UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that does not mean that Sara was unrecognisable.
This was quoted as having been stated by the uncle of Sara. He could have been wrong, something might have been lost in communication, but this is what was stated in MSM. In any case, there is no point nor good taste in arguing over that statement, IMO.
‘In case of an accident people seek help, they call an ambulance. The autopsy showed bruises. Olga couldn't recognise her daughter.

This was quoted as having been stated by the uncle of Sara. He could have been wrong, something might have been lost in communication, but this is what was stated in MSM. In any case, there is no point nor good taste in arguing over that statement, IMO.
This could be referring to her being unable to officially identifying her and something as you say has been lost in translation.

I think if she was unrecognisable due to her injuries or other factors Olga would have been actively discouraged to view her.

Last edited:
Then what would the point be in the phone call? Or the story that Sara died from a fall down the stairs?

Would the adults, any of them, think that a note disclosing Sara died from a beating was in any way in their favour? Even if their name isn't on the sheet of paper, she died at home, and they are her guardians. How could they not have known the circumstances of her death? Why tell two different stories, one of which is a story of an accident, one of which is deeply indicative of them, at the very least, not intervening to save Sara's life in a homicide?

MOO
They're not actually telling two different stories.
'Fell down stairs' was told in Pakistan by the escaped adult(s) to a family member in Pakistan, presumably to explain their innocence in Sara's death.
'beaten to death by *advertiser censored*' was written in a note by an unknown person and left near her body in the UK where she died.
I'd say that, one way or another the statement in the note saying "running away because I am frightened' would apply to all of the family.

Police have launched a fresh appeal for information two weeks after a 10-year-old girl was found dead at her home.
Sara Sharif's body was found alone at a house in Woking, Surrey, a day after her family members flew to Pakistan.
Detectives launched an international manhunt and have now appealed to "people in the Woking community and beyond" who had contact with Sara who have not previously come forward.
Police said they were working to piece together a picture of Sara's lifestyle.
Det Supt Mark Chapman thanked people who had already contacted officers, but said: "We know that there will be lots of people in the Woking community and beyond who will have had contact with Sara who may not already have come forward, and we would encourage them to do so.
"Any information is better than no information.
"Although you might think it's insignificant, it might be vital to the investigation and in helping us to bring justice for Sara."
Sara's body was discovered at her home in Hammond Road, Horsell, in the early hours of 10 August.
Officers are working with the authorities in Pakistan to locate Sara's father Urfan Sharif, his partner Beinash Batool and his brother Faisal Malik, who were believed to have travelled to Islamabad.

Haven’t got time to read them all, but at least three were quoting ‘reports’ rather than a police statement or press release. This is from the Daily Mirror:

“Sara's exact cause of death remains unknown but tonight it has been reported officers found a handwritten note revealing who killed the schoolgirl.

The Daily Mail reports that the note was written by a family member and claims that Sara was “beaten to death” by someone known to her family.”

This is from LBC radio:
“A note was left for police claiming that someone beat the ten-year-old to death, the Mail Online reported.”

So if the other sites are all quoting the DM but they have decided to remove their original article it does cast a shadow on how and where they got the information and whether their decision to release it was in any way justifiable.
Yes, and once it’s claimed by DM, then it becomes part of the narrative even though it may not be true! They can delete all they want but they have sensationalized the story so we don’t know what is factual anymore…

The presence of a note would surely have only been known by a few people.It is reported to have been found under her body so would most likely to have been found by the doctor who certified her dead or pathologist who examined her before she was removed from the house,both I imagine, would have passed the note to a senior detective.

If there had been a leak from an official source then I would have thought all mentions of it would have been quickly erased from all media.
I don't imagine a note found by the body would have been passed to a senior detective or anyone else by the doctor or the pathologist attending the murder scene.
I trust it would be carefully bagged to be tested for fingerprints/DNA etc.

They're not actually telling two different stories.
'Fell down stairs' was told in Pakistan by the escaped adult(s) to a family member in Pakistan, presumably to explain their innocence in Sara's death.
'beaten to death by *advertiser censored*' was written in a note by an unknown person and left near her body in the UK where she died.
I'd say that, one way or another the statement in the note saying "running away because I am frightened' would apply to all of the family.
But then,
Why not to say to family in P the name of the alleged "framed" murderer?

"Oh, we are soooo scared, this person killed our beloved daughter.
We had to run away". :rolleyes:

Nah

IMO
Sara"s brother left the note and called authorities pretending to be his father.

IF the note is real, that is.

JMO

Last edited:
I don't imagine a note found by the body would have been passed to a senior detective or anyone else by the doctor or the pathologist attending the murder scene.
I trust it would be carefully bagged to be tested for fingerprints/DNA etc.
Obviously it would not be picked up and passed on without it being bagged and handled in the appropriate way. I was just pointing out how few people would have had access to the note and they all would be senior officials, so the likelihood of leaks to the press about the presence of a note seem very limited.

Last edited:
I feel very concerned for the sibling and I hope it wasn’t him that wrote it as he obviously wrote it in secret just for police to read and didn’t want it plastered everywhere to get back to his family.

I wonder if this uncle doing interviews is the person the family named in the note to protect themselves and acted as if they were in danger? Is this why he’s now on the scene and speaking out because he wants to paint the real truth of this family? Maybe reading too much into that.

I feel very concerned for the sibling and I hope it wasn’t him that wrote it as he obviously wrote it in secret just for police to read and didn’t want it plastered everywhere to get back to his family.

I wonder if this uncle doing interviews is the person the family named in the note to protect themselves and acted as if they were in danger? Is this why he’s now on the scene and speaking out because he wants to paint the real truth of this family? Maybe reading too much into that.

The uncle doing the interviews lives in Pakistan.

Police have had "historic" contact with the family of a 10-year-old girl who was found murdered at her home, a senior officer has said.
Det Supt Mark Chapman said Sara Sharif's family were known to Surrey Police officers for "some years".
It comes after Surrey County Council also said the family, who lived in Woking, were known to the authorities.
Three family members went to Pakistan before Sara's body was found on 10 August and are wanted by the police.
Det Supt Chapman told the BBC: "Surrey Police's contact with the family has been on a limited basis. It's been on a historic basis. And that goes back some time."
He said the police contact with the Sharif family "goes back some years" but declined to comment further.
The police officer also said the force had not referred the case to the police watchdog, adding: "Surrey Police have reviewed the position and it doesn't fulfil the criteria to alert the Independent Office of Police Complaints."
I'm not surprised police new and didn't care. Me and and my brother were kept as slaves, abused and ee ran away told the police, they did nothing. They put me back with my abusers it be abused even more for many years.

Police have had "historic" contact with the family of a 10-year-old girl who was found murdered at her home, a senior officer has said.
Det Supt Mark Chapman said Sara Sharif's family were known to Surrey Police officers for "some years".
It comes after Surrey County Council also said the family, who lived in Woking, were known to the authorities.
Three family members went to Pakistan before Sara's body was found on 10 August and are wanted by the police.
Det Supt Chapman told the BBC: "Surrey Police's contact with the family has been on a limited basis. It's been on a historic basis. And that goes back some time."
He said the police contact with the Sharif family "goes back some years" but declined to comment further.
The police officer also said the force had not referred the case to the police watchdog, adding: "Surrey Police have reviewed the position and it doesn't fulfil the criteria to alert the Independent Office of Police Complaints."
I'm not surprised that police had an idea and di nothing. Me and my brother were being abused and kept like slaves, is as 8 and he was 16. We ran away and told the police. They did nothing, instead put me back to live with them for many years only to be abused, beated and raped further all before or even turned into a teenager.

Im almost sure that the quarrel between Mum and the stepmother was about religious matters.

Sara was half Polish and Mum is Christian (Catholic).
Mum was very clear about giving the kids freedom to choose their religion, or lack of it, later in their lives.

But, as a school photo shows, Mum's wish was not respected.

Also, Sara's dream of becoming a model must have not been welcomed in this allegedly strict religious household.

I guess there were ever growing conflicts between Sara and stepmother.

This case is hot news in Poland - but mainly translations from British news.

JMO
I doubt this is about region. The poor girl was killed by her abusive family most likely her step mother who probably hated her and used religion or whatever she can find to abuse and control her with.

To break her spirit.

To make her a laughing stock at school and a victim of bullying.

To alienate a child from peers.

To make her a domestic slave.
To make her a free child minder.

To punish her for being an artistic free soul.

To scapegoat her and release own frustration by terrorising a child.

To feel in power, while feeling powerless in this marriage.

All my opinions
To control her, take away any power and freedom so she eventually be forgotten and become a slave. That's what a abusers ultimately want full control of their target. Poor baby Sara she lived a horror and surmount 9f pain she would not have express.

Obviously it would not be picked up and passed on without it being bagged and handled in the appropriate way. I was just pointing out how few people would have had access to the note and they all would be senior officials, so the likelihood of leaks to the press about the presence of a note seem very limited.
I wonder if the British police have had to detail evidence for seeking the detainment of the adult family members with Pakistani officials. A bit like a warrant for arrest which details probable cause. I think there is the possibility of a junior staff member involved in this process leaking information anonymously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1