UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again it’s been widely reported that he abducted SE in a hired car. So the SEAT is a bit of a red herring in this regard (unless he hired another SEAT)
This car also looks like a lighter hue to me (perhaps a lighter greenish blue, though I know it's very hard to be sure).

Once again it’s been widely reported that he abducted SE in a hired car. So the SEAT is a bit of a red herring in this regard (unless he hired another SEAT)

Regardless, I’m still convinced that movement in the rear window is reflection of lights from an approaching HGV/bus and isn’t WC and SE (JMO).

Just want to chime in on the IE incident. It may not be the case that the police haven’t investigated properly.
Perhaps the situation unfolded as follow: WC exposes himself in the fast food shop, it is reported, statement taken and cctv reviewed. Now these officers taking the report may have had no idea who WC is at this point. Fast forward to him being arrested on the kidnapping and his picture is all over the news, fast food staff call police to identify him as the flasher, by this point he is already arrested. I might be way off, but unless the people in the fast food shop knew WC, how would police be able to identify him so quickly based off just a cctv image, especially if he wasn’t known to them previously.

card purchase? I know a lot of places are card payment only since covid.

Restaurants Are Encouraging Cashless Pay in Attempt to Limit Exchange of Germs

For the people wondering about the extensions to WC questioning, they clearly have enough to detain him, I think they will take it to the full 96. Once charged, they cannot question him anymore so I imagine they want as much time as they can, especially as they haven’t concluded their searches.

4. Once a person has been charged (served with a summons) or informed that they will be prosecuted, you should not question them further in relation to the offence, unless such questions are absolutely necessary:

Questioning of suspects - Investigation - Enforcement Guide (England & Wales)

O I hadn't seen this before that is really rather disturbing. Of course we don't know it's related but still.

They observed WC rather than arrest straight away because they were hoping he would lead them to SE. MOO

It's really hard for me to tell what is disturbing here - it could well be my poor eyesight though!

I’ve thought this! Why have they never released this footage just the one in the shop
Probably because it will form part of the case against WC. If SE is on one camera but not the next and he’s also on that camera around the same time - that’s evidence.

Or because it’s from a private home and the owners don’t want their address sluthed.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge about evidence collection/privacy law could confirm?

I think it appears he wasn't as clever with the number plate situation as you'd would expect of a PO. Why would he dump the no. plates rather than taken them with him and dispose of them as well as it appears he has done to poor SE's body. MOO

Edited because my post isn't clear - I don't think the dumped number plates are related (but god knows what's going on in this case tbh). But I would have expected him as a PO to not risk using the same number plates to commit crimes around London - completely stupid surely. MOOO

I think the number plates could be a red herring - I do think he may have gone out of his way to destroy evidence, so unlikely he left them behind and at the mo I can't comprehend any reason to remove them.

LBC Radio just reported on their news that Independend Watchdog will be investigating Met Police and the conduct due to report of indecent exposure of man in fast food restaurant in Clapham 11 days ago. It was short announcement and it was not specified if it was WC, however it was stated with relevance to this case.

This was just min ago on radio, so sorry I do not have a link. LBC report news every 15 min and I am sure other news media will be reporting about this shortly.

Indeed I have been playing this on and off all day. There is an awful lot of front and back seat movement. I am CONVINCED in the very last frame (where is finishes) her head appears. Especially in full screen mode.
I thought this as well. It’s terrifying that neither of the drivers of the other cars noticed anything was wrong. MOO

He was originally arrested for kidnapping, the very definition of which, means that she wasn't willing or consenting to be taken. They must have had enough evidence to be able to arrest him on this charge. I'm not sure, but I can't imagine that simply having footage of her in his car would be enough to satisfy evidence of kidnapping? JMO

You don’t need evidence to arrest, you need suspicion, which being the last person seen with her alive would cause. That is of course if he has been seen with her on a camera.

I think if footage actually exists of the abduction, they wouldn’t have needed such extensive searches of many areas along her walk. Unless of course the footage didn’t surface until later.

Well I always thought the footage from the bus was obtained later. Can imagine after trawling through all the traffic cam CCTV, then going to bus companies, waiting for them to come back it may take time...? But don't know. ETA: Also there was a delay in the doorbell footage being handed over wasn't there which pin pointed her last location to focus on ?

I don't think this looks like his car though? It's an SUV. His SEAT was an estate if I remember correctly.

I've seen others speculate that the scene at Poynders was a bit of a diversion to allow WC to be arrested on his return from work that day? Still think it's a relevant scene though but a possibility perhaps.

ETA: I agree with poster upthread. Police would have removed the video if relevant. I just hadn't seen it before so not enough time to digest for me before posting!

Last edited:
He was in a hire car. Highly unlikely to be a SEAT. This footage is irrelevant.

Sorry I may well have missed this with how quickly things have moved. Is it a fact that there is a third car that is hired rather than one of the two cars at his house being paid for under some sort of contract that would equate to being hired? Sorry, just thinking of the multitude of options when it comes to buying a car these days!

The police have been doing the wrong thing for 50 years. If it was funded more, there would just be more police searching for Sarah’s body - rather than anyone preventing her death.

What this country (and London) needs are visible patrols, on foot, to prevent crime from happening in the first place.

It’s no use the police rushing, blue lights flashing, to the scene of the crime after it has already happened. They aren’t going to un-mug, un-stab, or un-murder you.

No but if they have more resources perhaps they could spend time investigating indecent exposure incidents that are reported to them. With this case we know of one IE being linked to WC but I’m sure there will be more to come and with Libby’s case where there were numerous IE reports before she was murdered.. if these had time spent on them like having CCTV trawled, doors knocked, appeals made, like it is for murder enquiries then maybe the murder enquiry wouldn’t need to happen in the first place.. JMO but these sort of crimes definitely need more focus, it’s clear they can (not always) but can lead to so much more :(

I agree, more visible policing is needed too.

I’m still interested in the idea that WC hired a car. As reported on MSM. When did he do this? Where from and were the numberplates discovered on Rodenhurst Road connected with this?[/QUOTE

Perhaps he had it waiting for when he returned?

I was shocked to see this link earlier which rather alarmingly looked like a struggle in the Seat Estate WS owns or is remarkably similar. I believe it has been reported by another sleuther earlier in the chain, you can see the back windows go up and down repeatedly and the driver appears to shift to the back. It's probably clearer on the full site though.

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/archive/00001.03901/vid/1614808846.mp4
He was in a hire car. Highly unlikely to be a SEAT. This footage is irrelevant.

it does look like the SEAT to my eyes but apologies if I’m mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEYN0W