UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm skeptical about the note at the moment, sounds a bit like a set up to me.
Do you think that the actual killer wrote it to put the blame on someone else or it was put out to debunk the 'falling down the stairs' story.
The being bullied for wearing a hijab story was quite swiftly contradicted by the report from a parent about her being seen in school with injuries and then being withdrawn from school the next day.

'Someone known to her family' isn't going to be any of the family or extended family, IMO. You don't flee with the person you claim to be scared of.

I think it was most likely written by one of the adults, to point suspicion elsewhere, and that is why Urfan called police after fleeing, because it fits the note's narrative of running away.

It has to be someone they can claim had a grudge against them and my guess (without knowing who else they knew who had the potential to fit this description) would be they have implicated Sara's mother or a partner of the mother. Just speculation.

MOO

If the 13 year old brother did write it, why have the police released it? Surely it puts him in grave danger in Pakistan?
MOO

ETA I see this has already been pointed out.
Do we know for sure that the note came via official police channels? If it did, why was the DM trumpeting it as an ‘Exclusive’? I’ve just searched on their website to have a closer read and find out if it really was released by the police officially (or given to them by a bent copper for a bribe) - I can’t find the article…..

Then what would the point be in the phone call? Or the story that Sara died from a fall down the stairs?

Would the adults, any of them, think that a note disclosing Sara died from a beating was in any way in their favour? Even if their name isn't on the sheet of paper, she died at home, and they are her guardians. How could they not have known the circumstances of her death? Why tell two different stories, one of which is a story of an accident, one of which is deeply indicative of them, at the very least, not intervening to save Sara's life in a homicide?

MOO

To me, the note is pointing the finger elsewhere, seeking to blame someone else, outside of family

The accident story was told to relatives in Pakistan. After telling that story, Urfan then left his family home ( or so we have been told, by his brother Imran ) so it was, imo, a save face story which he knew he wouldn't have to explain/discuss with them again, later on.

I think there was a level of panic here and rational thought might not have been foremost in their minds.

all MOO

Do we know for sure that the note came via official police channels? If it did, why was the DM trumpeting it as an ‘Exclusive’? I’ve just searched on their website to have a closer read and find out if it really was released by the police officially (or given to them by a bent copper for a bribe) - I can’t find the article…..

It is still on other media websites, seems to be only Daily Mail who have removed it.

It is still on other media websites, seems to be only Daily Mail who have removed it.
Haven’t got time to read them all, but at least three were quoting ‘reports’ rather than a police statement or press release. This is from the Daily Mirror:

“Sara's exact cause of death remains unknown but tonight it has been reported officers found a handwritten note revealing who killed the schoolgirl.

The Daily Mail reports that the note was written by a family member and claims that Sara was “beaten to death” by someone known to her family.”

This is from LBC radio:
“A note was left for police claiming that someone beat the ten-year-old to death, the Mail Online reported.”

So if the other sites are all quoting the DM but they have decided to remove their original article it does cast a shadow on how and where they got the information and whether their decision to release it was in any way justifiable.

Haven’t got time to read them all, but at least three were quoting ‘reports’ rather than a police statement or press release. This is from the Daily Mirror:

“Sara's exact cause of death remains unknown but tonight it has been reported officers found a handwritten note revealing who killed the schoolgirl.

The Daily Mail reports that the note was written by a family member and claims that Sara was “beaten to death” by someone known to her family.”

This is from LBC radio:
“A note was left for police claiming that someone beat the ten-year-old to death, the Mail Online reported.”

So if the other sites are all quoting the DM but they have decided to remove their original article it does cast a shadow on how and where they got the information and whether their decision to release it was in any way justifiable.
It might also mean that the culprits are already detained.

Wishful thinking?

Last edited:

This is from LBC radio:

The presence of a note would surely have only been known by a few people.It is reported to have been found under her body so would most likely to have been found by the doctor who certified her dead or pathologist who examined her before she was removed from the house,both I imagine, would have passed the note to a senior detective.

If there had been a leak from an official source then I would have thought all mentions of it would have been quickly erased from all media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1