GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see the police have suspects.
I've had a bad feeling about Becky this whole time.
I too found the dads TOTM comment odd, but since he was a single dad to her, he might have had to teach her about this stuff and it wouldn't be so strange.
I know some single dads that have had to do this.
Glad they found a laptop and hopefully it is hers & there is some evidence on it.
Poor Becky :rose:

My son attends KTS training, he's doing an apprenticeship and attended a mainstream school until 16. He doesnt have any kind of issues at all!!

Hi Webnut,

Sorry,
didn't mean to cause any offence,it was late 90's to mid 2000's I was there and it most certainly has changed since then. They are/were a fabulous resource and I'm sure have benefited your son and many other young people in finding their way into a career rather than a job.
Hope you're son completes his apprenticeship successfully and excels in his chosen career.
:)

Two Held Over Missing Teen Becky Watts

The arrests follow the discovery of a discarded laptop in woodland close to where the missing teen was last seen over a week ago.

The grey Toshiba, uncovered by volunteers who joined over 100 friends and family scouring the area, has been handed to investigators.

So it was a Toshiba, wish we knew what make Becky's laptop was!

Indeed, Cherwell - but that does tend to imply that someone would be potentially identifiable from the age and possibly gender - so someone whose name has come up at some pint in media coverage?

Not necessarily. The media pack are all over the neighbourhood trying to get information out of people. They will know the names, addresses and ages of most of the family, friends and neighbours by now.

Hi Webnut,

Sorry,
didn't mean to cause any offence,it was late 90's to mid 2000's I was there and it most certainly has changed since then. They are/were a fabulous resource and I'm sure have benefited your son and many other young people in finding their way into a career rather than a job.
Hope you're son completes his apprenticeship successfully and excels in his chosen career.
:)
Its ok, I hadnt realised it had that kind of reputation, we dont live near Fishponds so only know of it through my sons employer. I just wouldnt lump everyone into the same category, there are kids there that are doing apprenticeships ie natural progression from school and into employment whilst getting a vocational qualification. :)

So she could have been going into the training centre during the holidays to catch up on work or get extra help perhaps? Also explains why she would have her laptop. Still bad that the police didn't make more effort to clear the parents name in the media, maybe they were trying to rule them out first.

So she could have been going into the training centre during the holidays to catch up on work or get extra help perhaps? Also explains why she would have her laptop. Still bad that the police didn't make more effort to clear the parents name in the media, maybe they were trying to rule them out first.

I think it would be a tricky time to clear the parents publicly whilst searching the car.

Or that's what someone wants us to think...

If that was the case surely she'd have been picked up on cctv...

It would make sense for her to have been near Vassals if visiting KTS...

My gut tells me she never went anywhere near Fishpond on that day though...

Plus the people arrested are from St George, by her house I believe, so that puts the focus back to that area.

Also seems mighty convenient to me that if the laptop is hers that it was found there,family organised search who also knew the other green areas near the house had been searched and cleared.

On the fence for now,I guess.

MOO

Good to see the police have suspects.
I've had a bad feeling about Becky this whole time.
I too found the dads TOTM comment odd, but since he was a single dad to her, he might have had to teach her about this stuff and it wouldn't be so strange.
I know some single dads that have had to do this.
Glad they found a laptop and hopefully it is hers & there is some evidence on it.
Poor Becky :rose:

I agree with you there....in the UK it's not at all unusual for Fathers to know all about and discuss their daughter's periods. Not ALL families admittedly but many would think it normal that he would know her routine with it etc. Not that his posting on FB about it wasn't odd...it was I think.

I think it would be a tricky time to clear the parents publicly whilst searching the car.

I thought the car search was a few days ago? Did they check it again today?

The Bristol Post says
The arrests were made this afternoon - at the same time as dozens of people were searching the Oldbury Court Estate for clues to where Becky may be.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missin...tory-26099066-detail/story.html#ixzz3T48fD89k

So that implies they were people not at the search. (I'm sure someone would have noticed and publicised it if it had been there.)

Plus the people arrested are from St George, by her house I believe, so that puts the focus back to that area.

I don't think any details have been given. This is probably a misinterpretation of the police statement:

Detective Superintendent Liz Tunks, heading up the investigation team, said: "This afternoon we have arrested two people in connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts on Thursday 19 February from the St George area of Bristol."

She means that Becky disappeared from St George.

@itvnews: Search continues for missing teenager Becky Watts after two arrests, @DuncanGolestani reports http://t.co/wK5TlTh6eR http://t.co/tlRQMaxOKB

View attachment 70332
They are searching the top of a hill, far from town by the looks of the background. :(

My mind is blown. I just spent the last couple of hours reading this thread. The first 31 pages are all "daddy did it" - which I totally bought into also because of the weird interview and what appeared to be him guiding minds to think 'this or that' - and finally on page 32 there are two arrests, and neither include the father. I'm glad it wasn't that sort of betrayal, but I'm devastated for Becky and her parents.

I don't think any details have been given. This is probably a misinterpretation of the police statement:

Detective Superintendent Liz Tunks, heading up the investigation team, said: "This afternoon we have arrested two people in connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts on Thursday 19 February from the St George area of Bristol."

She means that Becky disappeared from St George.
I understood it to mean the arrested were from St. George.

I didn't think him. I believed his pain was genuine. But I do believe it is from within their circle somewhere x

Uncle Joe quoted:

Her uncle Joe Galsworthy - who arranged public searches on Wednesday and today - said the family were still hoping to find her 'safe and well'.
'The only thing we know about the arrests is that they were made in St George. We don't know who or why they arrested them.'The arrests were not as a direct result of today's search but both searches have been successful in finding items which police have taken to analyse. Whether they're related to Becky or not we don't know as of yet.
'It hasn't exactly filled us with confidence but it has in no way, shape or form dampened our spirits or hope that we will find Becky safe and well.
'Family is the most important thing in the world and should always be treasured as something irreplaceable. I hope and pray that she makes a safe return.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-16-year-old-fears-continue-grow-safety.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en