UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they called him for help.
He might have organized the escape, and paid for it.

JMO
I, too, feel like the family calling the uncle for help once it was clear that she was too seriously hurt or dead seems to be the most likely option (based on the information we have atm). The call and movements would probably be easy to prove with phone data as well - might even help narrow down the time of the killing.
MOO

I have been thinking about this for a long time and I am not sure how to fit this in with everything else.

Was the uncle directly involved? Was Saras death a result of disobeying the uncle, or worse, fighting some (sexual?) abuse by the uncle and he ended up killing her without that being directly connected to the previous abuse she suffered (mostly) at the hands of her immediate family? Meaning the previous abuse seen on her was more of a "symptom" of things being wrong at the family than directly connected to whatever incident caused her death?

Was the uncle there, but not the killer? How did he relate to their daily life? Was he, for example, teaching Sara something? Was he actually living there? Was he just visiting for some unrelated reason at that time?

Was the uncle not involved with the death at all? Did the uncle just run over there after it had all happened and helped the family out and fled to avoid questioning and being accused of being an accessory to them running away? There was the talk of 2 cars leaving and I don't know how these 2 cars relate to anything.

Were there even more people involved, who did not flee with them? (but could have been in one of the 2 cars initially)

So many questions, so little answers. MOO.
Well if you think how many of them there were, they would require 2 cars anyway. 8 people in all including baby who should have had a car seat. So perhaps the father driving one and the uncle driving the other?

I, too, feel like the family calling the uncle for help once it was clear that she was too seriously hurt or dead seems to be the most likely option (based on the information we have atm). The call and movements would probably be easy to prove with phone data as well - might even help narrow down the time of the killing.
MOO
But then why would he flee?

If he lived in the UK, he could simply pay for tickets, organize everything and distance himself.

IDK

But then why would he flee?
Probably to avoid questioning and charges. I don't know how long had he been living in the UK and if he had and ideas about police and questioning in Pakistan - but if he did, then the Police in Pakistan are occasionally using a lot tougher methods than the police in the UK is allowed to.

Assailant makes it sound like they are trying to blame it on someone outside the family. Didn't Logan Mwangi's mum and stepdad initially try to blame it on some woman? I can't remember who the woman was.
The police made it clear from the beginning they were only looking for 3 people. I think if some other name was on the note they would not release it to the public.

MOO
Still baffling to me they didn't try to hide Sara somewhere away from the home, but left her there and alerted LE.
jmo

Still baffling to me they didn't try to hide Sara somewhere away from the home, but left her there and alerted LE.
jmo
Because they were long gone to a non-extradition country by then. Maybe they figured they were free and clear, and reporting the presence of her body at the home and spinning a story of an accidental death would be enough for them not to be pursued in any meaningful way.

MOO

Oh my heart, that makes me instantly consider the possibility it was written by a surviving sibling. That note sounds, to me, like it was written by a child, not an adult. If so, that poor, brave kid.

MOO

Or written by an adult pretending to be a child, in order to direct police attention outside of family

I have a feeling the note was written by her 13 year old brother.

Time will tell.

I would love for him to be reunited with Mum.
Yes. And maybe made the phone call too.

Perhaps he intended to run away but the family packed up and ferreted him away before he could.

The fear. I can't imagine. The helplessness.

jmo

Yes. And maybe made the phone call too.

Perhaps he intended to run away but the family packed up and ferreted him away before he could.

The fear. I can't imagine. The helplessness.

jmo
The phone call was claimed to be by Urfan, I guess the police wouldn't know for sure.

Police were called to an address in Hammond Road, Woking, at around 2.50am on Thursday (10 August), following a 999 call, which was made by a man identifying himself as Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif. This call was made from Pakistan.

The phone call was claimed to be by Urfan, I guess the police wouldn't know for sure.

Police were called to an address in Hammond Road, Woking, at around 2.50am on Thursday (10 August), following a 999 call, which was made by a man identifying himself as Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif. This call was made from Pakistan.

Well, it's been a question. Why would the father make that call? But now we learn about a note, identifying the murderer.

It stands to reason IMO that Sara would have had one ally in that home.... someone who needed the authorities alerted...

Heroic, if it's what he did. Absolutely heroic.

Jmo

I have been thinking about this for a long time and I am not sure how to fit this in with everything else.

Was the uncle directly involved? Was Saras death a result of disobeying the uncle, or worse, fighting some (sexual?) abuse by the uncle and he ended up killing her without that being directly connected to the previous abuse she suffered (mostly) at the hands of her immediate family? Meaning the previous abuse seen on her was more of a "symptom" of things being wrong at the family than directly connected to whatever incident caused her death?

Was the uncle there, but not the killer? How did he relate to their daily life? Was he, for example, teaching Sara something? Was he actually living there? Was he just visiting for some unrelated reason at that time?

Was the uncle not involved with the death at all? Did the uncle just run over there after it had all happened and helped the family out and fled to avoid questioning and being accused of being an accessory to them running away? There was the talk of 2 cars leaving and I don't know how these 2 cars relate to anything.

Were there even more people involved, who did not flee with them? (but could have been in one of the 2 cars initially)

So many questions, so little answers. MOO.

Urfan had a taxi, that would be one of the cars. The second car could be the family car/Beinash's car - or even Faisal's car.

They did not flee in the cars. The cars were on the driveway until late on the evening of August 9, long after Urfan, Beinash and Faisal had flown out of the UK. Other people must have collected the cars, which were gone by the time the police arrived at 3am. But those people did not necessarily know what had happened.

Assailant makes it sound like they are trying to blame it on someone outside the family. Didn't Logan Mwangi's mum and stepdad initially try to blame it on some woman? I can't remember who the woman was.

Yes they did. Or rather Angharad did, she tried to blame Cole's ex partner, who is the mother of Craig Mulligan. I am not sure if it is appropriate to mention her name on a public thread, so I won't, but the info is available by other means of communication, if you want to know it. ;)

Unless an adult instructed a child to write the note ?
Then what would the point be in the phone call? Or the story that Sara died from a fall down the stairs?

Would the adults, any of them, think that a note disclosing Sara died from a beating was in any way in their favour? Even if their name isn't on the sheet of paper, she died at home, and they are her guardians. How could they not have known the circumstances of her death? Why tell two different stories, one of which is a story of an accident, one of which is deeply indicative of them, at the very least, not intervening to save Sara's life in a homicide?

MOO

Well if you think how many of them there were, they would require 2 cars anyway. 8 people in all including baby who should have had a car seat. So perhaps the father driving one and the uncle driving the other?

The cars were left on the driveway at Hammond Road and not taken away until late on the evening of August 9, long after the three POIs had flown out of the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth