UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find re Sainsbury’s on Kings Ave. SE’s direction of entry to this one when walking south towards A205 would fit with the CCTV image. However, I’ve taken a closer look on the Street View of this particular Sainsbury’s and it appears to have a slim water drainage grill running across its entrance threshold. I can’t see this in the CCTV pic of SE. My favoured one is still 21 Balham Hill, but I will check out the other ideas in your post for myself (thank you) - any particular hunch on the post office location other than the DM article re: Carter Mills/112C Brixton Hill? Cheers

Capture.PNG The Sainsbury's local is at Brixton Hill - the paving matches the CCTV photo of SE. Google street view attached.

Possibly they might think her mobile phone may have been thrown down there? MOO

Seems a bit careless if you've taken the person to just dump the phone in a drain close by. I guess it does happen and they have to check them.

I hadn't looked at it on street view, doh! You're absolutely right, it doesn't match the CCTV image. I have just seen the Sainsbury's local at the bottom of Brixton Hill, here Google Maps, the tiling of the floor matches the CCTV image. So that seems to be the one that she visited. Regarding the post office, its right next to the adress her BF has listed on companies house. I wasn't sure if I should be posting his actual address here so was using the P.O as a mock address. If she was staying at this address, this would mean she was walking on the main roads the whole route, which of course makes sense from a safety point of view. So straight down Brixton Hill, into the Sainsburys local and then onto the A205 and all the way up.

Thanks for the response. Ah yes, 266-270 Brixton Hill Sainsbury’s. Sorry to be a bore but that’s the exact one I had put forward a few moons back given it seems en route from where I felt she resides in the Upper Tulse Hill/Craster Rd area, but also because it matched the tile/paving layout as you’ve found too. Another poster then proposed 21 Balham Hill as similarly matching the tile work.

I now favour 21 Balham Hill Sainsbury’s for two main reasons:

1) It’s closer to her friend’s house in Leathwaite Rd so would have meant not needing to carry a bottle of wine further than she needed to, but also meaning a non-red wine would stay chilled longer (I don’t believe it’s known which colour wine was bought, so take this as you please).

2) The 266-270 Brixton Hill Sainsbury’s is on the right hand side walking south down Brixton Hill, as we believe SE would have done. That makes her entry direction to be entering on (her) right, but the CCTV shows her entering on (her) left, almost as if she’s coming back north on Brixton Hill. On the contrary, 21 Balham Hill Sainsbury’s is a v short detour from the A205 South Circular route we think she took exiting Leathwaite and therefore, if we presume she took a similar route TO her friend’s, she would have momentarily detoured south to the Sainsbury’s and entered on her left like in the CCTV. If it’s ever informed that CCTV cameras mirror/flip images, or further footage is released that shows SE initially went past 266-270 Brixton Hill and then double backed into it, then I agree it makes 266-270 Brixton Hill the more likely. But, on what we have/the above, I think she bought the wine at 21 Balham Hill.

And thanks for the added detail on residence - probably best to avoid mentions at this point but I’m with you (courtesy of other conversations I think I know the address(es) you’re referring to. I still favour Tulse Hill/Craster Rd myself (I think...).

Thanks again

And why did he not identify her as a girlfriend rather than a close friend in his first FB post?

It’s strange, especially given that his family seem to know and like SE. I was once rushed to hospital by a relatively new boyfriend who was in such shock that he described me to hospital staff as his “friend”. Despite being barely able to speak I certainly gave him a piece of my mind!

I do wish these threads were arranged by topics, such as:

A thread on CCTV/ stills discussion
A thread on Newspaper articles and media
A thread on crime in the area

...or whatever people are interested in.

That way you could jump to your personal area of interest and catch up on the conversation without having to read through dozens of pages of posts where the conversations are all mixed up. Just my personal preference for layout as it is clearer and enables people who don't have tons of time to join in and not end up repeating ideas/questions.

ETA: Not criticising the site or anyone else, just stating a preference.
Brilliant idea! Who would one speak to to put this forward?

I walked the route at lunchtime and there is CCTV all over New Park Road and the junctions. You also have Brixton Prison just down from it on Brixton Hill which for obvious reasons is covered in CCTV.

They must know more than has been given IMO

So would you reckon she most likely disappeared between Poynders Court and the New Park Road junction?
Because like you said from there on she would have been picked by CCTV.

Maybe even more specific this stretch of the route: Google Maps

Does anyone think they have a good explanation for why the police are continuing to focus their search on mount pond in Clapham Common?

They know SE got past this point, so are either thinking she returned to this area or that after something has happened something has been placed in the pond to dispose of?

If they haven’t had any sightings further up poynders road that might lead them to think she turned back.
Or maybe police are looking in drains and the pond for a discarded item.
View attachment 287808

It’s strange how long they’ve spent checking those ponds, I wonder is it because they’re sure she didn’t continue in the direction of home so she could have headed back, or else there was some sort of activity there where they think someone may have disposed of evidence in one of the ponds maybe.

Daily Mail updated

Search for missing Sarah Everard, 33, enters sixth day

Missing marketing executive Sarah Everard made a 15 minute phone call to her boyfriend on the night she vanished - as his family today told how worried he is about her and says he just wants her back.

The Durham University graduate spent a quarter of an hour on her phone making plans to see her boyfriend Josh Lowth the following day before her mobile was either switched off or ran out of battery.

Mr Lowth, 33, whose LinkedIn says he is Marketing Director at MA Exhibitions, later raised the alarm to police when she failed to meet him as she had arranged, her aunt confirmed.

Mr Lowth lives in a flat with friends in Clapham, which is a two minute drive from Poynder's Road.

Search for missing Sarah Everard, 33, enters sixth day as new CCTV footage shows no sign of her | Daily Mail Online

Brilliant idea! Who would one speak to to put this forward?
Thanks Kaykedi. I used to help moderate a site that has this system and it was very effective.
I’m assuming there must be a good reason why websleuths works differently, though. I’ve been following for a long time (years) and there have always been these mixed topic threads. So personally I’m a bit hesitant to suggest a change as it seems such an important aspect of the site.

Thanks for the response. Ah yes, 266-270 Brixton Hill Sainsbury’s. Sorry to be a bore but that’s the exact one I had put forward a few moons back given it seems en route from where I felt she resides in the Upper Tulse Hill/Craster Rd area, but also because it matched the tile/paving layout as you’ve found too. Another poster then proposed 21 Balham Hill as similarly matching the tile work.

I now favour 21 Balham Hill Sainsbury’s for two main reasons:

1) It’s closer to her friend’s house in Leathwaite Rd so would have meant not needing to carry a bottle of wine further than she needed to, but also meaning a non-red wine would stay chilled longer (I don’t believe it’s known which colour wine was bought, so take this as you please).

2) The 266-270 Brixton Hill Sainsbury’s is on the right hand side walking south down Brixton Hill, as we believe SE would have done. That makes her entry direction to be entering on (her) right, but the CCTV shows her entering on (her) left, almost as if she’s coming back north on Brixton Hill. On the contrary, 21 Balham Hill Sainsbury’s is a v short detour from the A205 South Circular route we think she took exiting Leathwaite and therefore, if we presume she took a similar route TO her friend’s, she would have momentarily detoured south to the Sainsbury’s and entered on her left like in the CCTV. If it’s ever informed that CCTV cameras mirror/flip images, or further footage is released that shows SE initially went past 266-270 Brixton Hill and then double backed into it, then I agree it makes 266-270 Brixton Hill the more likely. But, on what we have/the above, I think she bought the wine at 21 Balham Hill.

And thanks for the added detail on residence - probably best to avoid mentions at this point but I’m with you (courtesy of other conversations I think I know the address(es) you’re referring to. I still favour Tulse Hill/Craster Rd myself (I think...).

Thanks again

Strangely I have seen reversed photos of SE for this CCTV image in Sainsbury's (attached). I don't know why they do it...cctv-footage-of-missing-woman-sarah-everard-walking-alone-discovered-by-detectives-7578268.jpg

I really want to understand more if anyone has any idea how it's taken so long to walk the distance she has according to the last seen information and the distance she had to travel? I can't help but think the reason it has taken her so long is related.

Relatives were taking part in the hunt for the 33-year-old, who has not been seen or heard from since departing her friend’s house in Clapham at around 9pm last Wednesday. Ms Everard’s uncle Nick told the Standard: “The family are absolutely distraught today and it’s getting worse as the days go on, we still have no more information.

“I don’t know London well but I fear there could have been some bad people about who approached her. The family are searching with Sarah’s friends who have been absolutely amazing.”

Detectives are also trawling for more CCTV clues. The latest piece of footage is from a doorbell camera on the junction of Cavendish Road and Poynders Road near Clapham Common.

Family of Sarah Everard distraught as police appeal for footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member