Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe knowledge of where the purse was or is will help the prosecution. Has it been found? I may have missed that.

That info hasn't been released yet.
( poster kong also pointed out that a midwife on a shift might just take some cash to work in a purse, leaving cards in a locker or at home. )

Maybe she had the purse still on her person/ clothing when she was abducted dead or alive? Hence cards left behind in the house?

Maybe he wasn't thinking clearly at all when he left the house with her/her body. ( Hence car keys still in ignition, cards left by her or left somewhere not visible to MS at that time etc.)

The duvet would be full of his DNA. If he carried the body on his own he would of had to lean it against his own body somehow.

Potential to pick up fibres, hair, skin cells from carrying definitely. Plus he's given himself an added issue of having to explain a missing roof box that he's dumped somewhere.

PS. If they weren't going on holiday at all and neighbours are wrong, wonder what excuse he gave to his wife about fitting the roof box on the Thursday?

If the box is a factor in this crime, we'll be hearing a lot more about it from witnesses next year, that's all we can say for sure.

I'd like to know where they were going on this "Holiday". If it wasn't far , he could of nipped back. Alternatively If it was planned did the roof box contain things he needed for intended kidnap.

A previous poster has suggested he often worked away, was it him going off in a "holiday" . I'm going off on a tangent now but this case has me baffled!

He has been described as an out doors type so maybe he had given himself an alibi beforehand of a fishing trip, camping, hiking or what ever he was into to his wife

The duvet would be full of his DNA. If he carried the body on his own he would of had to lean it against his own body somehow.

I think this will be a case of him admitting to kidnap and claiming she suffocated. I think there will be enough evidence to prove he took her and hopefully enough to put him a way for a long time

He has been described as an out doors type so maybe he had given himself an alibi beforehand of a fishing trip, camping, hiking or what ever he was into to his wife

Very good point.

I'd like to know where they were going on this "Holiday". If it wasn't far , he could of nipped back. Alternatively If it was planned did the roof box contain things he needed for intended kidnap.

A previous poster has suggested he often worked away, was it him going off in a "holiday" . I'm going off on a tangent now but this case has me baffled!

It could be as Sark has just posted now - his excuse is an overnight fishing weekend/trip. Fairly local?

He could have been planning to drop his wife & child off at a relatives en route to his fishing destination? He says he's doing an overnight fishing trip to KS and she gets to stay w her mum/friend etc He could sell that to get her & young daughter out of the way.

All the neighbours got confused that this box meant annual family holiday together

Very good point.

It could be as Sark has just posted now - his excuse is an overnight fishing weekend/trip. Fairly local?

He could have been planning to drop his wife & child off at a relatives en route to his fishing destination? He says he's doing an overnight fishing trip to KS and she gets to stay w her mum/friend etc He could sell that to get her & young daughter out of the way.

All the neighbours got confused that this box meant annual family holiday together

Explains why he could be out the house late at night too as the police were asking for cctv between 9pm - 11pm.

Longer news clip of van being moved and houses ( will say no more, it's self explanatory )

Detectives find body; UK, Staffordshire; Police officers outside... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Thanks for that clip Alyce! Interesting to note that the Citroen Picasso parked in the drive with the caravan does not have the fixtures required to mount a roof box on to the roof ... the white van being removed DOES have the roof rack for the roof box.
So surely a neighbour couldn’t have seen a roof box being put on to the car?!

We’ve got a 470 litre roofbox (similar to the model above) and it’s quite heavy and awkward, even empty. My husband tends to put it on around 24 hours before we are going to use it, so he can drive around with it empty to ensure it’s secure before loading it. It takes my husband and my 6’2” son to put the roofbars on the car and then the box onto the bars.

We don’t use ours very much, simply because it’s such a pig to attach and then load. We would generally only use it to put my manual wheelchair in when we have both teenage kids in the car and the boot full of luggage. If I need my power wheelchair, then that goes in the boot as it’s too heavy for the roofbox, so the luggage would go in the box.

Given that the “holiday” is only supposition, maybe they were planning to go to Ikea or to buy something that wouldn’t fit in the boot. Can someone remind me what make and model MS car is?

Thanks for that clip Alyce! Interesting to note that the Citroen Picasso parked in the drive with the caravan does not have the fixtures required to mount a roof box on to the roof ... the white van being removed DOES have the roof rack for the roof box.
So surely a neighbour couldn’t have seen a roof box being put on to the car?!

good point, but that Citroen might not be his car.

ETA I know I said I thought his car was a Citroen ( cant find the pic now of the police searching it outside his house ) but this pic is not of MS home, so may be another Citroen, owned by another person ( am trying to be non precise here for good reason)

good point, but that Citroen might not be his car.

ETA I know I said I thought his car was a Citroen ( cant find the pic now of the police searching it outside his house ) but this pic is not of MS home, so may be another Citroen, owned by another person ( am trying to be non precise here for good reason)

Ahh ok, do you remember if MS’ car had a roof rack on in the photo?

Ahh ok, do you remember if MS’ car had a roof rack on in the photo?

Frustratingly, no , I don't remember.

But, if the neighbour is accurate ( or if she has been quoted accurately ) she did say they/he were putting a roof box onto their car.

I am fairly sure the pic has been removed. I have been back through all the msm articles I have saved and I know the car pic was in one of them.

I really think the roof box was for a holiday plain and simple

It would be nigh on impossible to lift a body above head height even if she would fit in imo Occams Razor..it was for a holiday

He had use of a van or a car no need for roof box

Does it take 2 people to attatch a roof box ? Not sure

Would his wife not ask why he was putting it on the car ? When he has a van to carry large loads ?

No I don't buy it was for use in the crime but imo..of course anything is possible

Regards the purse ..I regularly leave my cards at home if I'm working a few days and just take cash in my purse ..He may have just removed the purse from the house to make it look like she had left of her own accord not knowing her cards were not in it ?
Or if the crime was committed elsewhere she left it there and he disposed of it

here it is again two neighbours

"According to at least two neighbours, Katie, John’s 32-year-old younger sister, and her husband Michael, who is the same age, were seen putting a roof box on their car on Thursday evening last week — the day before Samantha disappeared. The neighbours took this to mean that the family — the couple have a young daughter — were about to go on their annual holiday."

Why DID missing midwife call off her own wedding? | Daily Mail Online

( one of the neighbours is doreen nixon if you want to google her account separately, it was in another link somewhere on this thread)

I really think the roof box was for a holiday plain and simple

It would be nigh on impossible to lift a body above head height even if she would fit in imo Occams Razor..it was for a holiday

He had use of a van or a car no need for roof box

Does it take 2 people to attatch a roof box ? Not sure

Would his wife not ask why he was putting it on the car ? When he has a van to carry large loads ?

No I don't buy it was for use in the crime but imo..of course anything is possible

Regards the purse ..I regularly leave my cards at home if I'm working a few days and just take cash in my purse ..He may have just removed the purse from the house to make it look like she had left of her own accord not knowing her cards were not in it ?
Or if the crime was committed elsewhere she left it there and he disposed of it

RE the box- I think Yozzer was initially suggesting it was later used inside a vehicle.
Also this was based on a local rumour that she was transported inside it.
I think pple are just running the idea around the block - to see if it could make any sense, similar to the annual holiday on Fri night, is that realistic too or just an assumption.

Very hard to know.
I suppose if someone is willing to tape someone's eyes/face then anything, however weird becomes possible. ( Especially if they'd probably claim to love that person?)

It's still possible, imo, that this was manslaughter....by unintentional suffocation.

It being a Friday and school holidays ..bearing in mind they have a daughter ..doesn't detract from the theory of them going on holiday either

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld
Back