UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC are now reporting on this note across media streams, including the flagship Today show. I suspect that you're correct about the authenticity of the note, and its having been leaked.
This leaked info + 2 family members released in P + info about P Police closing on perps - all these give me hope.
That they will be caught or maybe are caught already.

JMO

BBC are now reporting on this note across media streams, including the flagship Today show. I suspect that you're correct about the authenticity of the note, and its having been leaked.
I can't see that the BBC have reported on this anywhere... do you have a link? As far as I can see, all media reports reference the original DM article which has now been removed...

I couldn’t see anything on the BBC news website or app either.
I’ve been thinking about this note and going over what we know.
1) The story about the note originated in the DM which then removed the original article.
2) it appears that all other media sources reporting this story have merely quoted the DM or in some cases quoted other news feeds (which were merely quoting the DM).
3) I cannot find any reference to the note on BBC news - please can we have links to those reports or information about which episode of Today was involved (was this the Radio 4 news programme broadcast yesterday morning? If so, about what time was the relevant section?) I searched using Sara’s name on the BBC news app and found two articles from yesterday: Sara Sharif: Court rules girl's Pakistan family cannot be detained https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66603843
Sara Sharif murder probe: Fresh appeal two weeks after girl found dead https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-66605094
This is a BBC article from the day before yesterday: Sara Sharif death: Girl seen with injuries at school - neighbour https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-66593116
FOUND IT! It is in the BBC News section which summarises main stories in UK newspapers: Newspaper headlines: 'Putin breaks silence' and 'bomb blew up jet' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-66612229 as with all the other references, the BBC is merely reporting that the Daily Mirror reported that a note was found and, as we know, the Daily Mirror article was based on the Daily Mail ‘Exclusive!’ which was withdrawn.
The Daily Mirror leads on the search in Pakistan for the father, step-mother and uncle of Sara Sharif - the 10-year-old girl whose body was found at a house in Woking two weeks ago. A regional police chief tells the paper they are close to locating the three, adding that it is a painful matter "for all of us". The paper also cites reports saying police in Surrey found a note at the girl's home, naming her alleged attacker and saying she died by beating.
4) Finally, (and I apologise in advance if this is too graphic and upsetting), the note was reported to say that Sara had been beaten to death. Can any WS members with relevant expertise explain how someone who has been beaten to death could have their cause of death reported as “still to be established”? Could this be due to the multiple and extensive nature of her injuries meaning that they struggled to pinpoint which ones were the cause of her death? I find it hard to understand how a death by beating would not be identifiable, but I’m not a pathologist.

1) The story about the note originated in the DM which then removed the original article.
2) it appears that all other media sources reporting this story have merely quoted the DM or in some cases quoted other news feeds (which were merely quoting the DM).
3) I cannot find any reference to the note on BBC news - please can we have links to those reports or information about which episode of Today was involved (was this the Radio 4 news programme broadcast yesterday morning? If so, about what time was the relevant section?) I searched using Sara’s name on the BBC news app and found two articles from yesterday: Sara Sharif: Court rules girl's Pakistan family cannot be detained https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66603843
Sara Sharif murder probe: Fresh appeal two weeks after girl found dead https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-66605094
This is a BBC article from the day before yesterday: Sara Sharif death: Girl seen with injuries at school - neighbour https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-66593116
FOUND IT! It is in the BBC News section which summarises main stories in UK newspapers: Newspaper headlines: 'Putin breaks silence' and 'bomb blew up jet' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-66612229 as with all the other references, the BBC is merely reporting that the Daily Mirror reported that a note was found and, as we know, the Daily Mirror article was based on the Daily Mail ‘Exclusive!’ which was withdrawn.

4) Finally, (and I apologise in advance if this is too graphic and upsetting), the note was reported to say that Sara had been beaten to death. Can any WS members with relevant expertise explain how someone who has been beaten to death could have their cause of death reported as “still to be established”? Could this be due to the multiple and extensive nature of her injuries meaning that they struggled to pinpoint which ones were the cause of her death? I find it hard to understand how a death by beating would not be identifiable, but I’m not a pathologist.
I think the identical situation was in Logan M case.
Beaten to death, but the final blow was hard to establish.

IIRC

I see it happen all the time. I know men who dangle Green Cards to pretty young Asian and/or Eastern European women to attract a beautiful young subservient wife.
It happens far more than we realize.
Green cards don't exist in the uk (it's an American thing), so do you have a link that it is a regular thing in the UK?

The pathologist has not yet established the cause of death.
It's reported that an anonymous note says she was beaten to death.
The cause of death has been neither ascertained nor made public by a relevant expert.

'People want the truth': Mosque leader's desperate plea to Sara Sharif's fleeing dad​

The leader of a mosque attended by Sara Sharif’s family has urged the three relatives who fled the country following her death to cooperate with police.

[…]

Shah Jahan Mosque leader Hafiz Hashmi has appealed they come forward, pleading with Sharif to talk to investigators about his daughter.

‘First of all, a father should not leave his child like this. We can’t believe this… if a child is in a situation like this, we should stay in this country with our children,’ he told The Mirror.

Issuing a direct plea to Sharif, he added: ‘As Sara’s father, if you know police investigating want to speak with you, you should speak with the police. You should cooperate with the police.’

The imam has also reached out, through police, to Sarah’s grieving mother Olga Sharif to offer condolences and support.

‘I contacted the police because I wanted to pay my respects to the mother. At the same time I [wanted to] assure her that I will support and help her whenever the time comes – even if this is after the investigation,’ he said.

‘Sara is always here in our thoughts and prayers and we think of her loved ones and pray to God. Whatever we can do to support the investigation we are doing.’

[…]

Pakistani police are tracking a mobile phone SIM card belonging to a British father on the run after his ten-year-old daughter was found dead at home, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Urfan Sharif, 41, his wife Beinash Batool, 29, and his brother Faisal Malik, 28, fled the UK a day before Sara Sharif's body was found in Woking earlier this month.

Surrey Police, who have launched an international manhunt for the trio, said they are wanted for questioning over the murder of Sara.

Last night, detectives in Pakistan said they are confident they will track down the fugitives in the next 'day or two', after a nationwide search led them to raid ten properties and question some of Sharif's family members.

Taxi-driver Sharif and Batool, as well as Malik – who was living in the UK on a student visa – bought one-way tickets to Pakistan worth £5,000 before fleeing. Accompanying them were five children, aged between a year and 13.

Their Pakistani counterparts revealed last night they are closing in on Sharif, Batool and Malik. after they identified an active Pakistani SIM card registered in Sharif's name.

The SIM has recently been used by someone in the sprawling city of Jhelum, which lies about 70 miles from the capital Islamabad.

Khurram Ali, a senior police official in Rawalpindi, who is leading the country-wide manhunt for the three, said: 'We have traced a mobile phone SIM card which is registered under the name of Urfan Sharif and is being actively used by someone in Jhelum.'

Police searches for the three have focused on Jhelum, in the Punjab region, as Sharif's wider family live in the city.

Pakistani police are tracking a mobile phone SIM card belonging to a British father on the run after his ten-year-old daughter was found dead at home, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Urfan Sharif, 41, his wife Beinash Batool, 29, and his brother Faisal Malik, 28, fled the UK a day before Sara Sharif's body was found in Woking earlier this month.

Surrey Police, who have launched an international manhunt for the trio, said they are wanted for questioning over the murder of Sara.

Last night, detectives in Pakistan said they are confident they will track down the fugitives in the next 'day or two', after a nationwide search led them to raid ten properties and question some of Sharif's family members.

Taxi-driver Sharif and Batool, as well as Malik – who was living in the UK on a student visa – bought one-way tickets to Pakistan worth £5,000 before fleeing. Accompanying them were five children, aged between a year and 13.
There's a SIM card that just found a river. Sigh.

I'd rather this article held off for an arrest first.

He ditches the phone, then what?

There's a SIM card that just found a river. Sigh.

I'd rather this article held off for an arrest first.

He ditches the phone, then what?
The DM clearly have no interest in justice or care for poor murdered Sara and actually apprehending her murderer(s).
The first thing anyone on the run would do when they found out their SIM was being tracked is to dump it. It’s hardly rocket science, is it?
That newspaper really is beneath contempt. For them “The Mail can reveal” is all that matters and damn the consequences.

The DM clearly have no interest in justice or care for poor murdered Sara and actually apprehending her murderer(s).
The first thing anyone on the run would do when they found out their SIM was being tracked is to dump it. It’s hardly rocket science, is it?
That newspaper really is beneath contempt. For them “The Mail can reveal” is all that matters and damn the consequences.
I thought the same thing as I read this article just now; what a stupid move by the DM who are obviously so desperate for website traffic that they'll put the investigation at risk. I wonder if this article will also disappear within a couple of hours...

Mentions in the news report that Faisal Malik here on a student visa- 28 is quite old to be a student, wonder if he overstayed and that’s why he fled with them, knowing they’d all be under scrutiny.

Mentions in the news report that Faisal Malik here on a student visa- 28 is quite old to be a student, wonder if he overstayed and that’s why he fled with them, knowing they’d all be under scrutiny.
When I was at university, quite a few of the international students I met were around that age, so that in itself doesn't raise a red flag, fleeing the country does though. Unless he was staying with them (would be fairly crowded no?) and thought he might be a suspect too. It would be interesting to know how long ago the visa was issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces