UK UK - Rory Johnson-Hatfield, 29, York, 20 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's running the opposite way though, back to the hotel.

Aha, thank you! So in these images he is running towards to the hotel although he just left the hotel something like 20 minutes earlier? :waitasec:

Mmmh. Confused.

ETA: just wondering, how do you know? The images don't give any details of street and buildings.

Thank you! So, the next bit of the puzzle is exactly where in "Castle Mills" he was 8 minutes later at 12:47. I suppose what happened before that could be completely irrelevant. 12:47 was the last confirmed sighting of him, we know he was alone and are not looking for a third party.

Sadly, I still think it's most likely he fell in either of the rivers and will be found downstream fairly soon.

It does look like it, doesn't it. And we have read it here so many times, so it wouldn't be a surprising ending. Sadly.

Is it just me! His he looking straight at the camera? On the 2 CCTV pictures?

Yes that was my impression too.

Aha, thank you! So in these images he is running towards to the hotel although he just left the hotel something like 20 minutes earlier? :waitasec:

Mmmh. Confused.

ETA: just wondering, how do you know? The images don't give any details of street and buildings.

Yes, he's heading back towards the hotel, general direction anyway. And you can tell because on that road there are only buildings on one side, the other side is Cliffords Tower on a large grassed area.

Yes, he's heading back towards the hotel, general direction anyway. And you can tell because on that road there are only buildings on one side, the other side is Cliffords Tower on a large grassed area.

Thank you. You are right. Just looked at the map :doh:

Hello, goodnight fellows. Have been more lurking lately. Still digesting Becky's trial.

It really appears he (Rory) was running. Could he be running from someone? Is he gay or straight? No, I'm not asking this because of prejudice. I have none at all! And not also beause usually it might be important the sexual orientation of the persons. But, we could agree that sometimes the problems or rows amongst gay men can be violent. Who knows? Who are these friends that seem to know so few about the place where they were and also didn't know Rory as they just met that night, right?

Perhaps if leaflets with his face where distributed in all the pubs, someone of the staffs could remember if they served him that night and bring some light to this disappearance...

Mmmh. Confused.

I live about 3/4 mile up the road ;) I've lived in York my entire 44 years, born and bred. I recognised the bus stop/path/hanging basket.. Then I realised it stated where the CCTV was taken in the article.. Lol

It does look like it, doesn't it. And we have read it here so many times, so it wouldn't be a surprising ending. Sadly.

Yes that was my impression too.

i don't want to jump on crazy theory's here with this case but since the Elisa lam or Stacey Annis and Dennis Martin cases in the USA I have looked at recently sometimes makes me think outside the box on these cases

like someone mentioned on here could he have been running from someone? But I don't want to jump to conclusions

I live about 3/4 mile up the road ;) I've lived in York my entire 44 years, born and bred. I recognised the bus stop/path/hanging basket.. Then I realised it stated where the CCTV was taken in the article.. Lol

Oh so you are as local as it gets! Awesome you recognized the spot from those pics. :)

i don't want to jump on crazy theory's here with this case but since the Elisa lam or Stacey Annis and Dennis Martin cases in the USA I have looked at recently sometimes makes me think outside the box on these cases

like someone mentioned on here could he have been running from someone? But I don't want to jump to conclusions

Who knows. But sadly York is known locally for having more than its fair share of drunken drownings. Ultimately in winter months the river is cold, deep, dark, fast, high, and for the most part has no railings or barriers. There is no comparison between the Ouse and the "river" (more like a stream) that Caroline Everest ended up in, it really is easy to see how someone could tumble into it after a night drinking in York.

Oh so you are as local as it gets! Awesome you recognized the spot from those pics. :)

Yeah, and sadly it's not the first case I have been very local to. Megan Roberts, and of course Claudia Lawrence. When I first got married we lived just around the corner from where Claudia lived in Heworth. I didn't know her, but I grew up near the Uni where she worked too, my nanna, dad and uncle worked in one of the colleges. It's all so familiar to me it's quite surreal.

Yeah, and sadly it's not the first case I have been very local to. Megan Roberts, and of course Claudia Lawrence. When I first got married we lived just around the corner from where Claudia lived in Heworth. I didn't know her, but I grew up near the Uni where she worked too, my nanna, dad and uncle worked in one of the colleges. It's all so familiar to me it's quite surreal.

Claudia Lawrence case still to this day puzzles me

Who knows. But sadly York is known locally for having more than its fair share of drunken drownings. Ultimately in winter months the river is cold, deep, dark, fast, high, and for the most part has no railings or barriers. There is no comparison between the Ouse and the "river" (more like a stream) that Caroline Everest ended up in, it really is easy to see how someone could tumble into it after a night drinking in York.

the problem is the rivers in York are easy accessible for people to walk down to after a night out but in winters months I was always put of the idea of going near rivers especially when their icy you think others would but once they have a few drinks silliness comes into to play and some people want to show off in front of others too sadly maybe railings would help prevent some of these deaths

Just subscribing and adding this article from Saturday's local press....

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/140...ice_as_search_enters_second_week/?ref=mr&lp=4

Superintendent Adam Thomson said police had worked with Police Scotland to identify the man Rory had been drinking with on the night he disappeared, and that man had voluntarily returned to York to assist with the police search.

Maybe this is just me being cynical, but the above sentence, snipped from the article, says to me that the man didnt * voluntarily* come back to York until the police tracked him down.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/140...ice_as_search_enters_second_week/?ref=mr&lp=4

Superintendent Adam Thomson said police had worked with Police Scotland to identify the man Rory had been drinking with on the night he disappeared, and that man had voluntarily returned to York to assist with the police search.

Maybe this is just me being cynical, but the above sentence, snipped from the article, says to me that the man didnt * voluntarily* come back to York until the police tracked him down.

"Identify the man Rory had been drinking with" It sounds like they had to track him - interesting

A question really. It was said earlier that his phone was going to answer mode. Is it not possible to trace the mobile (and owner hopefully) from the GPS signal ?

A question really. It was said earlier that his phone was going to answer mode. Is it not possible to trace the mobile (and owner hopefully) from the GPS signal ?

depending on what kind of mobile phone he has it is possible to track his GPS but if it's a worse case scenario like in the river I am not too sure

I guess it depends when the man was scheduled to return to Scotland. As Rory is said to have met him at the Travelodge on Thurs night. If he left on Friday morning to return to Scotland, he would probably have no idea Rory was missing, and the police would need to track him down.

You could very well be right Skibaboo in that the Scottish man may have had no idea Rory was missing, if he had gone back home the next day.

Family appeal for boat to search Ouse for missing Skipton man Rory Johnson-Hatfield - but York Rescue Boat warns of flood dangers.
York Rescue Boat, which assisted police in searching the Ouse last week, has strongly advised against anyone making unassisted searches because of the dangers posed while it is in flood. "The river search for Rory by the police has now ended and we have not yet been informed as to when or if it will be resumed."

"I would like to make an appeal to anybody that has a boat on the river Ouse in York that the family could use in order to resume this part of the search. Thank you in advance."

http://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news...r_boat_to_search_river_sparks_safety_warning/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back