UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"New CCTV footage near her home showed no sign of her during the time she would be expected to arrive"

"A camera from Carter Mills Estate Agent - near to Sarah's home in Brixton - has a clear view of both sides of the busy road and shows no sign of her between 9.30pm and 10.30pm when she would be due back. "

Source: Daily Mail.
Missing Sarah Everard 'made 15 minute phone call to her boyfriend' moments before she vanished on walk home as family say he is 'very worried' about her while police search pond for clues

Is anyone good at identifying cars? I'm still intrigued by the car that parked up at Hazelbourne at 9:05, was there at 9:15 and gone by 9:20. The timings would work out for her to cross there at around that time to be at Poynders Rd/Clarence Av at 9:30.

There's a shot at 9:40 at the end of Poynders of what looks like the back of it but my car knowledge is none existent, if anyone could identify the model it would be great to know if it's the same model in both shots.

View attachment 287802View attachment 287798 View attachment 287800 View attachment 287801

The parked car looks like a Hyundai Sante Fe old model. It's not the same car as the snippet in the last frame.

Is anyone good at identifying cars? I'm still intrigued by the car that parked up at Hazelbourne at 9:05, was there at 9:15 and gone by 9:20. The timings would work out for her to cross there at around that time to be at Poynders Rd/Clarence Av at 9:30.

There's a shot at 9:40 at the end of Poynders of what looks like the back of it but my car knowledge is none existent, if anyone could identify the model it would be great to know if it's the same model in both shots.

View attachment 287802View attachment 287798 View attachment 287800 View attachment 287801

I’m no expert but they look different to me - the first one looks as if it has moulded ridges on the roof which I can’t see on the last photo.

That is not Hazelbourne - It is Balham Hill and the car is parked up directly next to takeaways that would have been open - I would suggest it is that rather than anything nefarious

The more I think about it the more I don't think she went through the Common. The amount of time it took her to get to the doorbell does not make sense if she did. Even those comfortable I doubt would take their sweet time walking through it.

By 'walking through the Common', I assume this is walking down the South Circular (A205) which cuts through the park. At that time the road is still very busy and a car would likely pass you every 5 seconds or so. I've lived very close to there for a number of years and wouldn't have a problem walking down that road at night.

If she walked through the middle of the park, that is a little less comfortable but I can't really see a logical reason for doing that as it would've extended her journey time.

That, or the key word is “known”. Maybe they have taken footage down to study it believing they have sightings of her beyond Poynders but it’s still being verified with experts and F&F and therefore cannot be released as “known”. This may also explain the continued use of the phrase “not certain if she made it home” (paraphrased). Ie - they could simply still be reviewing the footage right up to her home address (and then possibly afterwards, if she left again to go somewhere else) and verifying figures as her or not her before concluding where her (digital) trail goes cold.

EDIT to add: yes, another reason may be that there are other POI in other images they have of SE and don’t want to alert them. Even releasing “we know she made it to X” without the image could alert the perp.

Thanks @Parmalade - that’s what I was thinking - they may know exactly where Sarah has gone but keeping it to themselves until the full evidence is in place to arrest so as not to alert the perp

That is not Hazelbourne - It is Balham Hill and the car is parked up directly next to takeaways that would have been open - I would suggest it is that rather than anything nefarious

Oh I very much agree that it's unlikely, there's an M&S there too, but I thought it warranted mentioning.

And Hazelbourne is the road on the right hand side where I believe she walked down, just in front of the bus stop.

Sorry, but I don't see anything conclusive or even suggestive in these images. That's not to say that you are not on to something, but these images are too low-resolution. I just see blobs. A figure wearing a dark jacket, light-coloured shirt and dark trousers. Yes, I can zoom in but I still see only blobs, just larger ones. Millions of people wear similar, nondescript combinations of clothing.

As for the car, again I see blobs, with no distinguishing details.

To be honest, I have a problem with all these CCTV images that people have been poring over. Presumably, police have access to much higher resolutions, where details can be distinguished, and then individuals and vehicles can be identified. But I don't see how any conclusions can be drawn from the vast majority of these low-res images that have been posted.

You say that you believe that the same man was in Poynders Road that night. Have you got a link for an image from there where this man is shown?

As I said before, I'm not completely dismissing the possibility that this man was up to something. If I had the time, which I don't, I'd probably go down there to take a look.

If you have followed a lot of cases on here you would be surprised how much is missed or overlooked by the police. JMO MOO

Oh I very much agree that it's unlikely, there's an M&S there too, but I thought it warranted mentioning.

And Hazelbourne is the road on the right hand side where I believe she walked down, just in front of the bus stop.

There is a car that appears in the last second of the 21:30 clip on Poynders that looks like it could be a similar car.

Does anyone think they have a good explanation for why the police are continuing to focus their search on mount pond in Clapham Common?

They know SE got past this point, so are either thinking she returned to this area or that after something has happened something has been placed in the pond to dispose of?

If they haven’t had any sightings further up poynders road that might lead them to think she turned back.
Or maybe police are looking in drains and the pond for a discarded item.
upload_2021-3-9_15-20-43.jpeg

The stretch from the Common to Kings Avenue seems such an unlikely place for something to have happened with all the traffic. The first part the houses are on top of the road and then once you get past Abbeville Road it opens up but the pavements are wide with buildings set back from the road and no bushes. Even on the right hand side which seems the less likely side, it's driveways and railings. If she went down Clarence Avenue and cut through Crescent Lane to the Windmill area then that can be sketchy, I never felt too comfortable passing through there.

I asked this in part 2 of the thread, and guess it might have been missed (or was such a stupid question that it's not worth dignifying with a reply)

But: would an iPhone chucked down a drain become invisible to its network?

The Police asked for any footage available along this route: Google Maps

I walked the route at lunchtime and there is CCTV all over New Park Road and the junctions. You also have Brixton Prison just down from it on Brixton Hill which for obvious reasons is covered in CCTV.

They must know more than has been given IMO

So the drains search is most likely to be for the phone imo. The continued focus on the common, along with not releasing the sighting at Poynders suggests to me it may not have been her. Did someone drop her phone in a drain after leaving her? JMO

Does anyone think they have a good explanation for why the police are continuing to focus their search on mount pond in Clapham Common?

They know SE got past this point, so are either thinking she returned to this area or that after something has happened something has been placed in the pond to dispose of?

If they haven’t had any sightings further up poynders road that might lead them to think she turned back.
Or maybe police are looking in drains and the pond for a discarded item.
View attachment 287808

My only thought is perhaps they have someone on camera coming out of Cavendish and going into the Park itself shortly after she disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist