UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching SkyNews now, they are reporting dogs arriving at the search site. This search is far from over, for whatever reason.

I asked last night if anyone had seen this level of police activity before (I haven't followed many cases on here).

The amount of unmarked police vehicles entering was staggering, along with police helicopter, is that usual for a missing person?

Sorry I’ve just caught up with this again. For those asking about the references to number plates - number 6) in this article notes that a member of public found number plates near by and they were placed in evidence bags. No suggestion yet that it’s linked/he used them - would be odd for him to have left them there?

The search for Sarah Everard: What we know about her last movements

I asked last night if anyone had seen this level of police activity before (I haven't followed many cases on here).

The amount of unmarked police vehicles entering was staggering, along with police helicopter, is that usual for a missing person?

For a vast search site, yes, i don't think it is unusual.

I find certain theories a bit insulting. Some people seem to jump to certain conclusions when the victim is a woman (in Sarah's case, 'She must have known him' or 'maybe they were having an affair', or even the theory she was urinating in public. Luckily not many people on here seem to believe such things, but it seems fairly obvious to me that WC is most likely a long time sex offender, and came across Sarah as she walked home and took a chance to escalate his perverted fantasy.

My mother had several terrifying encounters with strange men at night when she lived in London as a young woman in the 70's, one man even drove after her into a deserted street and tried to pull her into his car, shouting that he was going to rape and kill her. Whilst it seems almost other worldly to the majority of us, these predators are very real and can strike at any moment, should the circumstance allow.
I concur. Previous connections to the killer haven’t even popped into my mind until I read opinions. This murderer had no impulse control over his sexual fanatical continual progressive perverted ideology. imo, this wasn’t a little propositional “cop a feel” trade off in lieu of issuing a ticket that went sideways at a traffic stop.

We had a missing person's investigation near my house over Xmas. It wasn't a suspicious one, but there was a huge search. He was eventually found when the nearby pond melted.

For a vast search site, yes, i don't think it is unusual.

Could be a number of things - sniffing to see which way a perp may have entered/left. If not all remains have been found, could be trying to use scent to locate the rest, or if the remains are whole but difficult to identify, could be trying to see if discarded clothing or property nearby could help ID either/both SE and the perp. If cadaver dogs, might even be trying to see if the perp has used this site before with other victims.

According to the ONS, as of March 2019 in England and Wales, the percentage of women killed by a stranger was 6%. Those are your wrong place wrong time cases.

37% of female murders actually had no suspect identified at all. It is possible they were strangers too, but it cannot be confirmed. If we assume that this entire 37% were strangers then the percentage range for stranger murder is as low as 6% up to a potential maximum of 43% if we credit all unidentified killers as strangers. This means that an average of 27% of female murders are conducted by a stranger.

The stats show that women killed by someone they knew sits in a percentage range of at least 57% and up to a potential maximum of 93% if we credit all unidentified killers as being known to the victim. This means that an average of 73% of female murders are conducted by someone they knew.

So SE was around 3 times more likely to have been murdered by someone she knew, than a stranger. It is of course entirely possible she has been murdered by a stranger, but it is significantly less likely.
Thank you. This analysis should be pinned somewhere for easy access :)

I'm really saddened to hear how this has developed and that a police officer, someone who is meant to protect, has been arrested for her murder.

I can't help but think his actions have been a bit sloppy though. I mean, he would have known he could easily be traced by number plates and the like. Or did he get a bit too comfortable on this occasion?

As a Londoner, close to Sarah's age, who regularly goes for evening walks, I find myself hyper-aware of those sat in cars as I pass them or those who pull up next to me. It's certainly not something I would entertain, although someone alleging to be a policeman, perhaps undercover, may just get my attention.

JMO

But I think the home security camera had picked SE walking past Poynders or even WC car going past and then going back again. The London Bus CCTV camera had captured WC and the car. Something has happened in that time frame.
WC is obviously a built/ larger (animal) so my guess is that he managed to put his hand over her mouth or even possibly injured her whilst she struggled, deeming her unconscious- hence he could move her into his car. Maybe he could have tied her up, where she couldn't really move and the child lock was on in the car, so even more of a chance of not getting away. I don't like to think of what would've happened when getting towards the countryside.

This may be his first murder possibly...He's got rid of SE and then come back home to see how he can get rid of the evidence. He may have lied to the wife- EC, by saying something along the lines of hit and run etc and she's scared that he'll be taken away/ arrested, so has said she'll help, or that he's forced her to. EC works in a lab- chemicals (lye) available which she's got for him, if she has been going to work during lockdown.
He may have chemicals at home (lye) as he's a former mechanic and maybe this helps to get rid of some grease for work that he does in his garage etc, so he's used this...
If the story is true of an ambulance coming over to their house- maybe it was because he's burnt himself with the lye or whatever. And this has raised further suspicions with the ambulance service. Maybe he got hurt in a struggle and has waited a while before calling the ambulance.

At the end of all this, I really really feel sorry for the poor children (maybe even EC, depending on how much she's involved and how he may have been during the relationship). I don't understand how anyone can do this, let alone a father himself of a young daughter. Surely, it would cross your mind that what if this were to happen to her, he wouldn't like to be in this situation as he family are. But he's a monster so. I pray his kids lead a normal life and will not be affected by this.
This is just my opinion to what may have happened. I don't think he will ever confess.
I hope SE can be found, I hope by some miracle she would be alive, but seems less likely. The body found may be hers. Whosever it is RIP.
Regarding your first point I'd like to add he's a parliamentary and diplomatic protection officer. Tho he's licensed to carry firearms as part of that job it's likely firearms officers prefer not to use them if their use can be avoided because of the legal wrangled afterwards. So it's very likely he'd be very well trained in overpowering attackers far bigger than her quickly and efficiently. JMO

I'm surprised that people are shocked she may have got into his car willingly. If he was in uniform, that can be both very persuasive and very intimidating. Women are raised to be compliant, nice girls, who listen to authority - especially a man. Lots of women are afraid of the police, even the flash of a card would be enough to make me feel very uneasy.

Not only that, but fear causes us to make decisions we might not have done. And that to me is totally understandable. Who knows what he said or did to intimidate or persuade.

999 = emergency (for police, ambulance, fire service, coastguard, etc)
101 = non-emergency police
111 = non-emergency NHS (for health related enquires/consultation).

Calling 911 in the UK also reroutes to 999 btw.

BBM

:eek: WOW!!!

I never knew this, but am so relieved to hear it. I've watched so much Homicide Hunter I swear in an emergency I'd be dialling 911

The CCTV footage highlighted by @Sherlockhames really is creepy. Lots of movement from the front drivers seat, followed by somebody apparently sticking their head out of the back passenger window.

It’s time stamped 3/3/21 at 22:00

I’ve tried to attach a 5 sec video clip but it doesn’t like the .mov file extension. I’ll attach a still although it’s hard to tell what’s happening until you see movement on the clip. The car is front left as you look at the screen.

Attachments

• AC48F925-4EE8-471E-8E97-0B10639496EF.jpeg
    AC48F925-4EE8-471E-8E97-0B10639496EF.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 604
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics