Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking the kidnap charge could have something to do with police being sure SE was alive for a significant period of time after being put in the car. Either he has admitted it himself or there is evidence to suggest she was alive at the scene at some point where her body was found.
It’s common for the police to first charge a suspect with kidnap whilst they’re gathering enough evidence for a murder charge to stick. Even if he only took her a few metres against her will it’s still kidnap. It doesn’t mean she was definitely taken on a long journey alive.

I think it may have all ended very quickly.

Interesting re the owners suggesting people do go there. But I think the suggestion from the Daily Mail that he and his wife took the kids on walks there is rather far fetched. I think perhaps they saw pictures of the family exploring in the woods on EC Facebook before it shut down, put 2 and 2 together and made 5. Locals stated those pictures were very different woods and they didn’t think it likely that you’d take your family for a wander around this disused site.

Not to mention it's a 40 odd minute drive when there are far nicer places to go much closer to Deal

Police are conducting a search operation in a network of tunnels and passages in Dover in connection with the Sarah Everard case.

Suspect Wayne Couzens, a 48-year-old serving Metropolitan police officer from Deal, used to work at his family's car garage BCB Dover on the Western Heights.

Major search underway at network of Dover war tunnels in Sarah Everard case

This makes me think they are checking for other bodies. Hmm. He must have been committing other crimes, surely?

Place near Western Heights is a well known dogging site.

It was confirmed by Kent Fire & Rescue that this was just a routine training exercise and not part of the investigation.

Cops search Sarah suspect Wayne Couzens' family garage near military tunnels

JMO and no one has been found guilty of anything yet but when this gets to trial I expect that we might find out that actually the case and the police got a very lucky break in charging a suspect with the Bus Cam. It’s only the papers claiming he had been under surveillance a couple of days, even then it’s possible as the leaks were on Monday that she had disappeared into thin air and they genuinely had nothing to go on

I think it’s plausible there was no CCTV as it would be the first area checked Friday morning. Some papers suggested deliberately targeting a black hole for it.

Possible use of false plates, obscure location for a body, possible evidence it was sadly hard to identify.

There has been a presumption that the accused is not the brightest bulb in the box but it might transpire that actually the key piece of evidence in the whole thing is a fortuitous image from a bus camera passing.
Our own member LeopardLeotard reported that there was a black vehicle watching the house the day before and the day of the arrest. She lives across the road and saw them being taken in.

FYI Sleuthers: Under contempt of court laws in UK -- be advised sourced info will not be forthcoming until after the trial...

Sarah Everard murder case: What happens next?

12 March 2021

[..]

Wayne Couzens will be taken to Westminster Magistrates' Court for his first court appearance.

All such proceedings start at the magistrate level, where a defendant confirms personal details such as their name, date of birth and where they live. Serious crimes, known as indictable offences, are always sent up to crown court.

The 48-year-old will then appear at crown court - most likely the Central Criminal Court in London, which is better known as the Old Bailey.

A judge will listen to the background of the case and can grant or refuse bail - although it is extremely rare for someone accused of murder to be granted bail. The judge will also set a date for a plea hearing and, should Mr Couzens plead not guilty, he will go on to be tried by a jury.

[..]

Custody ahead of a trial carries a time limit which is currently eight months, but this can be reviewed, extended or cut by a judge.

There are protocols in place to expedite the most serious cases, both in the interests of public protection and management of dangerous offenders on remand.

Any trial could well take place this year, should it be fast-tracked.

[..]

Particularly now there has been a charge in the case, people need to be especially cautious about what they post about it on social media.

Posts should not include comments claiming or implying that any suspect is guilty of an offence of which they have been accused, nor anything else that could prejudice a trial or impede the administration of justice.

This is because, according to English law, everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proven guilty and everyone has the right to a fair trial.

Criminal proceedings against Mr Couzens have been "active" since his arrest.

This means that under contempt of court laws, nothing should be published that could cause a substantial risk of seriously prejudicing or impeding the legal process, for example by influencing potential jurors.

[..]

As is usual, because one of its own has been arrested, the Met referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) as well as its in-house Directorate of Professional Standards.

[..]

Ms Everard's last known movements were at about 21:30 GMT on 3 March, shortly after she got off the phone to her boyfriend.

It took roughly 36 hours for police to make their initial appeal for information about the whereabouts of the marketing executive.

But the findings of investigations into the way the case was handled would not be made public until after any murder trial.

Police are conducting a search operation in a network of tunnels and passages in Dover in connection with the Sarah Everard case.

Suspect Wayne Couzens, a 48-year-old serving Metropolitan police officer from Deal, used to work at his family's car garage BCB Dover on the Western Heights.

Major search underway at network of Dover war tunnels in Sarah Everard case

This makes me think they are checking for other bodies. Hmm. He must have been committing other crimes, surely?

Place near Western Heights is a well known dogging site.
I thought that was said to be unrelated?

I believe the info was that the photo was taken earlier - before she went to her friend's house - from above outside a supermarket and linked with the info about the ring doorbell footage - the latter of which was not released. You might need to read back to see the full discussion on that.

your right imagine was taken earlier before she went to her friends because she was wearing a mask going into a supermarket

Out or curiosity, now that EC has been released... what is the general protocol there if anyone knows? She obviously can't return home, would they arrange accommodation for her?
I think at some stage they release the house, maybe not yet though. He has family, she could stay with them, I expect or wherever her children are. It would be in their best interest to have their mother with them at this awful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member