GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds as though they have the suitcase in court....
I would so like to see a photo of it. If it is the one we have previously seen ( the red one ) it did not look anywhere near large enough to put Becky into.

And he's refusing to look at it. Hypocrite. My heart bleeds for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 6m6 minutes ago
'The whole point was to shock and scare her, not for her to know it was me' Matthews says.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 3m3 minutes ago
Matthews telling court, once he got Becky out her room he put tape around her mouth, and turned her around all by himself

Says he didn't have to restrain her to do this. Pros claim it'd be 'so much easier with an extra pair of hands' NM concedes this

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 1m1 minute ago
After turning Becky around NM says he then got the hand cuffs from the suitcase - which was in reach and put them on

Strange to emphasis 'all by himself', as we know that, as he has said all along it was just him. Could it be a slip - all by himself AT THAT POINT?? Or all by himself, despite someone else being there to help.

What if it wasn't the mask slipping that alerted Becky to who it was .... what if SH just happened to open the door to see what all the noise was? That would give things away. What if SH noticed something through the window when she was in the garden and came to investigate? She might not have realised what was happening - maybe just suspicious of what MN was doing in Becky's bedroom?

And why did he get Becky out of her room? If he was exposing her to more of the house, it was more likely she'd see SH or at least hear the tv on (childrens programmes) and realise who was in the house.

TV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 7m7 minutes ago
Matthews says he threw the mask, and his beanie hat, into a bin very close to Hoare's mother's house

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 5m5 minutes ago
He says he doesn't know why he treated the mask and the beanie hat different to the other items he put in the shed

Pros ask NM if he made up the mask to convince everybody of his plan to kidnap #beckywatts NM denies this is the case.

I am loving the prosecution today!

Me too. I shouldn't be laughing but he is making NM look like a farce, it's hilarious.

OMG! I had to watch it three times, as the first time I was watching Nathan's sleeves, but *yes*. She pushes her cardigan sleeves down over her hands when she picks the bags up out of NM's way (he is scanning and packing). So she will not leave fingerprints or DNA.

Watch it if you haven't yet: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-used-dream-psycho-boyfriend-dump-her.html

This is another nail in her coffin, IMO. I presume the police have noticed this.

I'm not convinced, I watched it over and over and and yes, I think he'she sleeves are pulled down but at some point during the video you can see her hands on the bags.

I dont think it would make much sense to have him scanning and packing with his bare hands but her allegedly knowing what they were doing covering her hands - it was February, if they were doing so with any knowledge of hiding fingerprints it wouldn't have looked out of place to wear gloves.

I can help post tweets this morning. Siobhan's so far

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 21 secs21 seconds ago
Pro:you went up there in anger and temper because she thought it was rather pathetic what your were doing and you lost it and killed her?

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 29 secs29 seconds ago
PRO:What do you say to the suggestion you didn't have a disguise....

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 2 mins2 minutes ago
NM says how many times do I have to repeat it, can't remember exact words

Pro:So did you say to her,would you mind getting into the suitcase please in your mystery voice?

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 5 mins5 minutes ago
Says suitcase ripped at 14 CML

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 5 mins5 minutes ago
Showing NM a suitcase, NM says he won't look at it, "cos I don't want to".Says if it's red and the top was ripped off then it's the one.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 7 mins7 minutes ago
Is it when we get down to the detail Mr Matthews it exposes your version as being complete and utter nonsense?NM: No it doesn't

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 8 mins8 minutes ago
Pros questioning if "all as easy as that" to do it alone.He says yes I do as that's what happened

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 9 mins9 minutes ago
NM says not sure,thinks so,that you can do it one or two handed

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 9 mins9 minutes ago
He says then put on handcuffs
So you reached out and picked up the handcuff with one hand?

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 15 mins15 minutes ago
Pros:In the prepared police statement he said during a short struggle,the mask slipped and I strangled her.NM says that's not what happened

NM:I never said the mask slipped and I killed her,I said the mask slipped. Then says that he put his hands over her eyes

Pro:Your whole reason of mentioning the mask is so you said the mask slipped and you killed her

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 16 mins16 minutes ago
Is it in fact when you went up to Becky's bedroom she knew exactly who you were?No,

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 16 mins16 minutes ago
And you made it up to support your suggestion that this was just a prank that went wrong?NO

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 17 mins17 minutes ago
Is it infact the case that you're lying about the fact that you had a mask on?NO

So why did you treat the hat and the mask differently?
I don't know,same as I don't know why I didn't chuck away the stun thing.

Pros say,every other item ended up in the shed-apart from stun gun?NM:yes

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 24 mins24 minutes ago
Says chucked hat,mask and bottles in a bin in Southmead

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 24 mins24 minutes ago
NM says he was also wearing a white mask.Says mask slipped.After crime he says mask went in suitcase.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 26 mins26 minutes ago
Says he was wearing a beanie, Pros asks if Becky would have recognised as he wore beanies fairly often say "not much of a disguise that"

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 27 mins27 minutes ago
Pros:suggesting he would have had to rush outside to get case and upstairs.NM says it was quick.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 29 mins29 minutes ago
Prosecution suggest it would have been quicker with help.NM says yes but I didn't have any help

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 29 mins29 minutes ago
So it was a short distance between the house so I could better move the suitcase into the car.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 30 mins30 minutes ago
What was the reason for reversing your car onto the driveway?

but obviously what I had in my head wasn't going to plan so that made it longer

I thought it would have been all really quick and it was really quick ...

How long did you think it would take you to subdue,imprison Becky and get her into your car?
NM:I would have thought maximum 5 minutes.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 31 mins31 minutes ago
How long does it take SH to smoke a cigarette?
Usually about 15mins

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 31 mins31 minutes ago
Pros asking why he took SH,potential witness to CH on that day?He says SH would have though odd if he went alone.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 32 mins32 minutes ago
NM says if Becky may have been out and if SH hadn't asked for a *advertiser censored* then he'd have to rethink.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 33 mins33 minutes ago
I think I would have had too much fear to actually go through with it.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 33 mins33 minutes ago
NM:Although I had the plan I didn't 100% think I would go through with it....

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 34 mins34 minutes ago
Did you want SH to come with me that day?I want SH to be with me all the time

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 40 mins40 minutes ago
NM says it wouldn't have been odd cos he says he often uses cases to collect stuff

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 40 mins40 minutes ago
Prosecution suggests that if he put suitcase with kidnap kit in car on day then it would have been in broad daylight in front of Shauna.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 41 mins41 minutes ago
Did you only decide you were going to do it that morning cos you had to check that Becky was in?NM:I think I did ask if Becky was in

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 41 mins41 minutes ago
Said items for kidnap came from 14 CML

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 42 mins42 minutes ago
Prosecutor William Mousley QC asking questions again
When did you assemble your kidnapping kit?
Matthews:Either that day or day before

And he's refusing to look at it. Hypocrite. My heart bleeds for him.

And it is the same one we have seen the photo of before..... maybe it is just the angle of the pic then, bcos that looks way too small to me

But the bag itself would not matter - as Rach pointed out, bags were free at that time and there is no way of tracing which bag was used on which day. It is the items that are important.

I'm not sure even the items are important as it is reasonable to assume that she could have unpacked them

"So did you say to her,would you mind getting into the suitcase please in your mystery voice?"

I think I'm developing a crush on this deeply sarcastic QC!

Why - when NM has a painful physical condition, does SH let him do all the scanning and handling of the items, I wonder? If she's more physically able, surely she would do it and let him have a break. Seems like either his fibro comes and goes at his own convenience, or she's trying not to touch the shopping.

He seems like the type of guy who might insist on it simply because she was pregnant.

Sounds as though he is changing his story. Originally he said he put the sellotape over Becky's mouth as soon as she opened her bedroom door. Now saying, after he got her out of her room ? he put the sellotape on - possibly using only one hand.

Also, he originally said the mask slipped and ,as she had recognised him, he strangled her...now he is saying that is not what he said before.

Mr Prosecution doing a very good job here.

Oh yes, this QC is brilliant, here's to more picking apart of N's "confession"

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 6m6 minutes ago
Matthews crying,handed tissues,court in short break

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 7m7 minutes ago
NM denies this saying he had mask "the whole point was to shock and scare her,not for her to know it was me"

Oh yes, this QC is brilliant, here's to more picking apart of N's "confession"

And using sarcasm and phrases like masterful plan and "did you use your mystery voice" to show up the ridiculous aspects of the story.

Why - when NM has a painful physical condition, does SH let him do all the scanning and handling of the items, I wonder? If she's more physically able, surely she would do it and let him have a break. Seems like either his fibro comes and goes at his own convenience, or she's trying not to touch the shopping.

Fibro doesn't mean you're paralysed. Plenty of people live normal lives whilst coping with it. It wouldn't ma'am he couldn't scan phosphor with ease. Also from personal experience, a lot of people are misdiagnosed with Fibro too ...

Court back,NM giving evidence again

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 26 secs26 seconds ago
Matthews denies he ever touched Becky 'inappropriately' either during, or after the incident #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 2 mins2 minutes ago
"Check it for DNA, it proves I've used it" Matthews tells court #beckywatts
e
ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 3 mins3 minutes ago
NM says he has a 'couple of different conflicting memories' about when he used the stun gun #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 4 mins4 minutes ago
Matthews says it was not easy to get #beckywatts into the suitcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members