Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I have read 'wrapped within' too. It's open to interpretation isn't it. I would imagine it would be easier to wrap the cover around than to attempt to place a person inside a cover unassisted; but for transportation, the latter would be more secure.

sorry just read another article that clearly said wrapped inside a duvet cover.

Some reports say duvet and some say duvet cover. Most reports say ‘wrapped in’, so that could be interpreted in a few ways truthfinder34 as you said. It could be she was inside the duvet cover, or the duvet/cover was wrapped around her. Confusing.

Some reports say duvet and some say duvet cover. Most reports say ‘wrapped in’, so that could be interpreted in a few ways truthfinder34 as you said. It could be she was inside the duvet cover, or the duvet/cover was wrapped around her. Confusing.
Inside would take longer, around suggests more rushed.

also reports state " single duvet wrapped around the body " not inside.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in an effort to restrain arms

Yes, of course, but that does not mean that she was having a covert affair with her killer. They are mainly, out in the open real relationships that have broken down.

People will always speculate and consider various scenarios. Personally I didn't form the impression that she was the type to have an affair with a married man, but I am often wrong with my guesses and it cannot be ruled out at this stage.

Some people cannot cope with being single, and go straight into another relationship.
I know people like this and they usually go from one abusive man straight on to the next unfortunately. Not that SE has been portrayed as this type of woman, from what I’ve read she seemed to have her life in order and was a strong minded woman.

I know people like this and they usually go from one abusive man straight on to the next unfortunately. Not that SE has been portrayed as this type of woman, from what I’ve read she seemed to have her life in order and was a strong minded woman.

Not even 'abusive' - just short-lived or unsuitable. Yes some women do not like being alone.
I agree, the evidence from photos and friends show that SE was sorting out her life, focusing on her career and moving on.

I was thinking that at the time!
I also climbed in feet first, but thought to myself that if I was putting someone (alive or dead) inside the duvet cover then I’d put their head in to the opening of the cover first, and pull it down over the rest of their body. So even if it were someone taller, only their legs and feet would stick out of the opening, not their head.

Good job. I'm 5' 8" and "big boned" so wouldn't fit in so easily, would need the king size for me.

Hope your son didn't see you getting in it?

Please don't anyone climb inside a roof box though. We don't want any accidents.

If, as speculated, he taped her eyes shut due to rigor mortis, could that mean he left her and returned some hours later to move and hide her body?

Last edited:
I think any type of person from any walk of life is capable of having an affair. People make mistakes and by the sounds of things if SE called it off she more than likely regretted it. What I will say is though for MS to carry out this horrible crime, conceal the body, go out the following day with people who where genuinely concerned to conduct enquiries ( more than likely to see if he was seen) and then allow the family to suffer for over a week - This shows me he is a selfish person who was only interested in saving himself.

Last edited:
Several news sources have mentioned that MS had returned 2 weeks before SE's disappearance to do further work on the 'summer house'. This suggests the job was started at an earlier point.
I wonder when it was started and why was there a gap before returning to do 'further work'?

Why DID missing midwife call off her own wedding? | Daily Mail Online

Their inquiries have also taken them to the house of the Stirlings. Samantha and John often saw the Stirlings socially, and yesterday a neighbour told the Mail that Michael Stirling runs a fencing business and put up fencing and constructed a summerhouse in Samantha’s garden.

Additionally, the neighbour says, he has been seen as recently as two weeks ago, doing further work on the summerhouse.

Some people cannot cope with being single, and go straight into another relationship.

That was my thought too. After 7 years in a committed relationship she might have felt a bit lonely? Not judging her at all, I've been there myself. Rebound.

BTW, great experiment with the duvet cover, Kylelay!

And another btw, I had taken "single duvet cover" to mean one duvet cover, not several.

Several news sources have mentioned that MS had returned 2 weeks before SE's disappearance to do further work on the 'summer house'. This suggests the job was started at an earlier point.
I wonder when it was started and why was there a gap before returning to do 'further work'?

Why DID missing midwife call off her own wedding? | Daily Mail Online

Their inquiries have also taken them to the house of the Stirlings. Samantha and John often saw the Stirlings socially, and yesterday a neighbour told the Mail that Michael Stirling runs a fencing business and put up fencing and constructed a summerhouse in Samantha’s garden.

Additionally, the neighbour says, he has been seen as recently as two weeks ago, doing further work on the summerhouse.
Perhaps the summer house was an excuse for him to go to SE house without his wife becoming suspicious. Maybe when he started building it him and SE were still on good terms and she’s ended it or they’ve had a falling out so he stopped working on it. His anger may have built up over those two weeks and he’s gone to her house and snapped.

When he was doing the fencing and summer house work for her might have been the first time they were spending time alone with each other.

It was reported that she had no contact with JP since the break up, and hadn't been seen at MS and KS's residence for a year. So there's 3 people (4 if you count the child as well) she used to have regular contact with who were now not in her life anymore.

Maybe at first she enjoyed hanging out with MS after work for a chat and a cup of tea, catching up, etc. Maybe there was some attraction between the two of them and in a moment of weakness she gave in. She regretted it, called it off and he couldn't take the rejection. jmo

Very plausible.

I'd disregard the "not seen for a year" though. It's meaningless unless the neighbour is watching 24/7! And just because you don't go to someone's house doesn't mean you don't see them at all. The split with JP was only about six months ago.

Yes, of course, but that does not mean that she was having a covert affair with her killer. They are mainly, out in the open real relationships that have broken down.

I think when the stats say partner & ex partner perps - they're surely alluding to a range of relationship types. ( Not in the way I personally use partner.)

As far as I'm concerned SE was single.
Even if she had a fling with MS as a one -off as a couple of locals have said on thread - I'd still view her as single.

I think increasingly today, many women much younger with me would prob say they are single even if they have a romantic/sex life in some way. Quite rightly too.

We use the word "affair" because it's easier, but we'll end up going down all sorts of semantic rabbit-holes.... a past encounter, a brief fling, a one-off to describe the possibility, as mooted by locals on WS that there was some past connection.

If if that was proved to be wrong, the issue of whether MS had a motive based on a "romance" even just in his own head, would be pertinent because it's a recurring motive in the killing of women. That's really the issue & the scandal here, for me anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back