Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any opinions about when a trial will take place? Will they fast track this or could it be as late as next year?
It will initially be given a date approx 6 months hence so around Sept 2021 however , it will depend on wether a guilty plea is anticipated and what dates are free in the court diary for a trial of this magnitude. It will, IMO, be held sooner rather than later due to the Public interest in this case and rightly so but it will also depend on any forensic submissions being conducted and resulted and any pre trial issues and disclosure to the defence etc
There may also have to be reports prepared on the accused WC , which can take time .
Therefore, I suspect that any trial t this year will be a tall order and the likelihood is that we will be looking at the start of 2022 for the trial to commence. In the meantime, the case will now be subject to subjudice laws and reporting on the evidence of this case will be prohibited to ensure integrity of the future trial . Only court dates will be reported.

FYI Sleuthers: Under contempt of court laws in UK -- be advised sourced info will not be forthcoming until after the trial...

Sarah Everard murder case: What happens next?

12 March 2021

[..]

Wayne Couzens will be taken to Westminster Magistrates' Court for his first court appearance.

All such proceedings start at the magistrate level, where a defendant confirms personal details such as their name, date of birth and where they live. Serious crimes, known as indictable offences, are always sent up to crown court.

The 48-year-old will then appear at crown court - most likely the Central Criminal Court in London, which is better known as the Old Bailey.

A judge will listen to the background of the case and can grant or refuse bail - although it is extremely rare for someone accused of murder to be granted bail. The judge will also set a date for a plea hearing and, should Mr Couzens plead not guilty, he will go on to be tried by a jury.

What sort of time frame will the above take place in? Will he go from magistrates to crown court on the same day? Will plea hearing be set for a few days later?

Unsurprising to see that WC began his career with the Met in Bromley, as it's the most convenient borough for someone commuting from Kent.

It's worth highlighting that the Indecent Exposure incident on Feb 28th, reportedly at Swanley McDonald's, falls under that borough. (it's very much where Kent meets London)

I wonder whether the referral to the IOPC is merely the Met covering themselves as it would've been response officers at Bromley who attended, and up until recently he was... a response officer at Bromley.

Sadly, this also seems to suggest that I share acquaintances with him.

I'm not sure what it says about him that he committed this offence in an area where he had - up until recently - worked.

Unsurprising to see that WC began his career with the Met in Bromley, as it's the most convenient borough for someone commuting from Kent.

It's worth highlighting that the Indecent Exposure incident on Feb 28th, reportedly at Swanley McDonald's, falls under that borough. (it's very much where Kent meets London)

I wonder whether the referral to the IOPC is merely the Met covering themselves as it would've been response officers at Bromley who attended, and up until recently he was... a response officer at Bromley.

I'm not sure what it says about him that he committed this offence in an area where he had - up until recently - worked.

I think it suggests he's brazen AF or just not very intelligent

Out or curiosity, now that EC has been released... what is the general protocol there if anyone knows? She obviously can't return home, would they arrange accommodation for her?

She will have to comply with certain conditions like staying at a specific address, not contacting certain people, given the fact she is Ukrainian I would imagine she has had to hand over her passport too, to reduce the risk of running - not that I’m saying she would, just that it’s standard protocol. She will also have to report to a certain police station at agreed times. If she breaks any of her conditions she can basically be re-arrested.

"
As is usual, because one of its own has been arrested, the Met referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) as well as its in-house Directorate of Professional Standards.

Both are responsible for investigating complaints about the professional conduct of officers.

The IOPC has also launched an investigation into the Met's initial handling of the missing person investigation."

Sarah Everard murder case: What happens next?

So the Bromley rape turned out to be someone else, but IMO there is going to be a lot of this kind of thing emerging over the coming weeks/months - old crimes looked at again, old photofits surfacing, previous victims coming forward, etc. I think he's a serial offender, most likely IMO rapes, attempted rapes sexual assaults, etc. I think he's been active for a long time.

I can't decide if I think he's a serial murderer. When the Ashford site was first identified, I wondered if they were finding multiple bodies and if the sheer weight of forensic evidence was what was delaying Sarah's identification. But I also think aspects of her murder and especially her disposal (sorry, terrible word) were sloppy and disordered, which makes me wonder if it was an unintended outcome of what began as a rape or sexual assault, and his first time.

What seems sure is he's very dangerous. I know that lots of people here don't want him to succeed in suiciding, but personally all I care about is that, one way or another, this man is off the street for good.

And fwiw, I think they found the Ashford site by technological means. It's all about control with him. I don't think he will have cooperated in the least, let alone confessed.

All JMHO and total speculation of course. I hope it's still okay to post thoughts like this and apologise if the sub judice rules change that. I will delete if necessary of course.

I live in the Bromley area and have been thinking that WC looks vaguely familiar but thought it was probably just coincidence, but this is chillingly similar and makes me wonder now if I've possibly seen him around before. Sickening.
Just a question PUA websites, saw that mentioned a few times on threads, what does that mean?
Pick up artist. Google it. And there is no evidence whatsoever that he was involved in that - it was one poster on a hobby horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member