GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it then be said 'Becky stayed over babysitting last night' rather than "Becky stayed at a friends"

I wonder if the "friends" could have been family friends, not just hers. Or, she could have sat for them before.

I'm trying to find the post again but I'm certain I saw mention of a caravan on one of the Findbecky Facebook pages/one of the family members Facebook. A woman posted something about letting Rebecca stay in her caravan if she didn't want to go back home. It seemed she knew Rebecca.

The fact that this house had two children living in it makes me think a couple lived there and are the two who were arrested yesterday. What on earth has happened to this poor girl?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missin...search-house/story-26101899-detail/story.html

I wonder if the "friends" could have been family friends, not just hers. Or, she could have sat for them before.

I just feel the initial narrative would have been different if that were the case.

I'm trying to find the post again but I'm certain I saw mention of a caravan on one of the Findbecky Facebook pages/one of the family members Facebook. A woman posted something about letting Rebecca stay in her caravan if she didn't want to go back home. It seemed she knew Rebecca.

The fact that this house had two children living in it makes me think a couple lived there and are the two who were arrested yesterday. What on earth has happened to this poor girl?

I remember a post about a caravan, but it was from a man, and he was referring to the Crown Hill area of Bristol, so not sure it would be the same area ?

If this has been posted before, I apologize for duplicating. It's a nice timeline:
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missin...-Becky-Watts/story-26089075-detail/story.html

Wednesday, February 18:
Becky Watts stays out overnight, which isn’t said to be unusual.

Thursday, February 19:
She returns home in the morning where she sees her step-mum, Anjie Galsworthy, at their Crown Hill home in St George.

Sometime between 10.30am and 11.15am: Anjie, 49, goes to a hospital appointment leaving Becky at home.

11.06am: Becky’s friend Courtney Bicker, 17, sends her a text message. She says it delivered and was read, but Becky never responded.

Later Becky is thought to have texted her boyfriend Luke Oberhansli, 17 to see if they want to meet up, but he is at the dentist and does not reply.

By the afternoon Becky’s parents try to ring her, but her phone is switched off.

They say it is not unsual for Becky to make plans and go out without telling them, but it is out of character for her not to be in touch about it.

None of her clothes, make up or bank cards are gone.

Her phone, laptop and possibly a computer tablet are missing.

Friday, February 20:
Becky’s dad Darren reports her missing in the afternoon. Some of her friends have also grown concerned about her.

She has not been on social media which is out of character.

Sunday, February 22:
Police first put out a public appeal to try and find Becky.

Monday, February 23:
Her family speaks for the first time.

Dad Darren said: “Becky, we just want you to come home. You are in no trouble at all – we just want to make sure you are ok. We all love you and want you back home with us.”

Grandmother Pat Watts said: “Becky, we love you so much. You are so loved – I don’t think you realise just how much. You can come and stay at mine for as long as you need.”

Detective Inspector Richard Ocone added: “This is completely out of character for Rebecca to leave without telling her family or friends – especially if she is not planning on coming home.”

Tuesday, February 24:
Officers begin to search areas near to the teenager’s home. Police say their searches, concentrating on open spaces and park areas, are “a routine part of a missing persons search” that they always undertake. They say they are looking for “anything that Becky might have been dropped”.

House-to-house enquiries take place at Crown Hill. Officers search a blue caravan and an empty home that’s for sale on the street.

Darren tells the Bristol Post it is a “nightmare come true” and although he is trying to remain positive he “fears the worst”. He describes his daughter as introverted and said she does not mix well with people.

4.30pm: Police make another appeal. DI Ocone appeals directly to Becky saying she is in “absolutely no trouble”.

Early evening forensic investigators arrive at the family home. Police say it is part of “normal procedure” in missing person enquiries.

11pm: The police helicopter with a thermal imaging camera is out looking for Becky.

Wednesday, February 25:
9am: Officers cordon off an area of Trooper’s Hill nature reserve. It is around a mile from Becky’s home. Police say it is part of “normal procedure” in missing person enquiries.

10.30am: A group of mums and grandmas, many of whom don’t know Becky or her family, meet in St George Park and carry out a search.

1.30pm Forensic officers with climbing gear turn up to Trooper’s Hill. Parcels are also taken by officers from Becky’s home.

2.30pm: Darren and Anjie voluntarily leave their Crown Hill home to stay with family in order for further forensic investigations to take place. Police say this is routine.

3pm: Police call another press conference. They say “nothing of significance” has been found and they are still treating Becky’s disappearance as a missing person enquiry. DI Ocone said they are becoming more worried as time goes on. They launch a digital #findbecky campaign and new poster.

4.30pm: A family organised search takes place, which more than 100 people turn out to. They give out leaflets and highlight Becky’s disappearance. Her dad joins in with several of his siblings including Becky’s aunt Denise and uncle Joe, who helped organise it. They continue into the dark.

Thursday, February 26:
9am: Teachers and fellow students at KTS Training, in Fishponds where Becky is sitting her GCSEs say they are worried and urge for her to come home.

10.30am: It is now a week since Becky has been seen.

Maybe we can continue this timeline. So much has happened.

It was the post on Facebook I'm trying to find again not the Bristol Post! Looking at the picture in the Bristol Post though there is no sign of a caravan in the picture of the property (unlike google maps) so it may just be nothing.

It was the post on Facebook I'm trying to find again not the Bristol Post! Looking at the picture in the Bristol Post though there is no sign of a caravan in the picture of the property (unlike google maps) so it may just be nothing.

The posting that I read is on the first Find Rebecca FB page, quite a ways back - definately posted by a man, and this person was also posting on his FB page last night....
There may of course be another one regarding a caravan, that I have not seen.

Think I know the post you mean... It was a guy saying he had a caravan he would leave open if she needed somewhere to stay. Don't think he knew the family. Was on the first Facebook page.

It's the same property just taken at an earlier date.

is it possible to get a google earth view of Wilton Close? Someone on the Bristol Post page on FB is saying theres a caravan in the garden of the house and police have taken away things from the caravan but no idea yet what that is.

sorry guys, youre quicker than me Im just repeating what you've said above.

Can't remember which report it was said in but DG at some point said the boyfriend had arrived at the house on Thursday afternoon looking for her as she wasn't replying to texts and hadn't turned up. They didn't report for 28 hours, was this because she had disappeared before and turned up fine and dandy a day or two later? Or were they pushed to report it this time as the BF arrived asking questions? I also note that none of the 'younger' friends have made any public posts begging her to come home etc which I find surprising as the younger generations are usually all over things like this..MOO

I read somewhere, I'll try to find it, that the family did report her missing earlier but the police said to wait 24 hours before taking action - maybe because she's 16?

is it possible to get a google earth view of Wilton Close? Someone on the Bristol Post page on FB is saying theres a caravan in the garden of the house and police have taken away things from the caravan but no idea yet what that is.

Yes you can go into streetview also that gives a very clear picture of the caravan.

Police dig up ‘nearby garden’ as hunt for missing Rebecca Watts intensifies and two people arrested over her disappearance remain in custody

Police and forensic teams are digging up a garden and searching a house in connection with the disappearance of missing teenager Rebecca Watts.

Avon and Somerset police confirmed they are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry in the hunt for the missing student and the search of the garden - almost five miles away from her home - is one of them.

A police spokesman added the two people arrested yesterday in connection with the missing 16-year-old remain in police custody.
Police have been at the address in the Southmead area of Bristol since around 4pm yesterday...

wilton.jpg

Streetview link

Image is from June 2014

arial.jpg

Aerial view it's not there

I should have added...I am assuming the caravan was moved to the back at some point since Google took their pictures. In streetview it's at the front of the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase