GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Don't know if I've ever known a Crimewatch happen so quick. They must be desperate for info. Bet it's the car again

Not sure they can offer any leniency, as we don't have the death penalty over here. Anyone found guilty of murder will get an automatic life sentence. Maybe the sentencing judge can make a recommendation for fewer years served, but that doesn't seem fair to me. If you kill someone, you shouldn't be able to bargain years off your sentence. JMO.

Unless it is the case that only one of them is directly responsible for the murder, and the second one was not present, but only helped with the cover up, so could plead to a lesser offence.

Wow! Don't know if I've ever known a Crimewatch happen so quick. They must be desperate for info. Bet it's the car again

Me either :( Hoping I'll be able to get on iPlayer later and watch it.

Motive motive motive-what was the motive........of a detaining/kidnapping and subsequent killing of a 16 year old adolescent

Omgosh, I've come back online after a few hours away and this thread has moved on 10 pages...so much to read back over, but this caught my eye - is the poor girl confirmed as dead?

Also, I keep seeing posts about guests being welcome to join in. I'd just like to point out that my dear old iPad logs me out often, either through inactivity if I'm reading up on a thread, or for reasons unknown. Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but what I'm trying to say is that members can appear as guests if they are reading up but not logged in. Jmo.

I feel bad too. I still can't believe the police didn't say anything to take the heat off the family if they knew early on. I don't think the family was suspicious of these people as the police surely would have searched the two houses before saturday, I wonder how the police came to the conclusion that she was kidnapped by this man and woman?

I am trying to remember the sequence of events....did they discover the car before anything else ? ie, did someone report the car ( for whatever reason ) which led them to this man and woman, who then couldnt explain why their car was sitting outside a house for a week or more, to which they had no connection.
And, assuming the people in question are linked to the Barton Hill house, then if a check was run on the car and they are the owners, then presumably their address would throw up a warning as being a street of interest in a missing persons case.

Omgosh, I've come back online after a few hours away and this thread has moved on 10 pages...so much to read back over, but this caught my eye - is the poor girl confirmed as dead?

Also, I keep seeing posts about guests being welcome to join in. I'd just like to point out that my dear old iPad logs me out often, either through inactivity if I'm reading up on a thread, or for reasons unknown. Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but what I'm trying to say is that members can appear as guests if they are reading up but not logged in. Jmo.

No nothing has been confirmed. The official line is they are still searching for Becky. But the fact that the two people are arrested on suspicion of murder is indicating the way things are looking.

Re the Ipad, I have the same situation......and on my pc as well........so there are times when I will appear as a guest if I have been away for a while and I dont realise I'm out until I try to post a comment....

No nothing has been confirmed. The official line is they are still searching for Becky. But the fact that the two people are arrested on suspicion of murder is indicating the way things are looking.

Re the Ipad, I have the same situation......and on my pc as well........so there are times when I will appear as a guest if I have been away for a while and I dont realise I'm out until I try to post a comment....

Thanks Alyce - I was beginning to wonder if it was just a glitchy thing with my iPad. Annoying isn't it.

Just a tip if you're not aware - Crimewatch isn't usually on iPlayer for long, I've looked for it next day and it'll be gone already :(

I think the police have found some kind of DNA evidence and need to know where the car was ASAP so they can find where this poor girl is before they must release the two in custody. This means they can charge one or two of these people with a very firm charge of murder. This explains Crimewatch.

The Wilton Close address is probably a friend/relative of whoever did it and I think the people whose home was searched in Cotton Mill Lane (NOT LO) are the ones in custody right now.

HOW can those responsible make this so much worse for her family by not speaking up now!? They must realise they're caught? There's no way out for them...do murderers really think they can get away with stuff now DNA is part of our life?

Just a quick post to say hello, I don't want to appear as a lurker and not contributing to the forum.

I've browsed the site for a while, but it was this case that prompted me to register. This case has really struck a chord with me as I have a daughter of a similar age, albeit slightly older.

Although police are refuting the current rumours, I can't help feeling it's only a matter of time. Poor Becky. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

The Alice Gross case was on Crimewatch. (or am I imagining that?)

I agree, rare for it to be on there so quick.

Crimewatch already- good grief that is very quick no?
Have we any legal people online- in order to arrest on the sus of murder without a body- what kind of evidence should they have in order to obtain that warrant? Does anyone know? And particular to the UK? I am presuming (only as this is not my field) that they must have some pretty serious DNA evidence or a confession? But due to releasing no information about the suspects etc and not having located Becky it makes you wonder what they have- and would imply the suspects aren't providing much information.

The car seems to be key here as well. Not reported as stolen- they must have ownership records as well. All very strange. But fair play to the police- they seem to have been on top of the case and very thorough.

I think the police have found some kind of DNA evidence and need to know where the car was ASAP so they can find where this poor girl is before they must release the two in custody. This means they can charge one or two of these people with a very firm charge of murder. This explains Crimewatch.

Have they not been charged?

The Alice Gross case was on Crimewatch. (or am I imagining that?)

I agree, rare for it to be on there so quick.

Yes they did a reconstruction and an appeal for cyclists on the tow path to come forward, also an appeal for her phone.

They can attempt to fabricate all sorts of stories about why her DNA was found in various places associated with them. Being questioned separately, those stories should fall apart quickly. All this being said, it's much easier to prosecute beyond a reasonable doubt when earthly remains have been recovered.

Just a quick post to say hello, I don't want to appear as a lurker and not contributing to the forum.

I've browsed the site for a while, but it was this case that prompted me to register. This case has really struck a chord with me as I have a daughter of a similar age, albeit slightly older.

Although police are refuting the current rumours, I can't help feeling it's only a matter of time. Poor Becky. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

:welcome:

It's a terrible case, Kelly, and it does hit close to home for those of us with teenage girls, too. Glad you joined.

Motive motive motive-what was the motive........of a detaining/kidnapping and subsequent killing of a 16 year old adolescent
Anything is possible. Thrill kill? Fantasy rape/murder? Sell her?

If the 2 people did kill her and they found something, that means one of them talked. So hopefully we get the full story soon.

Crimewatch already- good grief that is very quick no?
Have we any legal people online- in order to arrest on the sus of murder without a body- what kind of evidence should they have in order to obtain that warrant? Does anyone know? And particular to the UK? I am presuming (only as this is not my field) that they must have some pretty serious DNA evidence or a confession? But due to releasing no information about the suspects etc and not having located Becky it makes you wonder what they have- and would imply the suspects aren't providing much information.

The car seems to be key here as well. Not reported as stolen- they must have ownership records as well. All very strange. But fair play to the police- they seem to have been on top of the case and very thorough.

BBM, the BBC have given some info here, related back to the April Jones case http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-21506482

ETA: I'm not a legal expert in any way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member