Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So that was shown just before the 26th July. It's possible he was inspired.
Again this Stirling holiday doesn't fit does it. You can't really kidnap someone on the same day you're planning a trip with your own family.

The neighbours' assumptions on holidays is probably just an assumption then? ( Although TBH elderly neighbours are often quite good at witnessing.... however it must be said, we never heard any mention of bags, suitcases being loaded in any of the press accounts - just the roofbox being fitted)

Yes, I'd be more persuaded about the holiday if the neighbours had said KS had mentioned it to them. As it is, we just seem to have some curtain-twitching. But I have no experience of roof boxes and their uses so I can't offer an alternative explanation.

I meant, effectively kidnap and plan to hold them hostage for any length of time...

I'd like to know where they were going on this "Holiday". If it wasn't far , he could of nipped back. Alternatively If it was planned did the roof box contain things he needed for intended kidnap.

A previous poster has suggested he often worked away, was it him going off in a "holiday" . I'm going off on a tangent now but this case has me baffled!

Yes, I'd be more persuaded about the holiday if the neighbours had said KS had mentioned it to them. As it is, we just seem to have some curtain-twitching. But I have no experience of roof boxes and their uses so I can't offer an alternative explanation.

AFAIK roof boxes are only used when needed for packing items you don't want in your car or won't fit in your car if it already has occupants and luggage. They increase fuel consumption too so you only want them on your car if really necessary. I would be interested to know when he took it off his car, was it on the car when police searched it and, if not, did they search the roof box separately?

So that was shown just before the 26th July. It's possible he was inspired.
Again this Stirling holiday doesn't fit does it. You can't really kidnap someone on the same day you're planning a trip with your own family.

The neighbours' assumptions on holidays is probably just an assumption then? ( Although TBH elderly neighbours are often quite good at witnessing.... however it must be said, we never heard any mention of bags, suitcases being loaded in any of the press accounts - just the roofbox being fitted)

Interesting how something can be read and interpreted.

When I read the line about

The neighbour saw the box being put on the car and thought that indicated the family were going on holiday.

it put an image into my head of MS and wife both putting the box on top of the car.
But actually the comment does not say that.
It could easily ( and more likely ) have just been MS putting the box there, for his own purposes.
Then, MS and family driving away that night and being seen by neighbour, confirmed in her head that they had gone on holiday, whereas they might just have gone to relatives.

me neither Cherwell. Have never used one. Asssume they come in various capacities. The previous poster made an interesting point that you can actually use them detached - as a lockable cabinet that can be put in the back of a van/ a boot....... but I just don't know enough about them.

Sizes/capacity? She was 5'3" - is it possible to fit a body - others will know better

and anyway, why would you use the box?
- Why not just place body in van, use a sheet/duvet cover to throw over, lock your van?
- He used a detached box because he pre-planned to contain a forensic area for later cleaning? ( Is he that smart, his planning doesn't seem great so far does it.)

me neither Cherwell. Have never used one. Asssume they come in various capacities. The previous poster made an interesting point that you can actually use them detached - as a lockable cabinet that can be put in the back of a van/ a boot....... but I just don't know enough about them.

Sizes/capacity? She was 5'3" - is it possible to fit a body - others will know better

- Why not just place body in van, use a sheet/duvet cover to throw over, lock your van?
- He used a detached box because he pre-planned to contain a forensic area for later cleaning? ( Is he that smart, his planning doesn't seem great so far does it.)

I had a google of sizes last night - relative to his car.

Average dimensions 190 ( L ) x 75 ( W )
maximum weight capacity is approx 50kg

box might be better as lockable, rather than using only a duvet cover, just in case someone else ( work colleague, friend ? ) had keys to the van and might access it.

The purse does raise questions. Why was the purse information not released straightaway though.

Must be in order to put pressure on the suspect , as others have said on this thread.

( I had a look at the reports in pressing. Missing purse appeal first appears 3rd August. This is despite fact that DMail have already reported that she has apparently no access to money on Aug 1st)

Can't see any other reason but then I'm not police so IDK.
(Also worth noting that every day after the release of MS on 30th July they put out some kind of new, daily, public appeal. Must really load on the pressure.)

She was found in a duvet cover so your last few paragraphs are relevant - a roofbox would be easier to clean than the inside of a vehicle.

Would they treat MS house as a crime scene if he was just a suspect?

out of interest what car did he drive?

box might be better as lockable, rather than using only a duvet cover, just in case someone else ( work colleague, friend ? ) had keys to the van and might access it.

That's true re a shared vehicle & shared keys: if you thought you might have to leave that vehicle (with it's locked away body) for a while you 'd want to be doubly sure. So if you expected a delay in disposal of the body/vehicle access by another in the meantime.......

Also tho - what about.... along the lines of Truthfinder & previous poster who mentioned The Fall programme..... you really want to scare someone by confinement in a box, not necessarily a dead body? Could that be an option or is it too outlandish?

Takes us back to unintentional suffocation question again....

Must be in order to put pressure on the suspect , as others have said on this thread.

( I had a look at the reports in pressing. Missing purse appeal first appears 3rd August. This is despite fact that DMail have already reported that she has apparently no access to money on Aug 1st)

Can't see any other reason but then I'm not police so IDK.
(Also worth noting that every day after the release of MS on 30th July they put out some kind of new, daily, public appeal. Must really load on the pressure.)

Agreed, the story went national pretty quick. The police also indicated fairly quickly that no sightings and dropped off the grid which ruled out that she could of just needed head space.

Maybe knowledge of where the purse was or is will help the prosecution. Has it been found? I may have missed that.

That info hasn't been released yet. ( poster kong also pointed out that a midwife on a shift might just take some cash to work in a purse, leaving cards in a locker or at home. Maybe she had the purse still on her person/ clothing when she was abducted dead or alive? Hence cards left behind in the house? A )
She was found in a duvet cover so your last few paragraphs are relevant - a roofbox would be easier to clean than the inside of a vehicle.

yes that's what I meant by "contain a forensic area." But would she fit inside it SS?

what I don't understand is why would he leave cards etc in the house. If you didn't want the police to think she was taken from the house surely you would make it to look like she left of her own accord.

hold on tho....

if u want to be forensically smart & use a roofbox you'd need to ensure it was spotless before use ( transfer)
then you need to clean it again
and you need to ensure you don't contaminate that duvet you end up using at the end

none of it makes sense does it? Maybe it's to scare or was not used at all in the crime & it's just a red herring.

So she could fit in :-( but would be over on the weight capacity - 50 kg is only 3.5 stone.

Perhaps he did take the roofbox over to put in the van and then bring the wrapped body out to the van to put it in the roofbox, for easy cleaning afterwards (and before ?) .
MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back