UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thankful to Pakistan who has taken an active role in support of apprehending the Father. It’s likely the decision to flee to their home country was that they assumed Pakistan would protect them against the UK. When countries unite, I have hope for humanity.
Im cautious to "praise the day before sunset".

But I have a glimmer of hope.

Im counting on the fury of these (alleged) murderers' families, who had to go into hiding.

I bet they are fuming about losing income/closing businesses.

Surely they mourn the little girl and feel shame that families' names are tarnished.

I guess hey cannot officially turn them to Police b/c of family loyalty, but maybe hint something or do it anonymously.

Putting pressure on both families might seem barbaric, but it could be the only way.

My fear is that these (alleged) murderers can flee into a big city, change names - and then it will be like looking for "the wind blowing in the field".

But I still have hope.

JMO

Last edited:
I know it’s too easy to criticise in hindsight, but this story is so terribly distressing and I can’t help thinking a child turning up with face and neck injuries and being withdrawn for “home schooling” the very next day should surely have rung some safeguarding alarm bells. Sadly, i think moving away and having deregistered Sara, she effectively became invisible to school authorities in her new area.

That poor, poor girl. Taken away from her friends and the school she loved so that her abuse could continue behind closed doors. If she was withdrawn from school just before Easter then she had months of misery with nowhere to turn and no escape before they finally killed her.

Whilst the father sounds deeply unpleasant and all three adults have no excuse for running away as they did, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sara was the victim of a genuinely evil step-mother who was the one carrying out the attacks. It was the step-mother who told a neighbour the withdrawal was due to bullying and the step mother who claimed to be home-schooling. As others have said, the removal seems likely to have been implemented to cover up injuries.
Is it normal to home school just one child out of a family of six if there isn’t some reason linked to them perhaps being particularly bright, or possibly struggling and (in both cases) benefitting from dedicated and focussed support? In both of these scenarios the schooling would be done by committed and attentive parents. The step-mother in this case doesn’t fit that description at all in my view.

I really hope they will be found and returned although I am not optimistic.

If nothing else comes from this, then the apparent loophole where an abused child can be wiped off the radar by claiming ‘home schooling’ and moving house to a new area simply shouldn’t be possible.

Something must have triggered escalation of abuse.

Sara attended school previously, was praised by teachers, skipped happily going there.

Maybe the birth of the latest baby strained stepmother's mental health dealing already with 5 children?

Father was not the epitome of a perfect, helpful husband.

And how does the uncle who also fled fit into all this?

JMO

Something must have triggered escalation of abuse.

Sara attended school previously, was praised by teachers, skipped happily going there.

Maybe the birth of the latest baby strained stepmother's mental health dealing already with 5 children?

Father was not the epitome of a perfect, helpful husband.

And how does the uncle fit into all this?

JMO
I'm thinking she was taken out of school to cover abuse, but also because the step-mom wanted Sara work at home with housework, childcare, etc.

jmo

I know it’s too easy to criticise in hindsight, but this story is so terribly distressing and I can’t help thinking a child turning up with face and neck injuries and being withdrawn for “home schooling” the very next day should surely have rung some safeguarding alarm bells. Sadly, i think moving away and having deregistered Sara, she effectively became invisible to school authorities in her new area.

That poor, poor girl. Taken away from her friends and the school she loved so that her abuse could continue behind closed doors. If she was withdrawn from school just before Easter then she had months of misery with nowhere to turn and no escape before they finally killed her.

Whilst the father sounds deeply unpleasant and all three adults have no excuse for running away as they did, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sara was the victim of a genuinely evil step-mother who was the one carrying out the attacks. It was the step-mother who told a neighbour the withdrawal was due to bullying and the step mother who claimed to be home-schooling. As others have said, the removal seems likely to have been implemented to cover up injuries.
Is it normal to home school just one child out of a family of six if there isn’t some reason linked to them perhaps being particularly bright, or possibly struggling and (in both cases) benefitting from dedicated and focussed support? In both of these scenarios the schooling would be done by committed and attentive parents. The step-mother in this case doesn’t fit that description at all in my view.

I really hope they will be found and returned although I am not optimistic.

If nothing else comes from this, then the apparent loophole where an abused child can be wiped off the radar by claiming ‘home schooling’ and moving house to a new area simply shouldn’t be possible.
Yes.
Given the information that posters have provided here:
during the four month period between 1st of April (start of the Easter Holidays just after Sara 'fell off her bike") and 10th August, when the police found her dead, someone in authority should have been looking for her to check on her welfare and/or education because she has been described as vulnerable and the family were 'known' to authorities.
If a child at school saw her injuries and asked her about them, did anyone else do so ?
Perhaps Sara made the fatal mistake of telling her parents that people were asking questions.

Police found a handwritten note at the home of schoolgirl Sara Sharif which names her alleged killer.

The Mail can reveal that the note claims the ten-year-old was 'beaten' to death by an assailant, known to her family, at their house near Woking in Surrey.

The note - scribbled in large letters on lined paper – was written by a family member and starts: 'Who ever sees this, it was XXXX who killed… (Sara)… by beating. I am running away because I am scared.'

It is thought to have been left for police to find and contradicts claims made by extended family in Pakistan that the little girl fell down the stairs and broke her neck.

Surrey Police found the note near Sara's body, which was half-hidden under a blanket, after being called to the home in the morning of August 10. They declined to comment last night.

Police found a handwritten note at the home of schoolgirl Sara Sharif which names her alleged killer.

The Mail can reveal that the note claims the ten-year-old was 'beaten' to death by an assailant, known to her family, at their house near Woking in Surrey.

The note - scribbled in large letters on lined paper – was written by a family member and starts: 'Who ever sees this, it was XXXX who killed… (Sara)… by beating. I am running away because I am scared.'

It is thought to have been left for police to find and contradicts claims made by extended family in Pakistan that the little girl fell down the stairs and broke her neck.

Surrey Police found the note near Sara's body, which was half-hidden under a blanket, after being called to the home in the morning of August 10. They declined to comment last night.
Oh my heart, that makes me instantly consider the possibility it was written by a surviving sibling. That note sounds, to me, like it was written by a child, not an adult. If so, that poor, brave kid.

MOO

I wonder if a child wrote that note.

Jmo

Oh my heart, that makes me instantly consider the possibility it was written by a surviving sibling. That note sounds, to me, like it was written by a child, not an adult. If so, that poor, brave kid.

MOO
I thought the same. Since the police have named Urfan as the one they want to arrest ,I wonder if he was the one named.

Are the Xs representing four letters? Cause then so far only “Olga” name would fit. Maybe they represent a short name from somebody in the family? Or the name of one of the children?
So many twists in this case…

Are the Xs representing four letters? Cause then so far only “Olga” name would fit. Maybe they represent a short name from somebody in the family? Or the name of one of the children?
I don't think they would be so obvious, I think it's just a placeholder, like [name]. I don't think anyone knows who was named on that sheet of paper right now except the police and SOCO.

MOO

And how does the uncle who also fled fit into all this?
I have been thinking about this for a long time and I am not sure how to fit this in with everything else.

Was the uncle directly involved? Was Saras death a result of disobeying the uncle, or worse, fighting some (sexual?) abuse by the uncle and he ended up killing her without that being directly connected to the previous abuse she suffered (mostly) at the hands of her immediate family? Meaning the previous abuse seen on her was more of a "symptom" of things being wrong at the family than directly connected to whatever incident caused her death?

Was the uncle there, but not the killer? How did he relate to their daily life? Was he, for example, teaching Sara something? Was he actually living there? Was he just visiting for some unrelated reason at that time?

Was the uncle not involved with the death at all? Did the uncle just run over there after it had all happened and helped the family out and fled to avoid questioning and being accused of being an accessory to them running away? There was the talk of 2 cars leaving and I don't know how these 2 cars relate to anything.

Were there even more people involved, who did not flee with them? (but could have been in one of the 2 cars initially)

So many questions, so little answers. MOO.

Last edited:

Papa or mama would fit too. (But I don't think the Xs indicate the number of letters. Imo.)

I have been thinking about this for a long time and I am not sure how to fit this in with everything else.

Was the uncle directly involved? Was Saras death a result of disobeying the uncle, or worse, fighting some (sexual?) abuse by the uncle and he ended up killing her without that being directly connected to the previous abuse she suffered (mostly) at the hands of her immediate family? Meaning the previous abuse seen on her was more of a "symptom" of things being wrong at he family than directly connected to whatever incident caused her death?

Was the uncle there, but not the killer? How did he relate to their daily life? Was he, for example, teaching Sara something? Was he actually living there? Was he just visiting for some unrelated reason at that time?

Was the uncle not involved with the death at all? Did the uncle just run over there after it had all happened and helped the family out and fled to avoid questioning and being accused of being an accessory to them running away? There was the talk of 2 cars leaving and I don't know how these 2 cars relate to anything.

Were there even more people involved, who did not flee with them? (but could have been in one of the 2 cars initially)

So many questions, so little answers. MOO.
I think they called him for help.
He might have organized the escape, and paid for it.

JMO

Hmm, just moo but the note could so easily be written by those responsible in order to place the blame elsewhere. Doesn't mean a sibling wrote it. It's not as though the children had any choice in fleeing so the 'running away' reference wouldn't make sense.

Maybe if a child wrote the note, they planned to run away from home. But, the family snatched up all the kids & headed to the airport, so the child was stuck.

And, now, the children are in a country that they were not raised in, making running away even harder (because they wouldn't know the area, places to go, a friend's house to seek shelter, maybe not even how to contact emergency services, etc.).

Moo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members