UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s assuming they even have a suspect. There may well be none.

Which could only really mean she's been "snatched" into a property. I've been leaning to this the last couple of days with no new developments or arrests, It's the only way you can disappear in between shots. They must have checked any suspicious vehicles by now in pursuing the abduction angle and the search of the area seems to be yielding very little evidence of an attack anywhere. It really does seem a long time into an investigation to have so little to go on at least going by what has been publicly shared.

i haven't read to the end of the thread yet (still on 47 after taking a break) but thanks to the kind poster above, now having these 5 second video files of 5 minutes apart - puts a lot of things I was wondering about to bed, quickly.

Now - had I known about that website nearly 2 days ago...sigh.

Not enough time to catch up on today's threads so far so no idea if this has been shared yet?

"The Metropolitan Police has also received a report of a sexual assault on a lone female on January 14, on a road half-a-mile away from where Ms Everard was last seen.

Other women have also reportedly come forward to the police, saying they were followed by groups of men in nearby Balham. Another woman claimed she was followed while walking with a buggy. "

Where are the DM getting the second paragraph info from? From comments underneath articles? From in here?

Search for missing Sarah Everard, 33, enters sixth day as new CCTV footage shows no sign of her | Daily Mail Online

Been debating whether to mention this or whether I am being paranoid but the screenshots of images from CCTV are really bothering me.

I know people mean well but I have concerns that someone may unintentionally post something that the police do not want in the public domain and then may prejudice any future trials.

I am not trying to moderate the thread and I do think it is great that everyone is taking the time to try and help but it does concern me.

I also think posting images of people that may just be going about their business a bit off but that might just be me.
I guess the police could block archived images if they wanted to preserve evidence

Not enough time to catch up on today's threads so far so no idea if this has been shared yet?

"The Metropolitan Police has also received a report of a sexual assault on a lone female on January 14, on a road half-a-mile away from where Ms Everard was last seen.

Other women have also reportedly come forward to the police, saying they were followed by groups of men in nearby Balham. Another woman claimed she was followed while walking with a buggy. "

Where are the DM getting the second paragraph info from? From comments underneath articles? From in here?

Search for missing Sarah Everard, 33, enters sixth day as new CCTV footage shows no sign of her | Daily Mail Online

Which second paragraph info?

I can see two people on the grass in that clip. The first one is moving from foreground to background, and the other is moving from behind the bus stop onto the grass?
Yeah I thought I could see something moving quickly too towards the background - almost like a ball being thrown but could just be bad video

STRANGE CAR & CAR MOVEMENTS

All JMO.

Take a look at the attached slides taken from the TfL feed for Clapham Northside which is very close to wherever SE is said to have visited that evening. For context, I've drawn a map showing the backs of Leathwaite Road and the spot this camera is trained on.

The reason I'm posting this is because someone else pointed out a figure captured at Clapham Northside at around 21.30, who is apparently also seen on CCTV in Poynders Road around 21.50. You can see for yourself that the stature and clothing of this man are very similar. The timings are a little off, but that only if you go by the exact narrative that's currently out there.

More interestingly is the car which is parked just behind this man in a car park very close to Leathwaite Road, which has some odd movements that night. The CCTV image shows the man on the pavement talking to someone, but behind him a parked car and another figure standing next to the car. This was 21.30 on 3 March.

So I had a little dig. The car left the carpark earlier at 20.05, and doesn't return until 21.30, at which point the man who I believe was in Poynders Road that night is captured on the street very close to the returning car, standing talking to someone.

What happens next is strange. Firstly, at 05.20 the morning after SE's last known whereabouts, someone is standing at the rear the car. Zoom in to the 05.20 slide and you will see it clear as day. This would have been the middle of the night. You can make your own conclusions, but I felt it to be noteworthy.

Secondly, the car itself is missing then from around 14.30 on Friday 5 March and does not arrive back until 02.52 on Sunday 7 March. I've randomly found a few nights where the car is out at odd hours then comes back at odd hours, but this is particularly of interested following SE's disappearance and the spate of sexual assaults in SW London.

It seems to be a local car, as I can find stills of it back until January. It is a four-door salon, has crome around the passenger window, and I initially thought could be a Tesla, Volvo, old BMW, or an old-model Lexus type.

As with everything, I'm not pointing any fingers, simply places some analysis out there that others can chew on. Please be careful for others and yourself (libel is no joke in this country) when making statements online!
Great job detective

(Just speculation of course) It looks to me like SE is living near Brixton Hill post office and could possibly have walked down through the Windmill/Thorncliffe area and along Kings Ave, which has a sainsburys local on it. Then she would have joined the A205 (Poynders Rd) and followed it the rest of the way (Cavendish Rd, Clapham Common etc.) to get to her friends house in Leathwaite Rd. If she was walking this same route back. She might of been ringing her boyfriend to say that she was about to come off the main road and walk through Kings Ave etc. and wanted to talk on the phone. Or maybe to say that she would be there soon and to put on some food or something.

Great find re Sainsbury’s on Kings Ave. SE’s direction of entry to this one when walking south towards A205 would fit with the CCTV image. However, I’ve taken a closer look on the Street View of this particular Sainsbury’s and it appears to have a slim water drainage grill running across its entrance threshold. I can’t see this in the CCTV pic of SE. My favoured one is still 21 Balham Hill, but I will check out the other ideas in your post for myself (thank you) - any particular hunch on the post office location other than the DM article re: Carter Mills/112C Brixton Hill? Cheers

Re: the Sainsbury's CCTV I think it has to be remembered the police would have complete footage of her visit in native quality.

Right now I just think it was released as it is a brightly lit image showing her full outfit perfect for an appeal.

Took me a while to see the reflection in the photo of someone taking the picture of a screen

(Just speculation of course) It looks to me like SE is living near Brixton Hill post office and could possibly have walked down through the Windmill/Thorncliffe area and along Kings Ave, which has a sainsburys local on it. Then she would have joined the A205 (Poynders Rd) and followed it the rest of the way (Cavendish Rd, Clapham Common etc.) to get to her friends house in Leathwaite Rd. If she was walking this same route back. She might of been ringing her boyfriend to say that she was about to come off the main road and walk through Kings Ave etc. and wanted to talk on the phone. Or maybe to say that she would be there soon and to put on some food or something.

You could, but from there IMO the logical (and shorter) route is the northerly one along Lambert and Strathleven Roads (terraced houses, tiny front gardens) Acre Lane and Clapham Park Road (busy, shops) then along Clapham Common Northside

MOO: I suppose if she'd changed her mind on the way back, she could have cut up to the north on an earlier turning than expected for an address nearer Tulse Hill

Last edited:
Going back to the traffic cameras and the new link of the snippets which has been useful - I have looked through quite a lot now and there are some where footage has actually been removed (I.e gaps of 10 mins or so on the Lambeth /Brixton hill one that tie in with the time Sarah would have potentially been walking up it on Wed night).

Is it feasible that police have actually got footage of her walking towards home/somewhere else (maybe with someone else) but they are reporting that the ‘last known’ footage was the doorbell cam so as to ‘call the bluff’ of the perp?

I do wish these threads were arranged by topics, such as:

A thread on CCTV/ stills discussion
A thread on Newspaper articles and media
A thread on crime in the area

...or whatever people are interested in.

That way you could jump to your personal area of interest and catch up on the conversation without having to read through dozens of pages of posts where the conversations are all mixed up. Just my personal preference for layout as it is clearer and enables people who don't have tons of time to join in and not end up repeating ideas/questions.

ETA: Not criticising the site or anyone else, just stating a preference.

Last edited:
Updates on search for missing Sarah Everard as police return to dive in a pond on Clapham Common again

The murky waters of Mount Pond were a focus of today's search
As police continue to scour Clapham Common, divers have again been searching bodies of water in and around the park for any sign of Sarah.

The murky waters of Mount Pond would be freezing cold, full of weeds, and have poor visibility.

Updates on missing Sarah Everard as police search a pond again

Going back to the traffic cameras and the new link of the snippets which has been useful - I have looked through quite a lot now and there are some where footage has actually been removed (I.e gaps of 10 mins or so on the Lambeth /Brixton hill one that tie in with the time Sarah would have potentially been walking up it on Wed night).

Is it feasible that police have actually got footage of her walking towards home/somewhere else (maybe with someone else) but they are reporting that the ‘last known’ footage was the doorbell cam so as to ‘call the bluff’ of the perp?

That, or the key word is “known”. Maybe they have taken footage down to study it believing they have sightings of her beyond Poynders but it’s still being verified with experts and F&F and therefore cannot be released as “known”. This may also explain the continued use of the phrase “not certain if she made it home” (paraphrased). Ie - they could simply still be reviewing the footage right up to her home address (and then possibly afterwards, if she left again to go somewhere else) and verifying figures as her or not her before concluding where her (digital) trail goes cold.

EDIT to add: yes, another reason may be that there are other POI in other images they have of SE and don’t want to alert them. Even releasing “we know she made it to X” without the image could alert the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member