UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous comments regarding the presence of an Ambulance seem's to be a precaution to me rather than anything urgent, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the slow measured build up to the nighttime CSI.

I'm sure people on here know but for anyone wondering why they wait until after dark to conduct CSI this will be helpful knowledge from someone in forensics and helps understand what the the thought process of the forensic team will be.

"Before I started in forensics I thought using a flashlight even in a well lit room was crazy. But it actually works and I have truly found evidence because I chose to use the flashlight.. the oblique lighting that you apply with your flashlight creates contrast against a background. This contrast with the shadows lets you find things you might not other wise notice. Fingerprints are a perfect example where in a perfectly lit room with direct lighting you may not see the fingerprints. But apply oblique lighting and taking your time and you can where there are possible fingerprints to apply your powder and enhance.
The light also serves to centre your concentration while you are searching. I have had the occasion to be in extremely busy crime scenes with a lot of different things going on evidence wise. With the flashlight, it Centre’s your attention and highlights what you are seeing. The human eye and brain can sometimes play tricks and fill in blanks with what it believes should be there. ( example: sitting with a deceased person long enough that you swear you saw them breath because that is what your brain is used to)
Foot prints, fine blood spray against certain materials, small items on a rug.
So it seems redundant but really it has its purpose"

Thanks for that, Itsgrimupnorth. (It isn't really - I'm up north and it's really quite nice apart from the occasional rain). Anyway, that info from the horse's mouth is really useful. I suppose it's a bit like driving in the dark for some people. They find it easier to focus on what's immediately ahead of and around them.

These are the two stills from TFL cameras (note the car parked on the left hand side) but you need to see the actual 10 second clips to see the scuffle on the right during this time period

this is way down at the bottom of Brixton Hill though, unlikely she ever made it that far. Also, near mcDonald's brixton there is probably scuffles quite often

Hello guys. I feel bad for even talking about this but I used to work in forensics - and yes, I’ve yet to go through the posts before but the massive presence of CSI means they have probably found either a murder scene or body. We don’t respond otherwise.

It’s a really awful situation. And I feel terrible. It reminds me of all sorts of investigations I had worked on at the Met before.

What you do at WS has been noted before and it’s not always as much of a nuisance as the forum imagines. In this case it definitely seems as though Our Met had leads and did their job in good time. Keep the faith.

Do we know yet if the place that was being searched 2 miles from Poynders Rd is linked to Sarah or not? Haven't seen anymore mention of it!

20:37REEMUL BALLA
Latest news at the police scene
The forensic teams have left the scene having conducted their investigations.

A dog search was briefly carried out but that has stopped too.

A 'Polsa' search will be carried out by a team of police officers. This is when police line up and scour the area thoroughly in every nook and cranny for clues or leads.

This will happen imminently.

Updates on missing Sarah Everard as block of flats is cordoned off

A 'Polsa' search will be carried out by a team of police officers. This is when police line up and scour the area thoroughly in every nook and cranny for clues or leads.

So maybe this location is just one piece of the puzzle.

After someone mentioned about another road closed by police nearby, I had a look on Google maps traffic, and this is probably nothing (as there seem to be a lot of closed roads in the area right now) but the roads surrounding Craster Road seem to be closed too.

So just another search then - thank god

From BBC journalist who was at the scene and posted photos of forensics at work

“I left about half an hour ago, will be back from 7am on @BBCBreakfast. The latest from the Met Police re Poynders Road is that they are searching a variety of areas as part of their ongoing investigation and this remains a missing person’s enquiry.”

20:49REEMUL BALLA
A sniffer dog was called to the scene
Here are some photos as a sniffer dog was called to the cordoned off scene to find any clues.

0_sniff.jpg

0_sniff25.jpg

0_sniff-2.jpg

I was really fearing seeing footage of a body bag being taken out of Poynders Court tonight so it’s some relief that the forensics team has come and gone. Journos will now be laying siege to that building to figure out what the police were doing in there and in whose flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member