GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the sex/kidnap/teen SMS jokes being red herrings.
If my husband was in the bathroom cutting pipes I would be wanting to watch and help (or laugh) but he really wouldn't do something like that.
SH is obviously not sincere but let's hope the prosecution get a chance to have a go with her.
Please someone tell me was she taken to hospital the night he fessed up about murder, or the next night (after the weeping video)? They said it was a short visit to a dr. When did she have/lose/abort the twins then? If she was 18weeks at the time of arrest, was that too late for a termination under UK law?

Don't know what's happened to my last post! I copied and pasted it from my phone. I will try and fix now...then read back to see what I missed!
It's ok, it gave me some work to do. Lol!

Personally I'm waiting for this to be confirmed by JI before drawing any conclusions from it - it could be that, for example, JI said "my mate and a woman were arguing" and that became "a man and a woman were arguing".

Come to think of it, I wonder if it could be DD and JP who were arguing? It sounded as if JI got to the house (whichever one it was) and a man and a woman who were already in the house were arguing, in which case it can't be either NM or KD because they were with him.

Yes, good point. the wording could have altered slightly from my mate to a man

Plus, if I recall correctly, DD had stated that he had been asked to move out of Barton Court - so perhaps he was arguing with JP re this.

good morning all.

well, with the revelation in court yesterday that SH had planned to kidnap a child for very similar purposes when she was younger, a fact that was very mysteriously missing from the court tweets, the penny has dropped for me finally.

I see it went like this. NM was going to kidnap Becky as he says. SH would stay at the house with their child, or they would go with him, it matters not because Becky wouldn't see them as she was in the car boot.

It went terribly wrong. NM's fibromyalgia prevented him from managing Becky. She had one arm free, two legs free and she was kicking him, refused to cooperate, knew it was him and was screaming. The child would hear. He needed SH's help.

SH now knew that Becky knew it was them. No returning from this. She knew it had to be done, NM wouldn't do it.

NM has mucked up their 'simple' plan. SH won't let him forget it - he gave her no choice, she had to do it to get them out of the mess he caused. He is inadequate with his fibro - meaning that is how he feels not what I think.

It is now either they both go down or just he does. What incentive is there for him to confess to SH's part? - none.

All my opinions only.

There are two newly released police interrogation clips with the female suspect, which were conducted after the male suspect had been officially charged. They are revealing as these were moments the police were deciding themselves whether to charge her as well.

The third interrogation clip is interesting.

AKAIK there are only 3 video clips of SH being interviewed which are currently available for public viewing. The first two are voluntary interviews at which point neither SH or NM had been arrested. The first from 26th February and the second from 27th February.

The third clip is from the morning of 3rd March. At this point both SH and NM were under arrest for suspicion for murder, NM having confessed to killing Becky late evening on 2nd March. It was not until the afternoon of the 4th March that NM was charged with murder and SH was charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.

On the 22nd June NM and SH were charged with conspiracy to kidnap and SH was also charged with murder.

ETA Apologies, I had forgotten about the 4th clip

well, with the revelation in court yesterday that SH had planned to kidnap a child for very similar purposes when she was younger, a fact that was very mysteriously missing from the court tweets, the penny has dropped for me finally.
Woah. Where did you read this revelation? If there is a link please share it.
Thought I was being clever following all the tweets but it seems some very interesting details are missed.

AKAIK there are only 3 video clips of SH being interviewed which are currently available for public viewing. The first two are voluntary interviews at which point neither SH or NM had been arrested. The first from 26th February and the second from 27th February.

The third clip is from the morning of 3rd March. At this point both SH and NM were under arrest for suspicion for murder, NM having confessed to killing Becky late evening on 2nd March. It was not until the afternoon of the 4th March that NM was charged with murder and SH was charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.

On the 22nd June NM and SH were charged with conspiracy to kidnap and SH was also charged with murder.

morning Clio, there are two video clips of SH interviews post NM's confession.

One where she is wearing a navy top, the other wearing a beige top. they are both on this thread somewhere.

Woah. Where did you read this revelation? If there is a link please share it.
Thought I was being clever following all the tweets but it seems some very interesting details are missed.

Becky Watts's stepbrother Nathan Matthews told the court how his girlfriend Shauna Hoare once told him of a plan in her childhood to kidnap a boy to scare him, so he would not run away from home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-family-bury-say-goodbye.html#ixzz3pwxLA3Ik
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just trying to catch up today but don't really have time to read through everything unfortunately. I read the UK & Eire Facebook updates yesterday so I am more or less up to speed about what has happened in court.

Could someone explain to me why 'we know that SH was involved for sure' (paraphrasing another member, sorry I can't remember who said it) - I was under the impression that although improbable and highly unlikely, it is not impossible that she knew nothing of the murder.

The law is black and white - if she knew after the fact and kept it from the police, for any length of time, then she should be punished for that. However I do think there could be mitigating factors which could go towards reducing her sentence if this is what they decide. Was she scared of NM? Did he threaten her if she did find out? Was she terrified of her daughter and unborn twins being taken from her? If she has been lying all this time then that is clearly a mistake, but I personally at the very least believe she was not part of any plot to harm Becky. I think she is genuinely horrified by what NM has done.

Unlike others, I don't find her behaviour in the interviews suspicious. How do we really know how we would react to the enormity of such a situation? Probably with shock. It probably wouldn't seem real or sink in immediately to be able to come to terms with it and show real emotions. She may have felt like she HAS to feign upset in those interviews, as it would be more suspicious not to.

A couple of years ago one of my best friends lost her mother to suicide. She was the one who found her, hanging in her bedroom. I'm sure you'll all agree that is a horrendously traumatic thing for a 24 year old to go through. But her reaction to it was not what I would ever have expected. I did not see or hear her cry about it once - not even at the funeral. And she was very close to her mother. To everyone outside she seemed to be incredibly strong, to the point of unfeeling. She has told me since that the whole thing, the emotion and the loss and anger, none of that hit her until after the funeral. She felt guilty about it - she told me she'd actually felt as if she had to fake the emotion at points because it was what people expected of her, and she felt like there was something wrong with her - but that it all just felt like a terrible dream until she had time to grieve.

Imagine finding out that your boyfriend, the father of your kids, the only person you really had in life had done this to someone, to you, and having to sit through hour after hour of probing interviews. I for one have no idea how I would cope with that.

Did the FB database updates include this bit of information about SH's idea of kidnapping someone when she was younger? I don't recall reading it anywhere but the Mail.
The Bristol Post FB is quite an entertaining read too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know what's happened to my last post! I copied and pasted it from my phone. I will try and fix now...then read back to see what I missed!

Dont want to requote all your post - but my take is still that it was done in the loft - we were told the loft was floor to ceiling with bags - I would love to know how much of a forensic check was done in there - NM did confess only 2 days after the house search began and if they were told the bathroom was the scene of the dismemberment, then they would have rightly concentrated their resources at that spot.

NM would say it was the bathroom because it is believable that he could have done it on his own there.
If he said it was the loft, there is no way he could have got a body up there on his own. They only had a step ladder to get into the loft. He is quite short and, if we believe all his medical statements, he is not in the best of health and would have needed assistance.

I dont buy SHs story about using a bucket for days - which conflicts anyway with NMs statement that he did all the work required on the Friday afternoon whilst SH was at his mother's house ( despite not having the cling film to hand until the Saturday )

talking of which - there is an interesting * spot * on the Asda shopping video that has been noted by someone.....watch the check out bit, and SHs arms and sleeves.

good morning all.

I see it went like this. NM was going to kidnap Becky as he says. SH would stay at the house with their child, or they would go with him, it matters not because Becky wouldn't see them as she was in the car boot.

It went terribly wrong. NM's fibromyalgia prevented him from managing Becky. She had one arm free, two legs free and she was kicking him, refused to cooperate, knew it was him and was screaming. The child would hear. He needed SH's help.

SH now knew that Becky knew it was them. No returning from this. She knew it had to be done, NM wouldn't do it.

NM has mucked up their 'simple' plan. SH won't let him forget it - he gave her no choice, she had to do it to get them out of the mess he caused. He is inadequate with his fibro - meaning that is how he feels not what I think.

It is now either they both go down or just he does. What incentive is there for him to confess to SH's part? - none.

All my opinions only.

Hi Tortoise, the bit in bold above, I had not heard this. Do you have a link? Thanks

I agree about the sex/kidnap/teen SMS jokes being red herrings.
If my husband was in the bathroom cutting pipes I would be wanting to watch and help (or laugh) but he really wouldn't do something like that.
SH is obviously not sincere but let's hope the prosecution get a chance to have a go with her.
Please someone tell me was she taken to hospital the night he fessed up about murder, or the next night (after the weeping video)? They said it was a short visit to a dr. When did she have/lose/abort the twins then? If she was 18weeks at the time of arrest, was that too late for a termination under UK law?

I believe she could have had a termination up to 24 weeks.

morning Clio, there are two video clips of SH interviews post NM's confession.

One where she is wearing a navy top, the other wearing a beige top. they are both on this thread somewhere.

Hi Tortoise. Apologies, you are correct. The one with the beige top (about 9:40 long) is from the morning of the 3rd and the one with the navy top is from the evening of the 3rd (about 2:00 long). I had forgotten about the latter :eek:

talking of which - there is an interesting * spot * on the Asda shopping video that has been noted by someone.....watch the check out bit, and SHs arms and sleeves.

Snipped for space. What am I looking at? Nothing looks odd about her arms or sleeves?

Snipped for space. What am I looking at? Nothing looks odd about her arms or sleeves?
I've just watched it twice and can't see anything. Can someone elaborate? The time it happens at would help.

Do we have idea why this would have been omitted from the court tweets? I was looking at loads of journos, not just one or two and I saw nothing about this at all!

I know they have some reporting restrictions but I can't see why it wasn't reported. Unless it was deemed inadmissible by the judge perhaps......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3