharlap said:
Ditto.
Anyone know?

Yes I believe they did. I could have read that at CTV but I don't think so. They were discussing the bomb thwarting at SM on the Natalee Holloway blog.

The poster was quite excited that wrote it, as you can imagine.

Scandi

Karole28 said:
Seriously guys, post MORE in PP. You don't have to be a Poli-Sci major to get involved (G*d knows I don't know a lot). That doesn't mean you don't have opinions!

We wanna hear em!
:crazy:
Karole28, are you kidding? You do just great over there. You amaze me.......your like the" little train who could.".......You and Cal is it??? He is fun too because he says what I would say if I could dare go there. He sounds like Glenn Beck. My sister and I just love watching Glenn. There are some very sharp people over there. They have done their homework. But, one night of that was enough .... I was laughing though because that one guy ? He was saying " I'm listening to the crickets and just waiting for your reply"...when they asked where he was....I dont think you'll convince me or Christine to take on the group.......but, I sure enjoy their conversation. I have to give you big STARS for your good words.....Sunday

Sundayrain said:
Karole28, are you kidding? You do just great over there. You amaze me.......your like the" little train who could.".......You and Cal is it??? He is fun too because he says what I would say if I could dare go there. He sounds like Glenn Beck. My sister and I just love watching Glenn. There are some very sharp people over there. They have done their homework. But, one night of that was enough .... I was laughing though because that one guy ? He was saying " I'm listening to the crickets and just waiting for your reply"...when they asked where he was....I dont think you'll convince me or Christine to take on the group.......but, I sure enjoy their conversation. I have to give you big STARS for your good words.....Sunday

Awww Girlie!

You are much too kind, thank you.

I just have a perverted desire to torture myself. I try to keep from reading over there...and then slowly start reading again and after a couple of days of letting stuff just lie there unchallenged, I lose it and post again.

I need to start knitting or something. :doh:

Thank you again, I needed to hear this today!

-- U.S. officials say British agent infiltrated alleged airline terror
cell, and cell members met suspected Al Qaeda operative in Pakistan.

BillyGoatGruff said:
It's being reported that one of the plotters arrested worked at Heathrow in a ground crew capacity. Great. That's what I've been afraid of the whole time since 9/11.

I did hear a little about this before hubby came home and took control of my TV set. Any more news about one of them being an employee at the airport?

dingo said:
Ahhhhh Bali bombings......we buried 118 Aussies...still waiting for the ringleader to be shot on some lonely beach
Hi Dingo, :)
I remember the Bali bombings and what happened after.
I remember discussing at work what the Brigadier General did after Ali Imron (bomber sentenced to life for the bombings) was jailed.In june of 2004,the General took Ali from the Jakarta Police Headquarters to Starbucks in a mall in Idonesia for 3 hours and then to the Hard Rock Cafe.He was taken from the prison in Denpasar,Bali to the Jakarta Police station,after he was sentenced to life in prison.When the press saw this,Ali stated that it was normal for the General to take him on outings.The General was head the Indonesian drugs and narcotics at the time.He said that he was getting information from Ali.
I can say that we were disgusted that this took place and if the General had such a good rapport with Ali,the prisoner would not have had to be taken out of a secure prison into the public for information.
Apparently the General was trying to get info from Ali on an unrelated case.

It is odd that they went to a mall,when it was said that malls were listed as one of the places that a terrorist bomber would strike when they went on this outing.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

BillyGoatGruff said:

I've found the answer to your question (and mine) BillyGoatGruff, tucked inside a newsarticle.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html?eref=yahoo

Among those arrested were a Muslim charity worker and a Heathrow Airport employee with an all-area access pass, according to Britain's Channel 4.

In my opinion this should be a headline. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15
Back