UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani police seek to arrest father of 10-year-old Sara Sharif, who died in the UK

LAHORE: Pakistani police are seeking to arrest a man in connection with the death of his 10-year-old daughter in the UK, officers in the eastern Punjab province said Saturday.

Sara Sharif was found dead at her home in Woking, on the southern outskirts of London, on Aug. 10, UK police said in a statement. They identified her father, Urfan, his partner, Beinash Batool, and Urfan’s brother, Faisal Malik, as people they want to speak to as part of their investigation.

An autopsy didn’t establish a cause of death but did show that Sara had suffered “multiple and extensive injuries, which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time,” the police statement said

Sara Sharif: Could police have told public sooner about trio who fled to Pakistan?​

Surrey Police denied the force was slow to release details of three people they want to speak to after a ten-year-old girl was found dead at home in Woking.

Local MP Jonathan Lord told ITV News London it was known "reasonably early" the trio had fled to Pakistan and questioned why officers didn't tell the public sooner.

Sara Sharif, 10, was found dead almost two weeks ago but it took officers eight days to tell the public that her father, stepmother and uncle were wanted for questioning.

[…]

"It became known reasonably early on that the people police wanted to talk to had fled abroad, maybe that could have been brought into the public domain a bit earlier on.

"But they were sure to say at the outset that there is no one locally they we are looking for and no danger locally.

[…]

In a statement Surrey Police said: "There were operational reasons why we were not able to confirm more details publicly earlier on in the investigation."

Interesting that the flat has been empty for 4 months since they left.

I thought council places are in demand by the needy.
4 months? Where did you see this?
Her body was discovered Aug 10 and the entire family vacated the previous day.

Why does it say they want to arrest the dad and not the other two? Apologies if that's been covered already as I haven't read the whole thread.
I have wondered that too. In quite a few reports I have read that all 3 of them are wanted for questioning ,but only he has been mentioned as being arrested.
I wonder if the police have more evidence,including forensics, which would enable them to legally arrest him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1