UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the British police have had to detail evidence for seeking the detainment of the adult family members with Pakistani officials. A bit like a warrant for arrest which details probable cause. I think there is the possibility of a junior staff member involved in this process leaking information anonymously.
Leaks from the police in the UK is extremely rare these days; there is a very detailed paper trail of officers that access information X or Y.

As to the other question; as it's not a formal extradition, I can't see what the process would be. Usually the prosecutor (CPS) goes to a court to present what you call probable cause, and then the process begins. In this case, as nobody has been arrested or charged, and Pakistan isn't an extradition treaty country, I think this would be handled on an inter-governmental basis, and the Pakistani authorities are likely reacting simply to the fact that the UK has asked, rather than that probable cause has been presented. JMO.

Leaks from the police in the UK is extremely rare these days; there is a very detailed paper trail of officers that access information X or Y.

As to the other question; as it's not a formal extradition, I can't see what the process would be. Usually the prosecutor (CPS) goes to a court to present what you call probable cause, and then the process begins. In this case, as nobody has been arrested or charged, and Pakistan isn't an extradition treaty country, I think this would be handled on an inter-governmental basis, and the Pakistani authorities are likely reacting simply to the fact that the UK has asked, rather than that probable cause has been presented. JMO.
Sorry I should have been clearer. I didn't mean leaked by police, I meant through one of the channels that needed to be accessed to have the adults sought and detained in Pakistan. I imagine they have had to show cause.

Sara Sharif: Court rules girl's Pakistan family cannot be detained​

Relatives of the father of Sara Sharif, whose death in the UK sparked an international manhunt, cannot be detained in Pakistan by police for questioning on his whereabouts.
The decision was made at the Lahore high court, Rawalpindi bench.

[…]

Mr Sharif's family said police had illegally detained two of his brothers who live in Pakistan.

At the Lahore high court, Rawalpindi bench, Jhelum Police officers did not deny they had held the two men for several days but said they had not arrested them.

They told the court they had been instructed by Interpol to question the family about Mr Sharif's location. Both brothers have been released.

The court barred the police from detaining them again but officers said they would continue to question them.

[…]

The presence of a note would surely have only been known by a few people.It is reported to have been found under her body so would most likely to have been found by the doctor who certified her dead or pathologist who examined her before she was removed from the house,both I imagine, would have passed the note to a senior detective.

If there had been a leak from an official source then I would have thought all mentions of it would have been quickly erased from all media.
I haven’t seen the information about exactly where the note was found and I still haven’t seen anything to suggest this information has come via an official route.

The articles all use the phrase ‘it has been reported’ or ‘the Daily Mail reported’ or similar - not ‘Police have announced…’

They all quote other news sources, not the police. Indeed one had based their report on both the Mirror (which originally quoted the DM) and The DM. So unless the police force in question chooses to publicise information on this case by telling the Daily Mail so that they can print an ‘Exclusive’ which all the other media outlets then copy, I am not convinced this was released officially or with the approval of the force.

My other reason for skepticism is this:
What possible benefit is there in releasing this information to the public? How would it progress their investigations? The only thing it is likely to do is potentially endanger another child if they were the author.

I’m sure (if the reports are true and UK police believe that telling Pakistani police might help), they have ways of communicating the information which don’t involve a Daily Mail exclusive.

For the moment I continue to take an extremely dim view of the DM for publishing their ‘Exclusive!’ in the first place. The phrase Gutter Press springs to mind.

Sara Sharif: Court rules girl's Pakistan family cannot be detained​

Relatives of the father of Sara Sharif, whose death in the UK sparked an international manhunt, cannot be detained in Pakistan by police for questioning on his whereabouts.
The decision was made at the Lahore high court, Rawalpindi bench.

[…]

Mr Sharif's family said police had illegally detained two of his brothers who live in Pakistan.

At the Lahore high court, Rawalpindi bench, Jhelum Police officers did not deny they had held the two men for several days but said they had not arrested them.

They told the court they had been instructed by Interpol to question the family about Mr Sharif's location. Both brothers have been released.

The court barred the police from detaining them again but officers said they would continue to question them.

[…]

Due process has to be followed I guess... It's easy to be emotive about cases like this but the law is the law. At some point the UK is going to have to face how difficult this one is going to be, and there are now formal channels available to us, so if the POIs really fight this, they may win. IMO.

This is the heartbreaking moment the mother of murdered 10-year-old Sara Sharif laid flowers outside the home where she died.

The schoolgirl's badly injured body was found at the property in Woking, Surrey on August 10.

Her father, Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner, Beinash Batool, 29, and his brother, Faisal Malik, 28, are thought to have left for Pakistan the day before and are wanted for questioning.

Today, Sara's mother, Olga Sharif, 36, arrived at the house to lay a floral tribute - pausing for a brief moment of reflection after she did so.

It comes as police in Pakistan appealed to Mr Sharif's relatives to urge him to hand himself in.

Posted via the Surrey Police Facebook page earlier today, perhaps in response to the news reports about a note, essentially trying to clarify what information has been formally released by them...

JMO.

https://www.surrey.police.uk/police-forces/surrey-police/areas/au/about-us/operation-unison/

Operation Unison is our investigation into the death of 10-year-old Sara Sharif in Woking. This page details all confirmed information released by Surrey Police. We will keep this page updated as the investigation progresses.
Our investigation remains ongoing following the tragic death of the 10-year-old girl in Woking, who we can now identify as Sara Sharif.
Sara’s body was found on 10 August after police were called to an address in Hammond Road, Woking, at around 2.50am following a 999 call, which was made by a man identifying himself as Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif. This call was made from Pakistan.
On arrival, Sara was found dead inside the property. It is believed that Sara lived at this address.
An investigation, led by Surrey Police and Sussex Police’s Major Crime Team, was launched to establish the circumstances of Sara's death and this remains ongoing.
The post-mortem examination, which took place on 15 August, did not establish the cause of Sara’s death and further tests are being carried out. There is no timeframe for how long these tests will take.
The post-mortem did, however, reveal that Sara had suffered multiple and extensive injuries, which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time.
Detectives have identified three people they would like to speak to as part of the ongoing investigation into Sara’s death.
These people have been identified as Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner Beinash Batool, 29, and Urfan’s brother, Faisal Malik, 28.
OpUnison6.jpg

It is believed Urfan travelled to Islamabad, Pakistan, in company with his partner and his brother on 9 August. There were five children with them aged between a year and 13 years old.
Our enquiries remain ongoing to locate them and we are continuing to work with international agencies, including Interpol, the National Crime Agency and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to progress our enquiries with the Pakistani authorities.
We are also working with our local partners in Surrey to progress the safeguarding review.
We are also liaising with the Crown Prosecution Service.

Thanks for the link; this was the first time I saw her bio mom .
Sara sort of favored her in looks .

I think Sara was the only child of her bio dad and mom ?
Wondering if she was targeted and singled out for 'punishment' ; i.e., "you aren't like the rest of us --you look like ..." (bio mother) ?

She seemed to be scapegoated, I haven't read yet about concerns for the other children.
That's not to say they were treated decently, maybe the entire household was in chaos ?
How absolutely frightening for the little ones.
Omo.

Step Mother's jealousy perhaps Sarah was smart (asked a lot of questions/questioned her authority) and was beautiful and it infuriated her.

But the earlier reports said that he moved into HER apartment when they married.
I thought they met in the UK.
Yet, her brother says, she left Poland to be with the love of her life.

Some love it turned out to be!

It is always good to listen to family's advice.
But, unfortunately, love is blind.
And then, there is crying and gritting of teeth.

But the victims are ALWAYS children!

The innocent victims of adults' folly
:(

Was she used for a Green Card to Europe? It's common. Smooth-talking men target nice European women promise them the moon get married quickly then the abuse rolls in. I'd like to know if obtained citizenship through their marriage.

To break her spirit.

To make her a laughing stock at school and a victim of bullying.

To alienate a child from peers.

To make her a domestic slave.
To make her a free child minder.

To punish her for being an artistic free soul.

To scapegoat her and release own frustration by terrorising a child.

To feel in power, while feeling powerless in this marriage.

All my opinions

to break her. yes. It sends a message she is not a human but a subhuman and to make her feel ugly and unloved.
perhaps the step-mother was being abused by her husband, and took that abuse out on her.

Was she used for a Green Card to Europe? It's common. Smooth-talking men target nice European women promise them the moon get married quickly then the abuse rolls in. I'd like to know if obtained citizenship through their marriage.
Poland has been in European Union since 2004.
We can live in and work in all European countries which belong to EU.

Last edited:
Poland is in European Union from 2004.
We can live in and work in all European countries which belong to EU.

That's what I thought. Thank you for the info.
I wonder if he gained citizenship to the European Union through his marriage to Olga then dumped her and married a woman from Pakistan afterward? Was it a plan all along? His new wife seemed far more conservative.

I'm not surprised police new and didn't care. Me and and my brother were kept as slaves, abused and ee ran away told the police, they did nothing. They put me back with my abusers it be abused even more for many years.

I'm not surprised that police had an idea and di nothing. Me and my brother were being abused and kept like slaves, is as 8 and he was 16. We ran away and told the police. They did nothing, instead put me back to live with them for many years only to be abused, beated and raped further all before or even turned into a teenager.

I am sorry the police returned you to your abusers. No one should ever have to endure abuse.

That's what I thought. Thank you for the info.
I wonder if he gained citizenship to the European Union through his marriage to Olga then dumped her and married a woman from Pakistan afterward? Was it a plan all along? His new wife seemed far more conservative.
He has been living in the UK for 20 years.
I don't think citizenship of UK was on cards for both of them.

JMO

To control her, take away any power and freedom so she eventually be forgotten and become a slave. That's what a abusers ultimately want full control of their target. Poor baby Sara she lived a horror and surmount 9f pain she would not have express.

Does anyone think the stepmother used Sara as a personal slave and when she disagreed beat her? Maybe the stepmother wanted to marry her off and get rid of her but the Father disagreed so she killed her instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces