UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
What do you mean family known to council committee?
Moo..not everyone can get a council house. You need to apply be interviewed blah blah...if you are in a council house you can asked to be moved to a different area. Not saying child protective services were not involved...but that is not what is said...moo

I'm not sure why there's so much skepticism about the photo. It's a beautiful photo and doesn't look at all like a pageant queen, IMO. Pageant photos tend to be more over the top, with teased hair, false lashes, red lipstick, etc.

This photo looks like a little girl who got to wear makeup, maybe due to a special occasion like a dance recital, a play, or maybe just being in a wedding earlier in the day. I doubt it was daily wear and I don't think it means anything nefarious. If we find out more details, I may change that opinion, but a picture of a little girl in makeup isn't at all suspicious to me.

JMO.
We have found out more details.
This specific little girl had been suffering injuries over a longer period of time when she was found murdered, alone in her own home, her father, stepmother and uncle having fled the country in possession of 5 other children, shortly before she was found.
That makes it more than an innocent picture of a little girl in makeup, and I don't think that the people who identify, catch, and deal with the perpetrators of such crimes are likely to share your opinion.

This specific little girl had been suffering injuries over a longer period of time when she was found murdered, alone in her own home, her father, stepmother and uncle having fled the country in possession of 5 other children, shortly before she was found.
That makes it more than an innocent picture of a little girl in makeup, and I don't think that the people who identify, catch, and deal with the perpetrators of such crimes are likely to share your opinion.

Despite all of that, it still doesn't suggest the picture is nefarious. All those things can be true and the picture could still have been taken after a dance recital or something. I find nothing disturbing about the picture, honestly, assuming all her pictures weren't in makeup.

Not really looking for people who do or don't share my opinion. I'm just stating it for what it is. I don't think a picture of a little girl in light makeup is nefarious or suspicious, especially considering I have yet to see a play or recital or dance competition or cheer event or gymnastics meet in which the girls (even the pre-teen ones) aren't wearing makeup. I also think it does a disservice to assume it is suspicious without context for the day the photo was taken and by whom.

JMO.

Moo..not everyone can get a council house. You need to apply be interviewed blah blah...if you are in a council house you can asked to be moved to a different area. Not saying child protective services were not involved...but that is not what is said...moo

You don't need to be interviewed to get a council house though you do need to apply, anyone can apply. Council housing does not exclusively house families with social services involvement. That is definitely not the case.
However, if you are a family with a child on a Child Protection Plan and need/want a home or social services tell you you need to move for x,y,z reason then you are bumped to the top of the council housing priority list and are given a home pretty quickly.
IME IMO

Moo....Sara's bio mom sold skin care and makeup. My mom did the same...she practiced the products on me. The house seems to have gone strict Muslim with new wife. Modeling and makeup would not be allowed.....moo

Their involvement may have linked back to her mum. Possibly domestic abuse. It isn't uncommon that abusive parents use the family court system to further abuse their (ex) partners. If there was domestics happening at the time then social services may have stopped by.

It's far too soon to know whether it realistically could have been prevented.

Despite all of that, it still doesn't suggest the picture is nefarious. All those things can be true and the picture could still have been taken after a dance recital or something. I find nothing disturbing about the picture, honestly, assuming all her pictures weren't in makeup.

Not really looking for people who do or don't share my opinion. I'm just stating it for what it is. I don't think a picture of a little girl in light makeup is nefarious or suspicious, especially considering I have yet to see a play or recital or dance competition or cheer event or gymnastics meet in which the girls (even the pre-teen ones) aren't wearing makeup. I also think it does a disservice to assume it is suspicious without context for the day the photo was taken and by whom.

JMO.
I totally agree.

As much as it's clear Sara was mistreated, the photos don't give me any indication. To me, they look like she was dressed up for special occasions or specific events.

jmo

I'm stunned at how quickly these 3 adults and 5 children managed to organize and flee from the UK to Pakistan within a day of this child's murder. Big question I have now is how cooperative will Pakistani authorities be with British authorities? I doubt the three adults will be returned to the UK. They most likely will just disappear under the protection of the Pakistani government. Moo

So, it seems Sara was known to authorities, ‘Surrey County Council’said. Can this case get sadder …
I was hoping maybe that wasn't the case.
SS are so understaffed and the staff they do have are forced to take on dangerously high caseloads they cannot possibly manage and then we have yet more instances of children being failed. Sara has been failed. It's extremely upsetting.

Please remember that in these type of cases it's the parents that kill the child not the Social Worker. We don't know if anything could have been done to prevent this, it is the duty of every single person to report suspicions of child abuse, it's not solely down to social services, there are neighbours, family, friends, school, doctors etc who can all step in to save a child. Also parents can be extremely convincing and hide abuse so well that the risks are missed by everyone.

Obviously we don't know what the reasons are for the family to be 'known' so let's wait for the facts before we start bashing social services.

All moo.

JMO

Known to social services could mean many things. It might date back to the historic reason Sara and her brother were removed from her mother's care. It might mean school or midwife/health visitor had concerns and reported the family and social services investigated and nothing came from it. Or all the children are on a child protection plan and Surrey County Council have ducked it up in the very worst way. I'm very angry either way.

This might be why we've not had a statement from the local school police said she attended yet, if they were recently dealing with the family. MOO.

As often as we see Social Services getting it wrong in this way, where abuse is not tackled head-on - or possibly more often - we see cases where Social Services' heavy-handedness tears safe families apart. Just a thought. JMO.

The point being, they often get it wrong, either way. From my dealings with them I think it's cultural.

Can someone link the school uniform photo please I've gone back through the thread and can't find it.
I had a quick look and can’t find it, maybe a Mod deleted it.

Last edited:

campaigner for children in care has accused the authorities of a 'catastrophic' safeguarding failure after the local council admitted Sara Sharif was known to them before she was found dead at her home in Woking.

The shock murder of the 10-year-old girl, who was 'on the radar', has sparked an international manhunt as detectives try to locate her father Malik Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner Beinash Batool, 29, and brother, Faisal Malik, 28, who have fled to Pakistan.

The trio left the UK a day before the girl's bruised body was tragically discovered at the £500,000 family council house in the Horsell area of Surrey. All three are now wanted for questioning over Sara's murder.

In the wake of Surrey County Council confirming Sara was known to them, care home consultant Chris Wild told MailOnline: 'That 10-year-old girl was on the radar, she was known to local authorities, she was a vulnerable little girl and yet again the response was too late.

'It's just mass failings, the whole of social services needs a restart and an overhaul.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx