GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimewatch starting soon- managed to find BBC on my system

Tuned in waiting for crime watch hopefully some new info regarding Becky and maybe laptop and ?tablet

Anything is possible. Thrill kill? Fantasy rape/murder? Sell her?

If the 2 people did kill her and they found something, that means one of them talked. So hopefully we get the full story soon.
Rather bluntly put, as if it all wasn't bad enough :/

Crimewatch already- good grief that is very quick no?
Have we any legal people online- in order to arrest on the sus of murder without a body- what kind of evidence should they have in order to obtain that warrant? Does anyone know? And particular to the UK? I am presuming (only as this is not my field) that they must have some pretty serious DNA evidence or a confession? But due to releasing no information about the suspects etc and not having located Becky it makes you wonder what they have- and would imply the suspects aren't providing much information.

The car seems to be key here as well. Not reported as stolen- they must have ownership records as well. All very strange. But fair play to the police- they seem to have been on top of the case and very thorough.

Could it be that they are looking for specific things/evidence that they need to find quickly - car tyre tracks in mud for example and things that might degrade over time, or get washed away in rain. Also things like cctv are often deleted within a short time frame, so needing to get people to check things like that asap, means that a national programme like Crimewatch reaches a wide audience.

Also they might need specific identification from others or even have new evidence that the tv is perfect for. If I am remembering correctly, with the Jamie Bulger case that the police knew who the boys were, but needed other corroboration, so by showing the cctv, they had members of the public identifying the boys. I'm sure that was featured on Crimewatch very quickly. Same with the Stephanie Slater case, it was used so the public could identify the voice of her kidnapper.

Remember, another reason why it might be on so quickly is that it is a monthly programme, so if not used tonight when Rebecca is still missing, the next chance the police will get won't be for another few weeks.

If these two are not family relations or "friends", then I'm going to suggest that Becky may not be the "only" victim. I'm thinking back to the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case that we had here in Canada quite some time ago. A couple of similar ages kidnapped teenagers, held them captive for their own sick use, videotaped the whole thing and then killed them. I am just getting that weird feeling that this may end up being worse than we imagine.

Poor Becky. What a terrible outcome and it's not over yet.

I know this is slightly OT, but I find the 'Thanks' option a bit limiting, i.e. there's quite a difference between acknowledging that someone has provided information you wouldn't otherwise be aware of, versus someone posting something you agree with, versus someone acknowledging something you've posted yourself! I'm wary of suggesting anything divisive - I've been on a number of forums and always come back to WS as it's so friendly, supportive and genuinely feels like a community of like-minded individuals - but it would be good to have more options to respond to posts. Anyone feel the same?

The Avon and Somerset Constabulary facebook page has alot going on under the first post.

I do feel so bad right now for Becky's boyfriend - not only knowing something dreadful has happened to his gf, but seeing the house opposite his home one of the centres of police attention.

I know this is slightly OT, but I find the 'Thanks' option a bit limiting, i.e. there's quite a difference between acknowledging that someone has provided information you wouldn't otherwise be aware of, versus someone posting something you agree with, versus someone acknowledging something you've posted yourself! I'm wary of suggesting anything divisive - I've been on a number of forums and always come back to WS as it's so friendly, supportive and genuinely feels like a community of like-minded individuals - but it would be good to have more options to respond to posts. Anyone feel the same?

I'd recommending a "You're talking out of your ***" for some of my posts!

On Crimewatch now.

Just a recap really mentioning blue tents, which houses are being searched, man and woman in custody, arrested on Saturday, further charged with murder today.

Asking for information on the black Vauxhall Zafira. If you ever owned it or saw it since 19th Feb.

Absolutely nothing new.

If you feel strongly about a post agree or disagree or have questions regarding it you can always answer quoting it like this.
I personally thank informative posts, supportive posts and posts I very much agree with.

Me too. Obviously just rumour, but seems that lots of people read the same thing, which apparently came from family. If true, then the identities of those held are out there now.

Not sure if it means anything, but the police didn't deny what was posted, and so far threats to remove rumour have not included those people talking about what they read on the family facebook.

Anyone know WHICH family member posted the FB post that started the rumour of her body being found and what the actual post was? I can't trace it.

A lot to deal with!
Concerning some posts on this page I've only heard of a 20 yr old brother no step siblings. I think maybe rumour mill going daft or something we haven't heard off.

These days the term step-brother is used very loosely - just the son of a girlfriend/boyfriend for example. In the school where I work, children constantly refer to stepbrothers and sisters, when in reality they mean the children of their Dad's girlfriend, or Mum's boyfriends - and often a very new relationship.

MOO.

Remember Tia Sharpe's "step grandfather" was, in reality, just her grandma's boyfriend.

A lot to deal with!
Concerning some posts on this page I've only heard of a 20 yr old brother no step siblings. I think maybe rumour mill going daft or something we haven't heard off.

As you can see from the Bristol LE responses, they are trying to keep the speculation and rumors from spreading. They did *not* announce who those held are. I am going to withhold speculation until they make an official announcement. Understandably, people are really falling apart with this, but it's so important to stay steady right now, and only listen to the official LE announcements.

Me too. Obviously just rumour, but seems that lots of people read the same thing, which apparently came from family. If true, then the identities of those held are out there now.

Not sure if it means anything, but the police didn't deny what was posted, and so far threats to remove rumour have not included those people talking about what they read on the family facebook.

I can't believe the police have a FB page that hasn't had comments disabled. Are they that new to social media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx